the Rift

[PRIVATE] WHATCH THIS!

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Ten horses moved across the sandy borders of the sea. Their size alone was enough to raise heads, but their movement in particular drew some attention, albeit most chose not to intervene, for whatever reasons they managed to come up with. The band, for that's what this group of horses seemed to be, was comprised primarily of thick, robust stallions that walked with a confidence and boldness that could only have come from a battle trained life style. There was the occasional mare amid the warriors, their bodies no less scarred or taut with muscle, but their moods seemed all the more sour. Despite all their similarities in career choice, there was a mixture of hue and species, though one pale unicorn front runner seemed to be the leader of them all.

The fighters moved in the rough outline of a circle, eight in total, while the remaining two moved in the middle of the group, fringed by the muscle. It seemed to be a tactical method of guarding the two within the group, which wouldn't have drawn so much notice except for the resistance that the mare and foal put up amid the ring. The child, a young, grey unicorn colt, seemed frightened out of his wits and continually ducked behind the legs of the black equine mare that walked with him. She was clearly nervous, but there was a hardness to her that shone in the way she'd intermittently rebel; either by abruptly stopping and refusing to move or trying to rush at one of the 'guards'. For this reason she was decorated in blood, assuredly her own, as none of the guards walked stiffly.

For the various strides in which mare (mother perhaps?) and child walked without complaint, one of the guards would find the need to reach out and place a hard nip, or a snide remark. That often brought the tortured cry of a caged dragon, its fire blazing through the metal bars which held it captive upon the backside of the rear guard.

Whatever this group was up to, it couldn't be good.

8 guards encircling 2 captives + their caged dragon companion.

Captive 1: Black equine mare, rebellious. Bonded to caged green dragon with fire breath.
Captive 2: Grey unicorn colt, terrified. Son of the mare?

Guard 1: White unicorn stallion at the front, leader? Wearing armor.
Guard 2: Black and white paint pegasus stallion at the front left. Has 5 amulets.
Guard 3: Palomino uni/eq hybrid mare at the front right. Has a sword.
Guard 4: Buckskin equine stallion at the middle left. Has magic.
Guard 5: Red roan equine stallion at the middle right. Has a cloak which makes him invisible.
Guard 6: Chestnut uni/peg hybrid stallion at the back left. Has magic.
Guard 7: Grey pegasus mare at the back right. Has a phoenix companion.
Guard 8: Bay unicorn mare at the rear. Has the dragon cage on a metal pole connected to her armor.

No need to post here if you don't want or don't have time, I just tagged everyone who's shown interest in the W.H.A.T.C.H. thus far in the hopes of finally kicking it off and possibly doing a mass recruiting ;D p.s. forgive me if this is cheesy.

I will probably leave this open for 5-7 days then post again with NPC. Feel free to join even if it's past the first round of posts. Also posting order is a lie!

@[Aisling] @[Aoife] @[Arah] @[Bucephalus] @[Caenan] @[Cirrus] @[Dröm] @[Eris] @[Fig] @[Finn] @[Kaiylia] @[Megaera] @[Mesec] @[Muriel] @[Rei] @[Thranduil] @[Zèklè]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Justice without force is powerless
Force without justice is tyrannical.
- Blaise Pascal

She had been needing to spend time away from the Throat whenever she could spare it. The absence of the sands helped her ease her heart, but only barely. It wasn't just him that weighed it down, it was everything he had said, everything he and his absence stood for. All of it came rushing back to her every time she looked at him, freezing her, choking her with failure and despair. So she ran into the wind and let its feeling slide over her, hoping it might tug away all the hurt the way it pulled at her hair and shaved off the dirt.

Running from this wasn't going to help though, just as ignoring hand't. Ampere needed to do something to make the change she was so desperate for. What had happened to her excited fury as she walked with Mesec on this very beach? What had become of the echoes of the gods on the murders? We have the power to make a difference she muttered to herself - but only if they actually seized that power.

An awful cry broke through Ampere's thoughts, jerking her head down towards the sands. In the distance she saw dark shapes moving on the sand, surprisingly large. Curious, and sure that sound was nothing good, Ampere flapped herself towards the group of terrorists.

She circled overhead, but a couple more cries and only a few blinks told her enough about this group. Their size was impossible for her to take on alone, but maybe she could be clever for once in her life. Either way she couldn't simply let it be, she had to act or else go mad.
Tilting on one wing, Ampere dropped gracefully through the air, landing with a spray of sand not far in front of the pale unicorn.

"Stop!" she called out loudly as she turned to face them, wings flared at her sides in an impressive display that she hoped would work, but this lot didn't seem easily scared off. Her eyes narrowed, undaunted by their might, but not for any sane reason. "You're hurting them." Her teeth clenched, well aware they already knew this, but sometimes saying it aloud, something being bold enough to step up to them, was all that was needed to reveal their cowardice. Still, her magic crept forward, its invisible hand reaching out for the electrical beat that marched inside of all living things. She focused on the dark mare in the back that had caged the dragon, the most innocent of all those gathered - if she let it go, she was sure its wrath would cause the distraction needed to ensure all got away safely.

