the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Empty Page [Death] (Closed)

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The shadow spirits disappeared and for a moment I was proud. I was proud that she was fighting for love, that she was fighting for everything that she believed in. It was a miracle, a step forward, and I was proud. At least, I was proud until these shadows came back and in full force.

They clung to her. Clawing at her, tearing her apart. And she screamed, at first, but after a few of the tears the pain didn't even hurt anymore. It didn't even cause the searing pain it was all just numbing. She collapsed, body unable to hold herself as each of her limbs were broken and muscles to support herself were torn. Blood. A lot of blood. But, she could deal with it. She was fine. At this point, she had accepted that she would die. She had accepted that she wouldn't make it.

"Midas. I love you. P-please don't for- forget that." Her breath was ragged, short and her voice was low, barely audible. There was no doubt that a lung was punctured in the struggle, but at least she had saved everyone else. "Amara… be strong. I'll always be with you -even if you can't see me. I'll be there…" a harsh cough, blood coming up and joining the puddle of blood that was already forming around her frame. "You too Reizend. I'll be here for all of you… You were all the reason I fought as hard as I did. You were all the reason I cared…"

More coughing, her eyes starting to glaze over. She wouldn't make it much longer. It was time for goodbyes - no medic could save her, not in time. Not when she'd already decided that she was going to die. She could cling around just long enough for them. But she also wouldn't fight the angel of death that she could hear hovering around her already.

And yet, she was sorry… So sorry that this had to happen.

One or two more posts from me depending on what others have to say then she'll officially pass ^^
SEELE
Credits

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
I quickly realize that fighting is futile, for how does one do battle with the air? Their screams pitch blackness into my mind, plunging fingers deep into my memories and dredging up the most painful, despairing things they can find. I shriek in fury and fear as they swirl around my horn, my hooves, anything that I attempt to strike them with. They are untouchable, unbeatable - not by mere mortals. And they will not stop until they have their feast, or their revenge, or whatever it is that they are after. I can make no sense of it, for though I hear the words, none of it makes sense.

Amara's fumbling flaps seem to send the monsters away; they do not aim for physical pain, then, as is apparent by their failure to land more than glancing blows upon me. No, they are here for the darkness that occupies every soul, their goal to bring it to the forefront and destroy the hope and love that exists in a body. I wonder if this will be my last fight, my last moments - will they stop after taking one of us, or are they a figment of the darkness that lies dormant in this land, waiting to retake our world from the gods' light?

The shadows disappear and I pause, panting, momentarily hopeful; and then Seele's screams shatter my illusion. I turn to watch in horror as her flesh is ripped open, as blood pools beneath her hooves, as she falls, seemingly in slow motion. I cannot move, paralyzed by my terror and anguish; and when I do finally force my limbs into motion, it is as though I am moving through water, drowning as I try to force myself to her side.

I open my mouth and a melody falls out, a fervent sort of chanting that glows in Seele's pure colour; her voice, though, when she speaks, interrupting my attempt to save her, is dim and dull. "Don't leave," I beg her, my eyes overflowing. "I didn't - we didn't - we aren't finished!" There is so much left for us here, so much left to learn of each other, so much left to share. "I - I love you, sister." I resort to humming then, for I can no longer form words - but I know that I cannot fix this, that all my magic could pour into her broken form and still it would not be enough. Her injuries are too many and too serious.

I will sing her into her death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

it only hurts when that door is opened
lies get tossed and truth is spoken

I wasn't so ignorant to believe that this tide could be stopped. We are helpless to halt them, even with our combined power. Crimson was dripping, the revolting flavor blossoming into existence. For the moment these dark spirits are all around me. Breathing hot down my neck and raking their fangs along my spine; it was out of necessity that this soul had already set its jaw to deaths black eye. Perhaps they sensed my willing heart, self sacrificing desire. For a fraction of a moment I wondered what would become of little Neve and Fina, they'd hardly had a chance to live.

Then all at once they change their course, the wraiths seize Seele. I spun around to defend her...but even before I'd taken a step it was already too late.They slashed soft meat, unrelenting. Such a rage came over my soul, it burned the inside of me -- how dare these unworthy beasts of hell arise to mark her. Words are frozen in my throat. I charge at them, swinging my crown left and right. Aiming to kill. Foam is hanging from my mouth, perspiration clung to every curve.

