Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
H
O
T
A
R
U

It's no surprise that the little one wants to know of love, for it is love that will bind it to the soul of whomever shall be honored to receive it. Patiently she awaits her turn, spinning a story inside her mind. Phaedra had told her little of how she and Tolio had met, and her own love for Rhiannon was slow to grow and new beyond a way to explain. She is distracted momentarily by the crying child, her heart going out to him as she resists the urge to comfort him. It is not fair that so many have arrived, for Hotaru remembers the last egg she'd found, when it was only herself, her daughter and one other. It is unfair, surely, and she wants to comfort him. Tell him that it will not always be that way, that he will not be lonely forever, in the way that she too feels. Yet the egg seems to coo to him, tell him that he is not going to be ignored, and his tale spins before she secures the desire to move towards him.

Hotaru did not know any lovers, knew fewer males and females that could be paired together in a story. Plucking two from her memory, she withheld a laugh at the complete falseness she was about to place Deimos and Phaedra into. Yet the prospect was amusing, at the least. The Reaper, falling in love with the winged Opulent? It was hysterical.

Words finally bud on her tongue, and she begins to tell her tale, an amused smile on her lips.

"Let me tell you a story of triumph, and how even the strongest of upbringings can be broken by love.

There once was a leader of great skill, his name was Daymos. His heart was as cold as the wintry lands he ruled, untouched by all that sought to find his side. He was sought by few but the bravest, for a dark magic coiled in his soul that would sap away the life of those who proved themselves to be selfish and harmful. There was but one mare who would dare to seek him out, and her name was Phirenze. She was a beautiful creature, like cream and starlight wrapped up in satin packaging, with honeyed words and a hidden soul too pure and beautiful for many to see.

Now, Daymos had always been told that those with wings were sly creatures, like foxes in the night stealing hens for feasting. It was all he believed, and when he first encountered Phirenze he despised her on principle. Phirenze had heard tales of the icy king, but she was young and determined, as immovable as the mountains he secluded himself within. Though he would shout at her and demand she cease her harassment of him, she would flutter out of reach, challenging his ideology. With time, the king would come to accept her presence, though he grumbled like an unhappy kitten to preserve his appearance.

Phirenze was not to be deterred. Though she had not captivated him immediately, she saw in him a sincerity that drew her to his arctic regions. Each day she would walk beside him, speaking when he would not, earning mere grunts and huffs that encouraged her nonetheless. Until one day, he began to respond.

They visited often, in secrecy, for she would never be understood or accepted by the rest of his people. She showed him what lay inside her heart, and in turn he did as well. Slowly but surely, Phirenze won him over, until he gruffly claimed his love for her. Her laughter was akin to the ringing of bells in contrast, and their muzzles touched briefly as she looked upon him with glittering eyes like seafoam and shallow ocean waters. She loved him as well.

Yet not all was well. After all, Phirenze was winged. A horrible creature in Daymos's lands caught them in their secret one morning, in their hideaway where they had believed themselves safe. Phirenze took wing, chased away by the screeching of the jealous mare who claimed to only hate Phirenze for her nature rather than admit her own desires to have been the owner of the king's heart. Daymos's people thought him to be crazy, and though he remained their leader, Phirenze was steadfastly watched for, the patrols keeping eyes to the sky to ensure she would not further 'taint' their icy leader.

Seasons passed, but the lovers were not to be kept away.

Daymos found a loyal youth to do his bidding in secrecy, and he would leave favors of holly and sparkling gems where they first had met. Phirenze's heart was broken and aching to be so far from her stoic love, but she took upon the gifts to stave her loneliness. What she had not managed to tell her beloved was that she was with foal. She feared returning while pregnant, her escape surely slowed by the weight in her belly. Yet she...she loved the child inside her, a little piece of her true love."

Hesitation snapped her vocals, choking softly on the words. Thinking of even a false Phaedra, pregnant and alone...had she loved Ru and Rae? Or, had she loved them as wholly as Hotaru was spinning the tale into?