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Ampere was not the only one outraged by what was seen upon the beach. I had brought Azeeza here to practice her flight, so that her wings would grow strong and her body light on the generous thermals of the sea. But below was a group, one that sent anger lancing through my body like a knife. A mother and child, the mother's dark hide stained with blood, being forced across the sand by a large group... and standing before them was a familiar blue-black mare.

Shit.

I coo to Azee, forming a picture in my mind of her on Ampere's back, alerting her to my presence(for I was up high enough that I most likely appeared just a normal bird. Tailfeathers, fucking amazing), plus through Azee's eyes(interesting little thing I learned via Gaucho/Mara that was possible) I could see when the mare would attack, if she did.

Azee dove down, landing in a heap of feathers and down upon Ampere's back. Hell I'm just relieved she actually landed without tearing out some feathers. Through her eyes I see the group(although it's blurry), and the caged companion. Well, no wonder Ampere was pissed, although the treatment of the mare and her foal concern me more.

I circle above, gaze flickering over every one before it lands on the front-right mare, the one with the sword. A grim smile parts my lips, and I dip my head down, drawing my dagger. I was excited, nostrils flaring as I focus upon my target below. Sword vs Dagger... this was gonna be fun. However... two against eight? Those odds...they were not favorable.

Azee picks up on my concern and chirrups softly, downy feathers fluffing before she tugs at Ampere's mane, and at my insistence she flutters off to a nearby tree, long talons curling around the branch. Assured she was safe, and that Ampere now knew I waited for her to move, I circled above, gaze focusing upon the sword-mare.

"Altan's speech."

Image Credit

Pixel by Aud

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Meg hadn’t intended to need her armor when she had donned it that morning. IT was new to her, but the seasoned leather was still molded to the one who’d worn it before and needed time to stretch and settle to the same of its new bearer. The warrior needed to get used to her new war-cloak as well, the weight, and movement were all foreign to her, but by the time she had to use them in battle she wanted it to feel like a second skin.

Her new suit was not the only thing that needed adjusting to, though the thick leather straps that ran over her shoulders made an ideal place for her precious little charge to perch. Barely a week old, and still and awkward pile of fluffy white down, little Gwaihir perched happily between his bonded’s wings for their first flight together. Meg sailed smoothly over the trees, keeping her pace slow and easy so as not to jostle the chick, and smiled at the delighted little chirruping noises he made. They couldn’t yet communicate with words like she knew others could, but the mare was still in awe of the power of her connection with the little hatchling. She could feel the ebb and flow of the emotions that moved between them, the need, the love. That love surprised her, shocked her, for it had come so quick and fierce that it rivaled her love for her desert home. it this what a mother feels like? she sometimes wondered for even though they were not bound by flesh, she knew in her deepest set of knowledge that she and he were bound by souls.

Angry shouts and pained shrieks interrupted the happy flight as the pair sailed across the tree line and over the sandy stretch of beach. Two figures, one a child, were being herded along the sands by a brutal-looking mob. PROTECT! the instinct flared in Megaera like a fiercely kindled flame, she knew neither victims nor the perpetrators but whatever the circumstance whatever was going on here was wrong!. As she realized exactly what she was witnessing, another figure graced the scene below. Ampere! The thunderbird landed before the mob, standing alone in opposition of cruelty and Meg’s instincts commanded her to race to stand beside her sword-sister.

A nervous chirp from her shoulder stopped Meg dead in her need to surge forward. Gwaihir was tiny, defenseless, and whatever the provocation, the mare would not put him in harm’s way! She landed, not at immediately at Ampere’s side like she wanted, but circled back to the edge of the treeline. A low tree created the perfect hiding spot for him, and as quickly as she could while still being gentle with the fragile chick, chivied him off her leather covered shoulders and into a fork of wooden limbs. “Stay, Gwaihir!” She half commanded, half pleaded, not knowing how much he could understand of her words. And turned, taking to the air once more.

She raced back to the scene, skimming low across the sands. In the moments it had taken her to hide little Gwaihir, a young falcon had descended to land on the Gladiator. Surely not hers… Meg flicked her eyes up to a dark shape that circled above. Did that make it three against eight or two against nine? Either way it was stupid, but doing nothing clearly wasn’t an option as far as the blue and the bay were concerned. Meg landed at Ampere’s side, back shrouded in its thick leather case, armed with bony tines along the spine and face shielded in shiny steel. Her posture mirrored Ampere’s and she aimed a threatening glare between the armored leader and the painted pegasus directly in front of her and positively growled, “This will not be tolerated.”
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable

With the pudgy, pale babe nestled between the thick threads of her beloved Body Plant, Fig ambled ever nearer to the sandy beach, eager to spread rolling arms beneath the nourishing light of the sun where no competing canopy might tangle with her own (or shade her effort). She picked a cautious path between the long, lean trunks of palm trees and kept her mahogany-hued eyes peeled all the while, for any insect that might suitably nourish the newborn she carried – that was what the winged wonders of the world fed upon naturally.

