the Rift

of wounded minds and wounded souls

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

My teal eyes widened and my body froze. Ears flicked behind me as they caught the muffled sound of hoof beats on the approach. Was my game up already? Was my attempt at an escape so feeble, so futile, so pitiful that even after traveling for three nights that my previous captors had already caught up and found me? Panic grew within me, sending every cell of my body into a quivering motion, a vibration of sorts, as my mind hastily tried to grasp an idea, a plan, anything to help me get out of this pickle I was now in. I could try to run, but that would likely end poorly no matter how hard I tried. I could try to hide, I thought as I saw some bushes in the distance. But that wouldn't do either since I would have to run over to them and then somehow make them think I was hiding somewhere when I wasn't. I was no where near that coordinated enough to pull a stunt like that off. That left me with really only option left: to face my adversary.

A nervous gulp traveled down my throat as I forced myself to turn around. Clumsily my wobbly legs spun my light frame around and two wingless equines were caught within my frightened gaze. The first one was rather large in stature and build and lighter in color. That one was standing right before me. The second was darker in color and making their approach to the other and me.

Ears flicked forward as the one who stood closest to me parted her lips and spoke, but I didn't hear much of what she spoke. No, I was too preoccupied with the throbbing sensation in my legs, the pounding of my own heartbeat in my chest, the quickening of my shallow breaths. Wingless. The word echoed within the deepest confines of my mind, of my memory. The ones who had captured my mother and tore her wings off were wingless weren't they? That was what all the others who were captured had also said too wasn't it? And here before me stood two wingless equines most likely to drag me back to that cave that hid anybody that was stuffed into it.

No.

A voice echoed within me. I would not return to that cave. I would not be forced to choke on its cold, clammy, stagnant air. I would not live my life down there fearing what may stand four inches in front of me. I would not go back – I couldn't – not after spending my limited time of freedom on the surface trying my best to release myself of their cold hearted, killing clutches.

No. No. No. No!

The voice within me grew louder with each word and with each utterance my legs began to quiver beneath me. I was barely holding myself together when the stallion finally finished his approach and spoke his own set of words. Pure instinct took over then as my legs fumbled to carry me off at an attempt to run. A scream filled with panic and desperation percolated in the air. I could have sworn that I voiced a single phrase within the scream. I thought it was the word no, but even I wasn't completely sure since I was doing my best to escape. But like I knew would happen, my overly large wings flapped around wildly as I tried to keep them close to my body and caused me to lose my balance and fall head over hooves to the ground.

I shook my head as I gingerly got back up to my hooves. Why did my wings have to be so awkwardly large? Why couldn't I just learn to fly already so I could escape by taking off into the sky? Why did these wingless equines have to come after me? Why did they have to capture my mother? Why did they have to kill my mother? Why? Why? Why?!

It didn't matter though. They had found me. They had caught me. And soon I'd be thrown right back into that cave or worse killed right here on the spot. Surrender was readable through my body language as my head hung low. So much for my freedom. So long sun. Goodbye all things surface world! My time up here was done. Or at least that was what I was thinking before another sound permeated through the air. I looked up only to see a blur of color whiz by and land upon the ground not far away. But once the blur landed I noticed something that lifted my hopes.

Wings.

The newcomer had wings! Perhaps he would save me, protect me from these wingless equines who were going to take me and throw me into that cave? Or maybe he was also on their side as some sort of double agent? I hoped he wasn't because right now it...it was looking like I'd need some sort of saving.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 837
TAGGED;; @[December], @[Ira], @[Hector]
OOC;; omg...poor Isa...she's so utterly confused lost and scared xD

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 12-27-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-07-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM