the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shoot me down but I won't Fall

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Keiran rises quickly as I approach, not at first recognizing me. Once he realizes who I am he backs off, and once we start conversing he takes his leave. Damaris stays with her rabbit, no longer paying attention to me except for the small, back of the mind nature of our bond that keeps us always connected. Kiara stands as I approach, perhaps trying to maintain some air of propriety. She doesn't know me well enough, it appears, to realize that propriety should be one of the first things left behind when you come to see me. At first she seems to be considering my question, and there's no doubt in my mind that something bothers her, and is weighing her spirit down. But instead of replying with an answer to satisfy my curiosity, she responds with a question of her own.

'What's in the leather bag you always carry?' It was surprisingly infrequent that he was asked that question. Many never asked, a couple presumed to know, and even fewer actually asked about it. He looked down at the pouch that hung at his shoulder, considering it. He did not drink from it as often as he used to. Perhaps it was the.. more uplifting nature of Helovia that kept him from resorting to his drink. Vodka offered comfort in the worst of times, but for the everyday entertainment he found himself more interested in the others that populated the odd land. They were such strange creatures themselves that he didn't need the vodka to make them any more interesting.

But she does answer my question, before I can answer hers. I blink in confusion - I.. two lines of conversation are taking place and I'm not very good at keeping up. But I shall try with admirable determination. She reveals that her misery is well-founded, and her reasons are tragic. The loss of her two children to the Basin, and their father destroyed. I know nothing of her family, of her children and their father, that he was a rapist and not a respectable character at all. "I am sorry to hear that." I am not very talented with empathizing, though I am earnest in my efforts. "Have you tried to get them back? Were they taken?" If she hasn't tried to get them back, then perhaps she should. Perhaps the herd should try. I lie down and encourage her to lie next to me, touching the ground with my nose as an indicator that she should join me. I take a swig from my pouch and glance toward her, offering her a sip as well. "It may make you feel better. It always does for me."

WC: 448
Tag: @[Kiara]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Kiara - 12-03-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Rostislav - 12-04-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Kiara - 12-11-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Rostislav - 12-14-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Kiara - 12-17-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Rostislav - 12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Kiara - 01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Rostislav - 01-01-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Shoot me down but I won't Fall - by Kiara - 01-04-2015, 09:43 PM