Though passing through the tall coastal forest was far easier than journeys made through those of World’s Edge, it was still slow going. The glossy, green leaves sprawled around her shook vigorously, often, as she pulled her lowest, farthest-spread limbs past each beige body, and she cringed and apologised when she heard the fronds above tremble in unison. Nevertheless, both were well accustomed to the ritual by now – it was a trip Fig made daily in response to the Sun’s cycle. She knew they were built soundly despite the slim nature of their length, and focused more on the safety of her Body Plant as she went.

Soon enough, the golden sands of Endless Blue welcomed her clumsy tread.

Heat radiated off the glistening substrate, and she was ever more thankful for the glorious shade supplied by the fig overhead. The day was hot, and beneath her heavy armour sweat poured from overheated skin – perhaps if it had been coral adorning her instead, she might have dipped right then into the cool rolling water. The steady roar of ocean crashing along the shoreline filled ear listening ears, and pale eyes traced the vanishing line of wet and froth all the way to the north until the jagged face of cliffs broke their path. Fig sighed deeply, and turned as the pasty hatchling stirred from his sleep.

“Well hello again,” mellow tones cooed gently, and her whiskered lips turned to nuzzle him where he lay, still curled up, in the makeshift nest she had created. Again his striking, unusual appearance took her by surprise and so too did the strangely plump feeling of his body beneath her touch – naturally she had expected something scrawnier, bony... Though she pulled away suddenly, there was naught but warmth radiating from the smiled wrought throughout her expression. “That egg kept you well, didn’t it! she chortled tenderly. “Well, I am sure you are hungry all the same...”

There was a sudden chorus of raised voices nearby – not frivolous or friendly – and Fig’s large, furry ears danced backwards instantly. Her face lifted swiftly towards the commotion and there was (further down the beach) a great procession of bodied. Nostrils purged a wary snort, and she could see despite the distance, a small force was gathering to their front – challenging their march, she presumed – though she was reluctant to join their cause. She was not built like the much smaller, more agile Helovian population, and certainly the Lignea knew nothing about combat, fighting or anything so aggressive. Her kind dwelled in peace and upheld at all times, harmony through Prim’sylva and balance.

So she lingered upwind and watched, one ear trained to the babe behind – whose tiny brown eyes gazed bewilderedly at the wilderness around him.

fig
Art by Laine <3
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

PREVIOUS THREAD: SWP Shipping

The beach had become Mesec’s favourite spot to come and clear his head - thoughts seemed to come easier to him here. Things had started to make sense here once-upon-a-time before everything had unravelled again. That seemed to be a general theme to how his life was going but maybe now things would stabilize once again. He was trying to make a home, trying to recreate the feeling of having a family, and he had dreams of the idea Ampere had introduced to him.

This place reminded him of her too, he’d be lying if it wasn’t a reason to visit.

They always seemed to run into each other here and this day was no different, but the circumstances were. He didn’t see Ampere at first - he saw the group. Such a large group in the wilds was something that would catch anyone’s attention, no one really clumped together like that outside of the herd lands. Unless there was a new outcast group starting up? But no, there was something off about this group. Circling lower, noting that he was not the only eye in the sky, he was shocked to notice that this was no family group. These were warriors and they had prisoners. After everything that had happened, everything that he could have stopped, he was not about to sit by and let this happen. Two familiar faces were on the ground, landing in front of the group, and he would not let them face the group alone.

And of course, now he had a chance to use the magic that the Moon Goddess had given him, that temporary trick that allowed him to give orders to others that forced them to obey, and the magic was gone - leached from him at the reveal of her betrayal. But really, he didn’t want that gift now anyway, not when he knew about her and what she had done.

Mesec did not so much land as materialize in a whirlwind of shadow and darkness on the other side of Ampere - flanking her with Megaera. A showy entrance, yes, wouldn’t mother be proud but it served its purpose to demonstrate his powers to these vagabonds. “What purpose do you have for keeping these two prisoner?” Mesec asked, his voice sounding significantly braver than he actually felt. He knew this was wrong, knew that something did not feel right with all these warriors surrounding the pair with a dragon in the cage, but he was not the type to utter threats. If there was going to be a battle, he would know if there was a reason. He did not believe in the type of justice that made assumptions and attacked first before knowing. Though he had to admit this situation did seem rather black-and-white.

WOO

stock by resurgere & brushes by para-vine at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
[Iso is in raven form, just watching the whatchers.]

Curiouser and curiouser ...

The girl had taken to the skies in her raven form, as she often did. So many could pick her out immediately by her normal appearance. Clearly an outsider, cloaked in a body that no mortal child should have possessed, and marked with death and splatters of blood. Kahlua's mortality and paint colouring had marked her golden pelt with splatterings of maroon, while her Father's magic and influence had lightened her delicate face with the appearance of a skull.

She was life and death.

She was nameless.

She was the wild witch.

Even in her raven form the skull markings persisted against her black feathers, but the girl didn't mind. Today she flew on the ocean thermals, adoring the way the heat from the sun caused the salty breeze to carry enough moisture to keep her cool during her flight. Her blackened feathers glistened blue and green as light struck them, making her shimmer like a pool of spilled gasoline.

Below cries echoed. The girl circled lower, her body a patch of black against the sky. Clearly those who had formed a ring were the targets of those who were scattered haphazardly, but the targets of the circle were within it: a mare and foal. With interest, the demi-child allowed herself to fly lower, her bright golden eyes taking in the scenery with a distant intrigue. She was like a scientist or anthropologist who had the rare opportunity to witness a slaughter rather than having to read about it later. Instead of interfering (for what would she do? Everything was already fated.) the girl continued her lazy circles watching those below.

The girl found it odd that the random group would interfere in whatever The Circle (as she called them in her mind) were doing. Helovian's took captives all the time, and they seemed to have no problem with bloodshed or force. What was it about this assembly that drew those around to demand answers, as if they had any right to them? Why was it the business of those led by the Blue? As the Moon Goddess aptly pointed out, mortals died all the time, so it could not just be the mere chance of death here? Were The Circle breaking some law that the girl was unaware of?

With her questions left unanswered by her mind, the girl continued to circle over head.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

she's gonna be somebody's only light
gonna
shine tonight
yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby

------------------------------Aisling----

Another blissful day of fun on the beach was in full swing for the little white lass. Even in the baking summer sun, her white coat and the cool ocean waters around her feet kept her comfortable. The salty waters splashed up the lass’s sides as she moved, dancing through the shallows as the gentle waves crashed around her. She was a mare in years, but a filly’s heart still beat in her and four years had not drained her urge to frolic carelessly though the wilds of the world.

The wonders of Helovia kept piling themselves at her feet, and the sight of the next appeared ahead on the beach. The mare was towering by Aisling’s standards and the TREE upon her back only added to the spectacle. Mind already full of questions, the white mare abandoned the water to prance along the sand toward her. Why are you carrying a tree? Isn’t it heavy? How are you holding it? She couldn’t decide what to ask, but those questions fell away as she drew closer in the light that the tall arbor did indeed seem to be growing out of her! “Hello there!” she called as she neared, voice bright with interest and her natural good cheer. Her smile only widened when she caught sight of strange pale creature that seemed to be hovering among the branches. “I’ll beg your pardon, for I don’t mean to be rude, but is that tree connected to you?”

No sooner had she gotten out her question did the sounds of some angry altercation reach them from across the shore. Aisling drew up to a sudden stop several feet shy of the tree-mare’s shade and turned her attention toward the large group congregating there. From this distance it was hard for the girl to make out what exactly was happening and she dithered on the spot. The bright girl had always had the makings of a peackeeper (with the cheer and optimism and the willingness to help) but those skills had so rarely been put to the test. Up to this point, she had been sheltered from violence, always dancing around untouched by all but the most temporary of hurts. She often dreamed of battles, valiant rescues, and noble warriors but those imaginings were the stuff of legend, silly fairytale dreams where all ended happily ever after. A confrontation in the living world was something entirely different, and she was suddenly nervous. Unsure of what should be done, or even could be done by someone small as she, Aisling looked back to the mare beside her. “Should we do something to help?”
Texture by monxcheri @ DA
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Reyna Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17.2hh :: 6
Wyvern
R
E
Y
N
A

Though the young and flighty Rei had promised and proposed grandeur and beauty beyond what Reyna considered truthful and sincere, the desert had not charmed the vagabond who hailed from naturally snowy lands. Though its charm was one she had not indulged in throughout her thousands of years of life, the magic of the land was one of flight and fervor, and its taste resounded badly across and upon her tongue the longer she lingered there. Reginald had expressed to her the wonders of wandering souls, aimless travels and a thousand paths to set her hooves upon. It had forced her tongue to bid goodbye through kissing of lips and phrases too delicate and sensible for the eager maiden in her optimistic, simplistic ways. Reyna was not one to consider others to be her friend, especially when she was still not aware of the terribly short lifespan she had been stuck with the moment she'd crossed the borders into Helovia.

Her wanderings had introduced her to countless environments she'd never encountered, each which she relished and categorized in her new expansive memory bank. The miles were long but the nomadic lifestyle was familiar to her, and though she questioned the lack of spires and paved roads that had been so prominent in her villages and city centers, Reyna also appreciated the sudden return to baser nature that she was subjected to. The beach was perhaps her favorite place, especially when the sun took to a sudden vengeance in the sky for reasons that she was not privy to despite half of Helovia having attended the sacrifice that had been Hototo's life.

The breeze off the water was cool, and Reyna had never seen liquid water in such large abundance before either. Her memories were of snow and ice, black rock and lava pores, two extremes that she found as beautiful as she did the thousand variants she'd seen in her brief time in Helovia. Though she never met any others for long, their murmured pleasantries whenever she crossed paths with them stuck upon her mind for hours and days beyond their meetings. Reyna appreciated intellectual conversation, though she was not, perhaps, one for affection. Regardless, there were times when the scaled empress desired the company of others for sustained periods of time.

Others would call it fate, Reyna however would have named it a thousand particles and pathways aligning merely by chance to create the situation she soon found herself in. A malevolent group ringed by a scattered amount of individuals, uncomfortable in appearance but with fires burning in their hearts that Reyna could nearly physically see. The fact that she could no longer see the color of their auras had already been disorienting enough when she'd entered Helovia, but there were a million things she would have to grow accustomed to in time.

Their words were not secretive, and she indulged in their bravado just as equally as she did their desire for rightness. Moving closer she took her place in the line outside the strangers circling the pair within, lending her odd body and piercing orange gaze to the ranks. Only when her eyes fell upon the caged dragon did the fires of her soul stoke themselves, until her eyes were hot with wildfire and she stared them down like a mountain preparing to shake and crush them beneath her frame.

"You cage a creature meant for freedom and unfairly hold these two as prisoners. Cease, or you will feel our wrath," she let it rumble out from her chest, dignified and heartfelt, swearing vengeance on those who kept her kin locked away like some kind of beast. There was no doubt in the ancient mare's mind that the others who spoke with quiet tones would come to aid her, even if only one other blue had actually said something mildly threatening. "I suggest you leave with your hides intact and bodies functional. It would be a shame to have to do anything...worse, in front of the babe," she said pleasantly, but her voice was coated in the harshest frozen wastelands and made fervent with the caged, controlled heat of her inner fire.

Image Credit

User-based Random Event
The company of horses did not immediately pay the blue pegasus any mind when she landed in front of them, although her shouting certainly caused several heads, and many more ears to turn her way. The mare encircled by the warrior band definitely perked up, hope shining in the edges of her eyes.

The buckskin stallion forced out at a laugh at Ampere's words, shouting back, "We know!" in toothy response. The pale unicorn at the front shot the loud-mouth a stern look, but otherwise intended only to shuffle around the crazed pegasus mare. After all, what was one against ten? Even the arrival of her bird did little to unsettle the large group.

It didn't end there though. The paint stallion noticed the shadow of Bucephalus in nearly the same moment that Megaera arrived, throwing out her own womanly outrage. More snickers were elicited from the group, which had steadily slowed their march. Things heated up pretty quickly then, as Mesec just appeared, causing the final halt to the traveling warriors and prisoners. Some laid their ears back, while others bared their teeth, uneasy with the magic display of the male, much less the growing opposition of what, fucking vigilantes?

"What business is it of yours? came the cool reply of the pale unicorn in the front spot, the only one that remained unruffled. His confidence helped ease his band, or it did until Reyna joined the wall of horses, her tones the final threat to break the composure and pride of the wayward soldiers.

Within the circle the imprisoned mare took her chances with this distraction, her black body a flurry of movement as she lunged with bared teeth for the red roan beside her. He bellowed in response, his cloak shimmering into effect and vanishing him from sight. Heads turned in towards the black mare, the chestnut hybrid opposite her whipping out a vine from his horn in an attempt to lasso her feet, while the grey pegasus surged forward to block the prisoner's escape.

Other heads meanwhile remained on the group of strangers hindering their progress. The pale unicorn muttered something under his breath, causing a break in ranks.

The black and white pegasus launched into the air, teeth and hooves aimed for Bucephalus, while one of his amulets shattered with an eruption of a fire tornado, spinning towards the Morningstar.

The palomino hybrid lunged towards Ampere, her sword raised in her teeth, its point held below the turned blade already upon her head.

The buckskin grinned as he charged for Mesec, casting the dirt upwards in an attempt to root the magician's legs to the ground, locking him in place for the brutal beating the buff equine intended to deliver.

Invisible, the red roan tried to sneak up on Megaera and launch an attack on her from behind, per the orders of his lead, who remained with the prisoners and the guards trying to regain control of them.

The bay unicorn at the rear, smirked towards Reyena. Rather than go to her, the mare jostled the caged dragon so that it screeched in pain and outrage once more. "Come and get me!" she taunted.

Captive 1: Black equine mare, rebellious. Bonded to caged green dragon with fire breath.
Trying to escape, being lassoed by guard 6 and blocked by guard guard 7.

Captive 2: Grey unicorn colt, terrified. Son of the mare?
Standing still in terror, likely to bolt soon.

Guard 1: White unicorn stallion at the front, leader? Wearing armor.
Staying by captive 2, but watching the strangers fight.

Guard 2: Black and white paint pegasus stallion at the front left. Has 5 amulets.
Flew up to attack @[Bucephalus] with a fire tornado amulet magic. Had 4 amulets.

Guard 3: Palomino uni/eq hybrid mare at the front right. Has a sword.
Attacking Ampere with horn and sword.