When they vanished from sight I stopped, but my heart continued to race. A cough. The raspy sound lured my crown to turn and see a broken body dashed on the ground. The folds of my throat seized together, and somewhere deep inside, the fading light of hope grew cold.

She was speaking.

I walked to Seele, her tattered body. Tis the voice of a dying woman, and I don't want to acknowledge that she has reached a point of no return. "Shhh," I coaxed, a tiny fake smile glittered its painful lies behind the steel around my face. "Save thee strength, ye will be fine." Fina soared in a tight circle around us, keeping watch for the wraiths -- should they return. "Thee is going to live," I dropped beside her, fanning my wing over her battered frame. Steel retracted upon itself and folded back into the form of a collar. Ivory pinions pulled away blood. I frowned, unable to maintain something so false, "We will stand before this clan once more, ye will have beautiful babes one day. A family worthy of ye." Why...couldn't we save this single soul? "Only fight Seele," don't leave me here alone, my crown lowers to her tattered neck. "Please."

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
i won't be saved

the shadows are gone, leaving me stumbling blindly with my body aching and eyes flickering forth to find nothing but echoing screams and splashing crimson. the earth stained in deep red, pools of it gathering in the corners of my vision as i watch with horror as the shadows leap to midas, clawing and tearing viciously in an attempt to injure. my body trembles, my eyes wide as i watch with horror. in the instant they're upon midas they peel away, dispersing. the silence grows, my body prepared to collapse as my heart pounds furiously, eyes wide with fear and my mind anxious for another attack. sameira remained at my heels, snarling and snorting with her lip curled up in a sign of aggravation.

and just like that, the shadows return. they are strong, wailing and crying as they drag seele by the hair, and my body tightens and my knees shake. i watch as they tear her apart, her blood spilling over the earth before my hooves. i try to move, i try to run to her, to flap my wings and scream at the beasts that crawl over the ground to reach her, black fingers peeling away at her flesh, her bones snapping and crunching. my skin tingles, my stomach knotting as i hear the sound of flesh torn and pulled from snapping, breaking bones.

it seems like forever, just like a dream, watching seele's body being torn apart, my mouth gaped open in a silent scream and legs stuck to the ground. sameira yips at me, panicked towards the emotions that begin to erupt from me as i watch seele's bay crumble, legs swept from beneath her. "SEELE!" my cry is broken, emotions tumbling from my lips and smoldering the words i try to speak. i race to her side, stumbling forward and crashing onto my knees with my vision blurred and body burning with rage and fear, my anguish ringing out in a long, heart wrenching cry that falls from my lips. i look at her, sobbing as i meet her dulling amber eyes, turning to look pleadingly at reizend and midas. "please you have to help her! please! she needs a doctor! someone get a doctor! don't just stand there! HELP HER!" my voice cracks, lungs heaving as my throat closes up, body trembling uncontrollably as i look at seele. she can't die, i can't accept it. call me selfish for saying it, but i need her. i can't live without her. she's my mother, and if she dies that means that i've lost them both. gods please help me. "you'll be okay, you'll be okay." i don't know whether i was telling myself that or if i was telling seele, but in either situation i know it won't help.

as her words are spoken, my name falls to her lips for what will likely be the last time. i watch midas go to her other side, wing opening before her with the metallic clinks of metal folding inward the only sound to be heard for several heart beats. burying my head into the bloodied tufts of her mane, my tears falling from my eyes as i open my mouth to let go a gross wail, throat tight with sorrow and pain. "i can't lose you, please don't go." i whisper, choking up my words with long drawls of gasping in between. in a childish voice, one resembling a child calling for her lost mother, i let a name slip out, a name that seele deserved. she holds true to the name, even if she believes she doesn't. the name falls from my lips pleadingly, begging for her to stay and be with me in just a single name, "mommy."

tags • notes

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
They watched, because what was there really to do? What more could be done for the mare that had been haunted by spirits like those in her mind all of her life. She shudders, she shakes, but the pain had stopped registering. There is a melody - colours lacing the sky as her half-sister sang. No. There's no use. And it seems that Seele's voice stops her, mid-song. Reizend is at her side, begging for her blood to not leave her, saying that they weren't finished. "I'm s-sorry," Seele choked, eyes squeezing shut for a moment as her sisters words came out.

