the Rift

[OPEN] What could have been

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

She doesn't laugh like I expect her too as I tumble into the waves, nor does she reprimand or scoff. She smiles, and for some reason I wonder why I was ever afraid to try and fly in the first place. Why would I ever be afraid, ashamed, or embarrassed if I have Spice with me? She won't make fun of me, or think badly of me - at least, right now I don't think she will. It feels like being around her makes me stronger, and more confident... maybe braver even. I wish the bird-lady was here to see me. I would like to know if this is what she meant by brave, because right now I think I could do anything.

Her body drifts towards mine. At first I"m not sure if this is just an accident, I mean, there is a current and the waves can easily push our bodies around. However as her wing rises and falls against my shoulder I know that it was intentional. I feel the same heat rush to my cheeks as it did earlier when I thought she saw me fall from the sky onto the ground, but it feels different. It's warm all over, which is absurd because I know my body is still freezing. Maybe she's just warmed the parts that matter - some part in my soul that so long as it's warm nothing else matters. I let my body brush against hers as I pull a water logged wing from the water to try and place over her shoulders as well. It pulses warmly with light but gives off no more heat than hers does. But that doesn't matter. Together, it's enough.

She looks at me, her eyes seemingly capturing the sea itself, and smiles. I can't help but smile too, but this time I lower my gaze. Looking at her too long is almost ... well it's difficult in some hard to specify way. That doesn't mean I don't like it, it just means ... well, I actually don't know what it means. I hazard another glance at her, and find my smile widening. "Spice." I say, for no reason in particular other than I like saying it.

I sigh and look towards the shore, and let my gaze continue on to the land bridge. If we want to make it to the Throat we should probably get going, especially before night falls and things really start to get cold.

"There's beaches on the Throat too - bigger ones than this and the water is a little warmer too. If we leave now I'm sure we can find my Father before he leaves to patrol."

Image Credits

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

Spice enjoyed this colt of grey's company.
She loved being near another that was not her Mother. She loved it. It wasn't like just time spent with her mother day in and day out, it was a change. And she welcomed it.
When he says her name, she wonders why. Maybe he forgot what he was going to say, but it didn't matter when he had mentioned the other beaches. She smiled wide and whispered in his ear, hoping her breath to be warm and tickle the dark grey-furred ear -
"Then let's go!" She then feels his wing on her shoulder for the first time. It was warm and different against her fur. The light of his illusion'ed wings had reflected on her wet back. She looked at his wing, then at him, with a kind smile on her face, she pulled her own back (of course, not trying to make him feel like she didn't want the warmth) and made her way up the sandy shore.

She shook herself, both wings to her side, mane and tail flying. When she stopped, her fur all ruffled, she faced Rhoa. "I would like to be able to meet your father, he seems like a good pegasus." She honestly just guessed he had wings. Well, Rhoa had wings and he seemed to take after his father with the light...and hadn't he mentioned his Father had wings when describing the magic in his bloodlines?
She couldn't remember, but she thought he had. Smiling, she looks to the land bridge, ready for the trip to the sandy land of the Dragon's Throat. She wanted to meet everyone she could in the Dragon's Throat. As well as others from different herds like the...World's Edge Jahzara, the female equine she had met in the Threshold with Bucephalus, she had been from the World's Edge. She remembered the dark and never ending pit she had imagined when she heard those words.

Word Count: Tags:
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I follow her easily and happily out of the water. My body and wings feel heavy as the water seems to try and pull me back in, but nothing can keep me from her. My white-barred forelegs struggle slightly, even wobble a little as my hooves slip in the sand, but eventually I am out. I shake as she does, and my body feels loose and tired but much lighter than before. As she speaks of my Father, I nod.

"He is indeed. He is a great warrior, the best in all of Helovia I think. If he's ever lost a fight its only been a few times." Has he ever lost? I'm not sure that that he has, but then again maybe I was just never told about that. I wonder how old he was when he started training. He won't let me train yet, he says that because my bones are still growing I can't risk serious or permanent injury. That doesn't stop Ivezho and I from playing around. At least ... it didn't when he was still here. I feel my heart momentarily lurch, but I dismiss it quickly.

"All we have to do is go across the land bridge. There might be a few patrols who see us coming, but if you're with me it won't matter."

Suddenly, I have an idea.

Inconspicuously I move to her side, acting as if I'm looking around, but out of the corner of my eye I'm always looking at her. I begin to whistle, just a little, to distract her. I don't know if it'll work. Before I can find out, one of my wings shoots from my side to try and brush against her shoulder. "You're it!" I cry joyfully as I dance away to the left, pushing against the sand and moving up the hill that led to the water. I begin to run towards the bridge. I keep my wings pressed tightly against my flanks - I know that she can't fly yet, and so it wouldn't be fair of me to. And if I keep my wings pressed in like this I'll be more .. what's the word? Aero...something ? I don't remember.

The point is, I'll be faster.

[Do you want to start a new thread in the Throat?]

Image Credits