Guard 4: Buckskin equine stallion at the middle left. Has magic.
Attacking @[Mesec] with earth magic, trying to root Mesec in place.

Guard 5: Red roan equine stallion at the middle right. Has a cloak which makes him invisible.
Attacking @[Megaera] from behind while invisible.

Guard 6: Chestnut uni/peg hybrid stallion at the back left. Has magic.
Lassoing captive 1 with vine magic.

Guard 7: Grey pegasus mare at the back right. Has a phoenix companion.
Blocking captive 1's escape.

Guard 8: Bay unicorn mare at the rear. Has the dragon cage on a metal pole connected to her armor.
Taunting @[Reyna] by torturing the captive dragon.

Please feel free to take control of your NPC attacker! I don't want this to go on forever and it's gonna get a bit hairy for a bit :D

Again posting order is a lie, and more are welcome to enter this thread even if you didn't post in the first 'round'.

- Blaise Pascal

The sensation of weight on her back was preceded briefly by a falcon flying over her. Ampere's skin still crawled beneath the strange talons that tickled her hide, causing her feathers to fluff. Being forced to feel the weight of the chains the juvenile wore almost made Ampere choke out a sob, but she held onto her anger instead, forcing herself to take comfort in the knowledge of what the falcon brought. If not justice, if not freedom, at least backup to achieve those things elsewhere.

Unwilling to betray Bucephalus, Ampere kept her gaze on the group, but her heart raced to know he was here, and willing. More motion did draw Ampere's gaze, where the blue landed upon the brown warrior of her herd. Pride flared inside Ampere, standing here among her brethren of the sand, willing to fight for what was right. As Megaera barked out her own defiance, a smile grew on Ampere's lips. A smile that broadened when Mesec materialized at her other side. He startled her somewhat, and in response her feathers again lifted, but quickly laid flat when she immediately recognized him.

Her heart soared.

Mesec asked a much more reasonable question, although for Ampere, imprisonment was never justifiable - but she was often alone in that thought. The group could seemingly provide no good answer though, only shouting out their own rebellion to the obvious wrong they had been caught doing. Ampere's teeth clenched once more, the smile lost on her dark face. Again her magic crept out towards the electric pulse that hummed down the metal pole that the bay mare bore. Vaguely, Ampere was aware of Reyna appearing (a stranger), and making similar demands for righteousness, but the moment was lost in the ensuing chaos.

The prisoner broke free, if for a moment, and the warriors split. A tide of them charged forward to meet the wall of horses that had gathered. Time was short, so hastily Ampere finished her magical tether to the metal pole, her swiftness lending her to less gentleness as she tried to fling the pole as far away from everyone as she could - maybe the force would actually be enough to break the metal and free the dragon? If not perhaps @[Reyna] could finish the deed.

Meanwhile, she had a much more up close battle to worry about as a palomino dove for her with a pair of swords. At her side, a buckskin came for Mesec, but she couldn't help him. Withdrawing her own daggers with the same magic that gripped the electricity in all things, Ampere flung them towards her opponent, trying to sink them into her golden chest, while Ampere's wings flapped to try and stir the sand in her face.

The golden mare was struck by at least one, solidly, and her vision blurred, but this was clearly not her first fight, and like a freight train she did not deter or seemingly slow. Ampere shied to her right, likely bumping into @[Megaera] in her haste to evade the blades, but the agile one gripped in the mare's teeth flashed silver as it cut, drawing read from Ampere's left shoulder. She screamed with pain, and in response whipped around to her left, teeth set to pursue the passing body of the golden warrior. She had similar thoughts, though her girth did not make her as agile, and her flesh bent beneath Ampere's jaws. The two turned to face each other, hooves striking in violent fashion.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!" Ampere bellowed, gritting through the pain, trying to drown out her agony with rage. "YOU CANNOT TAKE FREEDOM!"

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
[Iso is trying to help MESEC since he's the only one she knows.]

The girl was about to leave. She thought one of the group had a point. A mare had shouted, What business is it of yours? to the feathered blue one, and the girl had to agree. She understand the root of this confrontation, and no one had taken the time to explain it. The demi-child found this fairly strange. The two groups did not seem to know each other, and yet they were not offering justifications or discussions - they merely launched right into attacking one other. The whole thing seemed absolutely absurd to the girl. Had they not learned anything from what the Moon Goddess' actions were meant to convey? Apparently not, for it seemed their first reactions were towards violence, rather than understanding.

The girl was about to fly away until ...

Her golden gaze fell upon Mesec. She knew the dark stallion from when she had originally discovered her magic, and it gave her pause. They were family after all, did she have a responsibility to help him? An obligation to aid? The black raven circled now with more purpose, the beating of her wings no longer lazy. As her mind tried to understand, it was harshly cut off and forced to act. As the buckskin equine tried to root her kin where he stood, the girl flapped her black wings and dove lower. Cawing loudly (though likely unheard above all the noise), the girl used her own magic. She tried to break whatever spell was cast upon Mesec by using it in his favour. From the earth around him rumbled two large shapes resembling stags - only they were the size of fully grown horses. Their earthen antlers turned away from the black demi-god and angled towards his would-be attackers. In the air, the girl's golden gaze narrowed.

She didn't know if she was obligated to help, but she wouldn't let anyone hurt her family until she figured it out.

One stag stayed with Mesec, and could act as cover should he need it. The other charged at the buckskin - a wall of earth galloping his way. It intended to ram directly into him, like a mobile avalanche aimed directly for his shoulder and chest.

[Iso, still in raven form, creates two giant stags out of the earth (hopefully the same earth that was holding Mesec down, and so freeing him. One stag stays by Mesec, the other charges at the buckskin who was trying to hurt him.]

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Mesec and Reyna joined the opposition and thus the two forces stood opposed. Beneath her unfamiliar armor, Megaera tried to take a survey of each member of the criminal band, waiting for the order from Ampere. It was not the Blue, however that made the first move, but the black captive. She had seized the opportunity and the home of back-up to strike out at one of her captors and Meg’s eyes flew straight to the noise as the roan bellowed. For the smallest part of a second, Meg stared as the red stallion seemed to shimmer and the disappeared altogether. She might have marveled at that, but the entire scene descended into chaos.

At a muttered word from their lead, the villains launched their attack. Some of their number moved forward and one to the skies while the rest made to restrain the black mare further. Meg, forgetting the curious sight the disappearing roan, surged forward toward the chestnut hybrid, intent of freeing the mare. She’d made it only a single stride, however, before @[Ampere] collided with her hip. Having been mostly airborne, the force sent Meg reeling off course and nearly losing her balance. The leather armor was not the heaviest, but it added a considerable shift in her center of gravity that the warrior had not yet learned to instinctually compensate for. Her knees hit the sand and she yelled her frustration.

Megaera’s scream of rage became one of pain and two invisible hooves slammed onto her flanks. The cloaked stallion had moved around to strike from behind ad hi aim was true. A tangle of legs and wings on the ground, Megaera thrashed violently in the sand, desperately seeking contact with her invisible attacker. Luck was on her side and her back right hoof collided with his left front that had reached the sand and Meg heard the satisfying SNAP and anguished scream. The invisible stallion shied away, trying to shift weight off of his injured leg and that gave Meg the time to right herself.

Again on all fours, Meg whirled to find….nothing! Anger coursed through her at the idea of an invisible foe, and for a second there was nothing she could see to be done. The rushing in her ears and the din if the fight behind her masked the sounds he made, so they were no help. She tried to think, tried to strategize, despite the overwhelming urge the strike out blindly. Blind… Suddenly she remembered Gaucho’s temporary blindness during their last spar. The dun had been unable to see Meg as she attacked but had been able to use the trail she left to mark her location. Meg’s black eyes, snapped toward the sand and she let out a fierce and triumphant laugh at the sight of moving sand where the roan must now stand. She lunged, pulling back her head and wings and thrusting her shoulder forward. Her unseeing aim was still off, and where she had hoped for a solid blow to his side, she only grazed it. Her armor though, had its own helpful additions and the bony spines that jutted from her shoulder snagged on the stallions cloak and gave it a sharp tug.
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Fucking fire!

Quickly I tuck wings, then snap them out in a sharp flap, hurling my body away from the flames. I feel the heat burn past, the frogs of my feet prickling almost painfully. Before I knew it the paint was upon me, and I tightened my body as he hit, teeth scoring, sinking down and clamping onto my neck with a vice-like grip.

With a furious bellow I kicked out with both forelegs and hind, his own pummeling at my chest. Neither of us bothered to use our wings; it would do no good, not with the weight of our locked bodies. So we fell, kicking and lashing at each other with our hooves. Heat dripped down one of my legs, across my chest, and it was with satisfaction that I saw red beginning to fly from my strikes as well.

A shrill shriek from Azeeza tearing through my mind jerked my attention from the painted brute to our plummet, and my hind legs kicked out again, but for purchase this time. The paint seems to be aware of our fall and pushes away from me, tearing a nice chunk of hair and skin from my nape. Fucking bastard! I whirl, not intending to give him rest before my hooves are snapping across his back, driving him further and further towards the ground. He tries to slide out from under me, and I correct my own flight the second I see his feathers twitching, determined to keep the barrage going, to force him to the earth.

Finally he slips away, back criss-crossed with cuts from my feet, and I bare my teeth, giving chase. He's faster, which is mildly surprising, and quickly we climb again, and before I know it he triggers another amulet...and vanishes. Startled I balk, wings snapping out to stop my ascension, my head whipping around. The bastard was gone, vanished. My senses strained to listen, but the wind snatched away sound before it could be carried to my ears.