"At last, when the foal was born, she celebrated to find the little filly had been gifted her father's horn rather than her mother's wings. As much as she loved her own species, Phirenze wanted only for her daughter to know the love of her father without judgment. Travelling to the arctics in search of her lover, Phirenze was accosted at the borders, reluctant to leave the side of her daughter. Recognizing the mare they had deemed a devil that had tainted their proud leader, the warriors did not hesitate before attacking.

Phirenze fell beneath their blows, her daughter crying as she was held back from her mother, deemed a prisoner of the devilish pegasus with her own unicorn blood apparent. Daymos arrived in a storm of blood and rage, and he fell to the snow beside his lover, the normally stoic stallion shedding tears freely upon her beautiful canvas. With her last few breaths, Phirenze declared her eternal love for Daymos, and introduced their beautiful daughter to him. Daymos choked on his own profession, and held her until the last breath escaped the prisons of her lungs.

The gods had seen this beautiful love story, and they mourned the cruelty and narrow-mindedness that had brought such pain to the lovers. In honor of Phirenze, they sent down twelve spirit foxes that glistened with misty vapors and shards of ice and snow. They were as beautiful and powerful as Phirenze herself had been, and they danced round the little family, singing a haunting song of honor as they carried her spirit to the heavens to rest at last.

Before they departed, one fox pressed the end of its tapered muzzle to the point below the child's horn, where a snowy mark made it's place. And so the child was blessed to live eternally, so long as she desired it - a gift Daymos denied. He wanted to live only long enough to experience life with his daughter, and return to his beloved's side in the afterlife.

Daymos abandoned his herd, their blood upon his hooves to be swept away by the miles he put between himself and them.

And though he had lost the love of his life, Daymos was still given happiness in the form of his daughter, whom he loved more dearly than he had ever believed possible. He had cried to see her wearing the trinkets he'd given Phirenze, but every day he could see Phirenze looking back at him from her eyes.

And he knew that there would always be a piece of his beloved held within his daughter. Eternal."

She tapered off softly, letting the shimmer of her words fall into nothingness as she smiled to herself.

Oh, if only words could be made to truth.

Not, of course, that Deimos and Phaedra should ever have been together.

Hotaru giggled a little.

Denials: X :: X

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

Listening to all the melodic tunes that seemed to follow the precious egg’s requests the grey tried to contain her disappointment. It would have been too perfect if it had only been her that had answered the sorrowed cries. Perfect but sad all in the same sense for how many could not be drawn to the beauty within the soul that reached for help? Thankfully this had not been the case yet here she found herself wondering if she even stood a chance to touch this young creatures life in a way that would make a difference.

When the answers came a few were turned away but gratefully she was still in the running. The words to her song had flowed so easily from her lips as if from a familiar tune but a story of love? Thinking back over her life it was a difficult journey to get to where she stood today had there been love or romance in there somewhere? Those she had believed to love had turned out to be nothing more than a broken heart but there had been one lasting impression left. This would be the memory she would tell baring her entire soul for the creature to see. Plain as day she would lay her heart on the table for if this was not enough it would be asking something completely impossible. “Romance is not exactly something I am familiar with but I can tell you what I know of love. If it is a love story that you would like to hear I will tell you one that is as true to my heart as you can get. While it might not be romantic I can only tell you what I know.” She commented softly a smile cresting her maw.

"It all began with the two people on this planet that I cared the most for, my parents. Parts of my story may be sad but it all makes sense in the end. Watching my mother and father together was like seeing the moon for the first time or feeling the sun upon your back. There was no word that could describe their relationship for it was something so pure it was beyond words. While I only knew them for a short period of time before they were taken from me I knew from the beginning what true love was. They gave their lives to save me from certain death but at the time I was too blinded by anger and resentment to see this. Months passed before I realized the real sacrifice they had made for me.”

Pausing for a moment to compose her thoughts and get a grip over her emotions she continued softly. “I was young and stupid back then but I think I finally know what had been right in front of me. It saddens me every day that my parents are no longer here but their love lives on internally within me. I did not fully understand what it meant to love another until I met my two lovely boys. From the moment I looked into their eyes I knew that I could not live without them and I would give them the world if I could. I was scared to move forward alone with their father being gone but I couldn’t just give up and shame the memories of what my parents had done for me. There were mornings that I wanted to scream and drown the two little buggers but regardless of what trouble they managed to get into I would never love them any less. They are my heart and soul and I would gladly give my own life if it meant they would be saved. My parents had done this for me and despite being angry with them for leaving me I understand why they did what they did. Love is giving everything to those you care about and when there is nothing left still giving more. I love my boys with all my heart and soul and always will no matter what happens even if they manage to destroy the world. Well maybe not then, but they will never do something like that but no I would probably still love them even then.” Chuckling to herself she felt a lone tear trickle down her face yet made no effort to brush it away. It was a tear of joy and loving adoration and she would not be ashamed of it.

“They have both grown now but my feelings will never be changed. Those I love are permanently etched into my heart and there is plenty of room for others to join them.”

OOC:
Brisa would like a Silver dragon with firebreath ability.
Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10312
Denials: No previous denials for SS companion
"Speech"

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE

The egg has clearly made a first decision among elimination, and a couple of those that had gathered departed, looking disappointed. I watch them go, but my attention is soon redirected toward the egg. It doesn't seem as happy with my song, and I wonder if my musical skill is declining more than I realized. However, it has not asked me to leave, and for that I am thankful. I am to be given a second chance, and I promise it and myself that I will not squander it. I try to worm my way closer to the egg again, and dig my hooves into the sand, as if refusing to face or accept defeat. It appears we are all to spin a tale of romance. I think for a moment of the possible tales I could tell, and how I might embellish them. Though I want to speak of my love with Africa, it is not the happiest tale of late, and I think that this egg that loves romance and (likely) happy endings may not be thrilled with the way our tale is going.

Instead, I think I will tell of a different romance. One that I may have heard rumored, but never seen or experienced firsthand. But then, don't mysteries make the best romances? Maybe, just maybe, I can weave a tale that the egg will love. Maybe, it will think kindly of me, favor me over the others... as I have somehow become so entranced with it. Daresay fallen in love....

Again, I wait until there is silence, and I am not interrupting anyone else's story. Then I take my turn, and begin to tell the tale....

"This is the tale of a pegasus stallion named Kaj, and a lovely mare named Kahlua." I realize as I start that I know little of the Helovians that I am about to speak of. This story may be more fiction than fact. Is that a fault? "Even as a youngster, it was clear he had a heart of gold. He did not speak more than necessary nor speak out of turn. He respected others and wanted to protect all those that he loved. But though he cared for many, there was never just one that truly called to his heart." Okay, good, setting it up. "He came to live in the World's Edge, along with the mare named Kahlua. He, a handsome pale gold and cocoa stag with pale blue eyes. She, a beautiful black and white paint with orbs. But they did not know each other well, and didn't see the spark that was waiting to be struck. Simple friends, at best." And so the seed has been planted.

"When the Darkness fell - and don't you fret little egg, we shall protect you if that ever happens again - and the wraiths became a real danger, Kahlua was attacked. She screamed for Kaj to help her, and he came to her rescue, destroying the wraith in the process. Her trust in him grew. Unfortunately, the darkness took her, and the happy-go-lucky mare was so distressed at being turned to a wraith that she tried to flee Helovia, and leave the good and bad behind to protect her loved ones from herself." It gets juicier and juicier, and I feel myself being moved by my own story. "Kaj heard talk of her departure, and he stopped her, reminding her of how much they as a herd needed her and her crafting abilities, and how much she meant to them. At his behest, she stayed. While there was still light covering Helovia, she was healed, and they were promoted to King and Queen of the Edge. It was then that they began to fall in love, relying on each other as friends and partners. The darkness drove them all underground, into the very caves where Kahlua had been attacked, except now they were a safe haven."

I pause in my story, giving the egg a chance to soak everything up, and to catch my own breath. "The darkness finally lifted, and they returned to the surface and back to the World's Edge. But the rollercoaster did not stop then for the two blossoming lovebirds. Aurelia challenged Kahlua, and as Kahlua cried for Kaj to protect her, he tried to stop the challenge and protect his love. He was stopped from interfering, and Kahlua survived the challenge and defeated Aurelia." That was a bit of fact I was sure of. Oh Aurelia.. not good times for us. "But the two lovebirds could not catch a break, oh no! Confutatis challenged Kaj, but was also successful in retaining his position as King. After that, Kahlua confessed her love to her partner and friend, but STILL it was not meant to be. Instead of relief in her confession, Kahlua felt trapped, like someone her love would lock her down and contain her like a prison. She broke Kaj's heart when she told him they could only be friends." I pause again, my voice growing quiet and full of emotion at this surprise turn of events in the story.

"Kaj pleads with her to see love as he does, as a way to embrace life and experience the world through a different, more illuminated lens. But Kahlua is too afraid. She approaches him later, after some time has passed for her to think about it, and thinks she can give it a go. The two rejoice as they realize there may be a happily ever after for them after all. They continue on, stronger than ever, as partners in leadership and love." I reach forward with my muzzle to grace the smooth surface of the edge, my voice dropping to a whisper. "And they lived happily ever after. The End."

I look up at the others, wondering if they paid any attention to me. Are there any fact checkers here? Any who know these rumors better than I? I cannot say that my story was 100% true or 100% fiction. I can only say that it came from the heart, and I hope that someday I will have such a happy ending for myself. For now, though, I want to provide this egg with a happy home, and all the love that I may be able to provide. "I can love you like Kaj loves Kahlua. With pure heart and enlightenment, with dedication and loyalty. I can make your future bright." My sometimes hard features are softened as I smile down at the egg, wondering what grows inside. I don't know how it is possible, but I've come to love this egg as if it is already mine to care for and raise. It has such an effect on me, leaving me in almost a trance. I hope, I pray that it may choose me.

"talk"

WC: 1141
Wishlist :: Phoenix companion
Prior refusal(s): One (2 parts)

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

Sweet melodies never escape her mind, whispering throughout her thoughts and breathing romance into the pit of her sadness, awakening life. She smiles in a bittersweet, melancholy way of missing what love truly is. Those who had offered it in the past were all but gone. None had come to step up and help reach a reason to live through life, yet the warmth the egg was kind enough to embed into her dying soul was enough as of the time being.
Even if she didn't bring a new loved one home with her whom would be cherished for as long as her soul could give happiness, then she'd leave happy knowing someone had from bliss in the depths of hell.
"Where my mother was born, there was magic and things I can begin to imagine, who spun tales of every style into hearts. Adrixaura never spared me the love of my great grandparents, named Skyros and Adella."
She pauses to assure herself that the story is locked away in her memories that she holds the key too. Had they'd fallen into the darkness then there would be nothing left. Within her chest, her heart rolls into a knot and more than ever, she misses Amara. Amara had been the one to listen first and the first to show her friendship, and in return, she was forever in debt to her best friend.
Only now, does she remember how she wounded her and the trademarks of pain against the Pegasus mare's body. A single tear falls from her sky blue hues.
"Skyros was a soldier of a far away land, escaping war to find a different place to stay. Adella was of the sky, blessed with wings and lived above with her sisters and lone father. They were ebony and ivory, night and day, complete opposities, but their fates intertwined and they fell in love.
"Adella's father soon grew angry as of their love: his daughter was not worth the affections of a grounded man whom he believed couldn't bring his daughter all of the joyous of the world. So Adella was kept away from him, contained to the skies.
In an act of desperate measures, Adella threw herself from the skies to be with him, and in some how surviving, removed herself of her wings forever so that she could stay with Skyros."

Her lips draw themselves to a close, throat dry and tired after her tale.

OOC: Rougarou with shadow ability
Wishlist

Was given admin permission to use her off-site great-grandparents since it affected her in some form.
notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The rolls!