She loved her. Seele was loved. And she could hear the hoofsteps, heavier than the dainty ones she had always associated with Amara, and it was his voice that hit her ears. Saying to save her strength - yea, the miniscule amount that she had left. Broken breaths were exiting her frame as he dropped down beside her, covering her frame with his wing. He spoke of false truths, lies that Seele had already accepted wasn't going to happen. Hah. Children. If only. It is Amara next, pleading with Reizend, calling for a doctor - not being willing to accept this. For she was at her side as well. It is tears that fall. Tears of emotions that Seele never thought she could have possessed.

All of them begging for her to stay, but she's struggling to stay here in the moment. She can't get the air she needs in her lungs - and even though the humming from Reizend is keeping her from being in pain, it isn't able to heal her enough. "They can't help. Am-Amara, they can't help." she whispers, trying to soothe the child before her. She stretches, pushing her frame in closer to Midas' embrace and trying to desperately to press her maw against Amara's forehead. "I'll be there. W-when you need me I'll be t-there. Y-you may not see me - but I'll be there." There is a sickening cough, blood spluttering from her lips and she knows there isn't much fight. But it's the word, mommy that shatters what is left of her resolve. "Midas… take care of her. Take c-care of Amara," weak breaths barely even move her chest.

She shudders, and she actually lets out a sob. A sob of acceptance. "You all want me to f-fight. I-I can't. It's…. My time. You are my famil-family. I c-couldn't have asked for a be-tter one." She shakes, eyes falling shut. "Y-you saved me. All of y-you. You already saved me."

Breaths start to fade. Her heart barely beating. "I love you. I feel it… and it's the greatest feeling I've ev-ever had…." The only feeling she's ever had - the only one her disorders had let her feel in her five years on this earth. And it's the only feeling she had ever wanted.

A smile creases her face, a short laugh. Amused. She couldn't believe the only time she got to feel was when she was dying. How horrifically ironic. And with the smile on her face her heart stopped, her breathing ended, and she finally passed into the world that had haunted her. But she refused to leave that world. She'd be there, in the trees, in the wind, in the water, in the sun, in the shadows, and in anything else they wanted her to be in. She wouldn't leave them alone. She had decided that she wouldn't be there physically, but she would be there spiritually. If they could find someone else to call on her, as she had called on those of the dead she would come. And until then, she'd caress them when they cried with a gentle gust of wind. She'd warm them with the rays of the sun. She'd hide them in the shadows. She'd offer them nurishment with the water and grass. She'd calm them with the delicate noises of nature. She'd do everything to help them feel the love that she was allowed to feel in these last moments.

And, as if to solidify this commitment, a gust of wind blew through - cascading a blanket of mist across their frames. "I'm not gone…"

Seele's dead ;-;
so many tears guys, can barely see the screen.
@[Midas] && @[Amara] -- you guys can post once more. Midas can take her tail heart trinket too, in that post. If Amara wants some of Seele's red hair to braid into her own, go for that as well ;3
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
i won't be saved

my stomach twists and churns, body shaking uncontrollably as seele tells me they can't help, my lip quivering and mouth gaping as i try to talk but let out nothing but a weak whimper. my tears run down my cheeks, my eyes blurry and everyone barely a shape, more of a collage of colours milling around me. my body is locked in place, my emotions spilling everywhere as anguish and the horrific reality of it all comes crumbling down upon me. i'm trapped thrashing and screaming, wanting nothing more than to watch seele open her eyes again and smile and her wounds to dissipate, laughing and telling us it was some illusion magic she had just gained.

but it wasn't.

this was truly how it was, my second mother had been torn from my fingers almost as fast as my first one had. my sides ached as i coughed and sputtered, choking on tears and the knot of heartbreak. i only had one other in this world, it was just sikeax now. i was too stupid and weak and shy to go anywhere and socialize with anyone. i lay with my face buried in seele's mane, sobbing more than i've ever sobbed before. i can feel my entire being sink and shiver with each stuttering gasp i draw in. the skin of my forehead burns where seele had touched it, brain numbing and body losing all sense of feeling in everywhere but that warm spot where seele's muzzle had touched, leaving droplets of blood soaked into my russet coat.