Rhoa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) * 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3) ,
Sikeax || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) ,
Cetan || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) ,
Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , * 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) ,
Thor || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) ,
Hotaru || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , * 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) ,
Destry || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , * 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) ,
Brisa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1) ,

Extra for Helovia-involved sweet or funny love stories are indicated with a *

- If you roll a 2, 4 or 6, you move on!

(Depending on how many are left over, I may have to do this again)

Helovian Ancient
From those who moved on: Rhoa, Sikeax, Silk, Hotaru, Destry
If you got a star next to your name in the previous roll, you will get an extra roll here!

Rhoa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Sikeax || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Hotaru || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Destry || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)

If you roll a 1, 3, or 5, you move on!

Helovian Ancient

Moving forward with favor: Silk, Destry
The following are awarded with your choice of one of the following: small item, small marking, amulet or feather/talon/scale/tooth from the companion you were seeking!
Rhoa, Sikeax, Hotaru (please post in character records to pick which one!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Two stories sang out above the others, one of Kaj and Kahlua, and the other of Azzaron and Delinne. Both were filled with romance and tenderness, delivered with such life and promise! Oh, how the egg wished it could choose both, for the plots were beautiful as were the characters. But alas, there was only one of it and two of them remaining. For all others, the song died away, melting into the roar of the ocean.

The tantalizing, creamy surface called the two closer, for it wanted to know more about the hearts within. With its romantic melody and powerful verse, it rang out in the minds of Silk an Destry, indicating that it wanted to know more! This Helovia, this life... surely this was worth living for, waiting for!

-----------------------------------------

Everyone's stories were so amazing! I so appreciated reading each and every one.

For the two, lucky remaining characters, you are to tell a PERSONAL story about your character and their growth IN HELOVIA. This can involve any character, and you can most certainly fib to make yourself appear more magnanimous and romantic.

Since these are personal character stories, I will not be awarding extra rolls based on the content. From here on out, you two are on an even playing field.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

I waited ... and waited ... and waited .

When I sang my song, however pitiful and sad it was, I felt something. It was .. I don't know how to explain it. Now you might think that if you can't explain something then you can't be certain of it. And that's just wrong (but don't ask me how I know that). It was just like ... like this feeling. It felt big, and warm, and wanting and I just knew the egg wanted more. I was certain of it. So I tried. I did the best I could and ... well I thought that it was alright. (I wouldn't say anything outloud, but I think it was better than some of the other stories that were told. I mean, how boring were they? Haven't they ever heard of a little artistic license? Some rhetorical flare?).

Only... only now I don't feel anything, and it's the not-feeling that's the worst. I don't feel empty, I actually feel full. Full of anxiety and despair and blackness. The lack of wanting from the egg makes me feel even more alone now. I tried, I really did. Maybe my story was bad and I should feel bad but .. I didn't know what it wanted! I'm still young! Why doesn't anyone understand that?! Why doesn't that count for anything? The bird-lady said to be brave. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. DOES IT MEAN GOING THROUGH LIFE ALWAYS ALONE?

MOTHER IS GONE.

FATHER IS GONE.

IVEZHO IS GONE.

WHATEVER THIS IS IS GONE TOO.

I hate the world (I don't actually, but I'm feeling fairly dramatic now and so I let myself think that I do). All of this is just... just .. unfair.

I feel like crying but I won't. I try. I go out of my way to meet people and what happens? I get yelled at for something Father's done. I try and comfort this egg and what happens? I get ignored for the next best thing that comes along. I try and help out in the herd and what happens? I get given the baby-tasks to do like I'm some chump.

Well you know what Helovia?

EFF YOU.

I'm out.

Love Rhoa.

Thanks for the prize!!

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I'm not sure that I can move any closer to the egg - I'm practically on top of it. And yet the others seem to fade away, and though one other stays (a lady unknown to me), it's as if it is only the egg and I left on the beach. My exhale leave my breath floating over it, wrapping around it. Perhaps I could incubate it myself, carefully, of course! But first it has one last task for myself and the lone mare that remains. A personal story? One of growth? Well.. that seems rather easy. I have changed greatly since I entered Helovia.