i felt the mood sink as seele's final breath escaped her lips, i could feel the warmth of her body seep into the earth, my mouth gaping open as i let go a series of screams, her name blending in with them, barely audible as i thrust my face back into her mane, my heart stuttering and lungs heaving as i look up at midas. "i want her back. i want her back! she didn't have to die for us! we could've fought them off together, but- she's dead- she's dead she's dead oh my gods she's dead, oh no," something deep down overcomes my being, my mind growing darker as seele's limbs grow stiff and her soul drifts through the wind. looking into the sky with my lips dripping with a venom many know as rage, i snarl at whatever cloud was passing by. "bring her back! bring her back!" i scream again, voice quivering as sameira sits down at the edge of the trees, giving out a low howl to match the pitch of my wails.

i feel the waves of panic and emotion drowning me, heart racing and breath shaky as i wonder what sort of impending doom the earth has in store for me. would i too die as seele did, broken and bloodied beyond repair with those who loved me watching me die? but no one loved me, i'm not even sure sikeax did anymore, after what happened i still feel this heavy feeling of guilt and regret, fearing she still hates me for what i'd done to her as a wraith. my breathing is cut short as i choke and cry, rocking myself with waves of anguish and the realization that she's dead brings my walls crumbling down.

i move forward, stretching my neck out and tediously placing my mouth around seele's fragile glass horn, and with a pounding heart began twisting my neck, feeling the glass crunch beneath my teeth until i had gained a small portion of the tip of her horn. feeling the bits of glass that had been shattered roll on my tongue, i place the piece of her horn between my feet before spitting out the shards. i look up at midas, eyes dulled and uncaring as i pick up the piece of horn, maneuvering my body so that i could stand and turn around. reaching down i pull a thick clump of seele's red hair from her tail, gathering it up alongside the portion of horn before straightening up and moving back a few steps, the corners of my lips quivering as i turn tail and run from midas and reizend, my sobs muffled by the items in my mouth.

abba said it was ok if amara took a lil' bit of her horn & hair <3
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

it only hurts when that door is opened
lies get tossed and truth is spoken

Wake up...

Midas....

Wake up.

_______

In my dream.

A child is screaming, sobbing, begging. There is a musk on the breeze, bitter and faintly acidic. Warm hair. Loose follicles sting my eyes, but I continue to bury my face in it. Another dry sob cracks the surface. How was it that already...her flesh is cooling? Lifeless. Yon girl is reaching over our corpse -- I look up, bewildered. Silver flakes linger in the corner of each iris. She scrambles to take bits and pieces...bits and pieces. Yar, before a single word could be said the babe ran away.

Suddenly the ground is trembling beneath me and there is another cry. Though this one tis not that of a youth.

_____

My throat burns, it aches with such a fire that I'm startled into awareness by the pain. Lids shoot open to reveal hazy gems rimmed with crimson spider veins. Tis dark. Nighttime? This body is stiff and cold laying upon the hard packed earth. I look around, disoriented. Stone walls surround me. For many long moments I'm unable to move, or speak. Blankly, I stare at the farthest wall as if expecting...expecting? What? Crown shifts to aim a wavery gaze at the entrance of this prison den.

A word slides into the cold air, my chilling breath halos above, "Seele?" Where had she gone? More insistent, "Seele?" No sound. Silence. So quiet I felt my eardrums might burst from straining to hear something, anything. It hurt to swallow, the lack of saliva made my stomach churn uncomfortably. "Fina?" I whispered hoarsely, searching earnestly for her familiar light. Neve croaks a nervous reply from somewhere outside.

It was snowing.

Two sets of very different eyes watched me stumble into a stand. They look on with a silent sadness as I look bleakly into the woods, looking...Yar, they knew what my mind was frantically trying to piece together. Grasped in the talon of the youngest was a little pendent.

______

Fina led me through the wood, I followed with each step dragging slower than the last. Snapshots kept flashing into my mind. Blood on the ground and that ghastly cough of a final breath abandoning a set of collapsed lungs. We emerged from the thicket into a small clearing near a frozen pool. Even with the overcast sky forbidding useful light, I could see a massive crater sloping into a blackened center. Black from scorch marks. My heart began to race, a fine layer of sweat appeared underneath this winter. pelt.

Seele...

I remembered now.

She died.

_____

Phoenix fire had taken her flesh. A roaring glory, one final farewell. A funeral fit for a queen.

Empty, Numb.

To my knees I fell. Uncaring how they scrapped harshly into the ground. Each breath was an effort, my head was spinning. This wasn't how our story was supposed to go.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]