I start speaking in a low voice to the egg, almost too embarrassed to let the other hear. After all, I have not been the most perfect guy, and I'm still far from it. "I am not flawless, little egg." I begin, and my tone is rather apologetic. "But I have certainly changed greatly from when I first came to Helovia." I remember back when I first came.. I met Apodis, and he led me home to the Throat. "When I first met Midas - and oh you should meet him, as he has ascended - I was a punk ass kid. (Pardon my language.) I was rude and had no respect for others. I was arrogant and stuck up." Oh yeah, I remember it well. I'm sure Midas does, too. He gave me quite a licking when I came to the Throat.

"After that I began to change... I minded my tongue a little more. But when I met Africa.... Well, you have to meet her, too. I was still a little roguish, but she took it all in stride. I fell in love, little egg. Being around her made me softer, rounded out the hard edges." I smile fondly at the memory. "Like Kahlua, I was turned into a wraith. But I suffered as one for much longer than she. When I was healed, I had a greater respect for life. I spent a lot of time trying to find Africa, whom I'd been separated from, and tried to make new friends along the way." Not that I've always been very good at it. I've definitely made an enemy or two as well, but mostly I think I've been on good behavior. Midas has noted my improvement, and I don't think I've had many complaints made against me. Even Silas has gotten to liking me better.... "I've found Africa.. a couple times now.. and I'm discovering new parts of myself everyday. I want to be better, for her.. for the future.... Maybe even for you." I nuzzle the top of the egg fondly. "I can love and protect you, and help show you how wonderful this world is. I've learned from my time in Helovia that there is more good than bad in the world and it's worth it to be a part of it." I think my story telling skills are drying up, but in all honestly, a year seems like such a short time here. I haven't had much of a chance to settle down anywhere, only just now finding myself a home in the Throat again. Who knows what the future will bring.... A better world, a better life I hope. I turn my head toward the mare, motioning that she may present her story now.

"talk"
WC: 563
Wishlist :: Phoenix Companion

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
I smile softly as the song that has been sung from the egg within my head remains, clinging to my memory as it flows gently to my ears, delicate harmony ringing. My body sways to the rhythm of the music, smile dancing over my lips as words are pushed into my mind, forming responsive thoughts in reaction to such. The egg wanted a story about me now, and my mind drifts to all the recent events I had dealt with. However, my life is definitely not some fantastical tale of romance and heroic feats, nor was I a saviour of Helovia. I was simple, little Destry. I was an insignificant piece in the God's wicked games, a pawn to their massive chessboard. Looking over at the dark stallion with the leather wings who also remained as everyone else shuffled away, I offer a smile. I did not wish to compete with him, only to tell the egg a story to soothe it, and maybe if the God's allow, take it with me to add one more to my little family that was soon to grow.

Smiling down at my hooves, I raise my gaze to the little egg sitting within the driftwood nest, stomach twisting just a little bit as I summon the courage to spill out my story, tongue testing my drying lips ever so slightly as I move forward to tell the egg my tale. I did not wish to weave lies, because I knew how horrible the feeling would be if I won the egg because of my lies. Sighing and gently beginning my tale, I felt myself sink into an inescapable pit of memories that had laid down before me. "Well, I hope you know my tale is true, only because I would never forgive myself if I earned you through weaving lies to make myself seem more than what I am." Inhaling deeply, I begin my story. I didn't know why I chose this point in my life, but that is what I had done.

"I have already told you about the death of my father, and that is where my story will begin. With the death of a sire I had never really known too well, and the abandonment of a dam I once adored. My mother had forgotten all about my father naught but a few months after the death of my father, and I found her birthing a child that was not my father's. It hurt so much to know she had already forgotten him, that their love meant nothing to her. That his devotion to her was long since forgotten. I was so angry and upset at her, I abandoned her. Thinking back on it now, I regret it. I should've congratulated her, or apologized to her before she left. I don't know where she is now, but wherever she is I wish she knew how much I'm sorry." I have to stop and inhale, trying to bring myself to composure despite the feelings welling up inside. I want to find Delinne, I want to run to her and apologize and desperately hope that she'll forgive me, but she is gone and I don't think i'll ever find her. "I ran away back to my home in the Hidden Falls where I refused to speak or interact with anyone. I was so upset by everything, I honestly just wanted to fade away and never have to deal with anything ever again. It was a low point in my life and I feared that never again would I be able to be happy. How wrong I was." My tears welled within my eyes for yet another time, yet a smile crawled its way over my features as I told my story.

"As I wept beside one of the falls, I met a mare who was being kept as a prisoner within my herd. I told her she was an angel, oh how silly I was back then. She told me she wasn't an angel, but it was I who was the angel. We talked together for what seemed like forever, and all I wanted to do was lay there beneath the moon and talk with her. She was the first one who could make me smile since the incident with my mother and father. She invited me to follow her to her home a few days afterwards,to meet her on the border of the Falls, but in the end we found one another during a drop like this one, much to our dismay we both lost, and I suppose neither of us have given up finding a friend, for we were both here today. My dearest Aurelia told me that she had lost her companion, and it was then I could feel my heart sinking as I felt so sorrowful for the loss she had suffered. I think it was there Aurelia began to open herself up for me, and I found that inside she was just as broken as I, if not more. Yet her beauty was not damaged or tainted with her sorrow, instead I found she was so much stronger beneath the light of emotion. I told her that I loved her for who she is, and together we went to the Dragon's Throat, side by side. It was not long after we returned to the Veins to pray to the Gods, and it was on that day I was reminded that miracles were not always going to happen when I wanted them to, and the world around me was fragile, and that an imbalance can cause everything to fall apart." My smile had faded as I remember our journey to the Throat after the burning, and how painful that had been. "Aurelia was taken by me, and I feared that she had left me, that I wasn't good enough for her. It scared me to think that I wasn't good enough for that one person who made me so happy inside. I was a coward, and unlike my father I did not go head first into enemy territory to fight for Aurelia's freedom. I instead prayed to the Gods, and this time my prayer was answered. The Earth God, surely the kindest of the Gods, granted me a quest. And that's what I'm on now, a quest so that Aurelia and I may create a family of our own. I found her in the Throat, and I told her about my feelings, finding that she too wanted a family. And that's all I wanted, was to make her happy. And if finishing this quest is going to do just that, then I'll do it. Although I'm afraid I'll make a mistake and she'll leave me behind, I still fight for her and her happiness." My smile is brightening, the distant song of the egg and crashing of waves, rolling in smoothly. "I suppose since the death of my father I haven't drastically changed, nor have I achieved anything great. I'm a simple mare, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully you're not seeking a strong, brave soul who's wise and knows just what to do during stressful situations, because if so, I am not the one. I can only provide a small, fragmented little family that's soon to have a little addition to it. And maybe I can provide you with a child to watch over and play with, to love just as much as I will love you, hopefully a child of ours." Ours, as in Aurelia and I's child, as in ours, meaning our little family. My heart skips many beats as I think about having a companion to guard our child as they sleep, playing with them and exploring the world with them.
"I apologize that my story is not as pleasing as it could have been, but my life has just begun, and I have much more to experience. If you choose me, maybe we can experience these things together, and side by side we'll take on whatever obstacles that stand in our way."
"talk talk talk"
-- seeking roc zephyr --

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Helovian Ancient
Even is Silk
Odd is Destry

1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)

Helovian Ancient

Congratulations to Destry!

You win a royal, Roc Zephyr which can hatch immediately if you want it to

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emotion fueled the stories, so many of them beautiful and wild, and after a brief moment to consider the two loves, the egg had made its choice. Destry. Such a wounded heart, bandaged by affection, and needing a friend to add to her one, lonely lover. How could the egg not be drawn to such raw emotion? If only it could have one bite of that love, it could be happy.

The song went silent for Silk, the egg having chosen its new master. There, it waited, wanting desperately to hatch and grow, to be a part of this new life and grateful for the chance to write a new love song together.