It was a battle-shriek that drew my attention downwards, where Azeeza shot from her perch in the tree, climbing quickly towards me. Those long talons unfurled, and with the grace of a predator she flipped her rear forward, legs stretched out at seemingly nothing. However whatever she struck, she struck true for red went flying, a hoarse scream reaching me. She clung to the invisible pegasus, and terror made me twist in the air and rocket down towards her and our prey as he tossed her around. The sight downright PISSED me off, and Azeeza and I scream our rage, her letting go as I felt my outstretched hooves hit home.

Something snapped, whether it was in my own body or my opponents I did not know.

And I did not care.

Red clouded my vision, and I struck out again and again at the invisible mass until, without warning, he reappeared. His wings labored, hind legs hanging unnaturally. But I do not see this. All I can see is him tossing Azeeza around. He could have hurt her. I intended to make sure he NEVER touched her. The dark fury boiled within my chest, and I rolled away as he triggered another amulet, the spot I had been in exploding in fire. The edge of my wing caught it, and the searing pain did little but to piss me off further.

Azeeza dove again, her long claws curling around the stallion's wing joint. Talons dug in, seeking the flesh that would sever his flight even as my bulk crashed into the other wing. All three of us spiral, until at a word unspoken Azeeza and I release him, darting away from the ever-growing ground.

It was with satisfaction that I watched him crash to the ground, breaking, cracking, and quickly I turn to Azeeza, making sure she was alright. Aside from dizziness she seems alright, and she settled between my shoulder blades as I circle above. I could celebrate my victory later, my gaze flickering over the battle scene below. We dropped down to the ground, Azeeza choosing our target for us.

With another shrill shriek she took wing, gaining height before diving down, talons extended. Her mark is true once again, and her sudden hit on the vine makes it snap to free the black mare even as I land, armor snapping over my body as I charge. He whirls to greet me, and our chests slammed into each other even as we reared, the wind knocked out of me but my legs pummel at him as is own does at me, my armor blunting the worst of it.

"Altan's speech."

Image Credit

Pixel by Aud

Another came and joined them as they stood, barring the way of the group, shouting at the mare who held the dragon in a cage. Faintly he was aware of spectators off in the distance, not joining in - whether it was yet or at all he could not say just yet. Perhaps they were waiting to see what happened or if they were needed. There wasn’t even the sense of hope that this could be solved peacefully - such a large group, and their reaction to opposition - made Mesec sure that this would not be an easy task. They were going to fight for their captives, whatever reason they had for keeping them, but they were not the only ones that were going to fight.

It happened quickly, the final strike that caused the crumble coming when the captive tried to make a break for it - Mesec’s silver eyes darted to her and he started to make towards her when a buckskin stallion moved to bar him. A grin on that face and before Mesec could teleport around him, the dirt around his hooves crawled up his legs and rooted him. Struggling only seemed to make the effect tighten and he could not break the particles apart through force - the magic was too strong and he was distracted because there was a charging, angry stallion coming his way and his friends were also under attack.

Mesec unfurled his wings to beat them against the air to buffet his attacker and slow him down while he tried to figure out how to get out of the hold. They were both startled a moment later, however, when the earth beneath his dark hooves began to shift. At first, he thought it was another trick of this buckskin equine but when the earth began to crumble away from his legs and into the form of two stags, he knew. His cousin was here, somewhere, and it was his turn to grin.

There was so much going on - he found it hard to stay focused. Ampere screamed and it tore through him, twisting into his gut and he looked for her. She was shouting with passion, wounded but not out. Others shouted in pain and anger in the crowd as well, and he wanted to help them all - one of his cousin’s stags moved in a fearsome way toward the buckskin stallion. Having one at close proximity, Mesec was glad to not be on the receiving end of such a blow.

Keeping an eye on the buckskin, the other found the grey pegasus mare that was blocking the captives from fleeing. Mesec teleported near her, but instead of re-appearing at her side he was invisible as he angled himself away from her. Quickly, those unseen rear legs buck out at her - for her wings, for her shoulder, for anything he can hit that would distract her. In another flash of shadows he is at her other side, visible this time. Free, his legs feeling bruised from the tight contact of the earth but the pain was minimal - the wear of the rapid succession of teleports starting in his mind but there was no time to rest. The vine around the captive mare’s neck is snapped by Bucephalus and Mesec moves to intercept any motion from the grey pegasus to stop them from freedom. If the earth stag was with him still, it was only another body between this guard and her captives. “Run!” He shouted at them, the chaos around them might just providing them enough opportunity, though perhaps they did not need any encouragement.

Mesec is freed by Isopia's magic and teleports around the buckskin, toward Guard 7 who he bucks at while invisible in order to distract her in time for the mare (and maybe the foal) to get away

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

she's gonna be somebody's only light
gonna
shine tonight
yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby

------------------------------Aisling----

Her day of gallivanting on the beach was rapidly dissolving, and little Aisling was not equipped to deal with such drastic situation. Distracted from the arbor-clad mare and her non-aquatic, aquatic companion the little white mare stood for several moments and watched the convergence or forces before her spark and ignite. It was a fully-fledged fight almost as soon as Aisling had spoken and for what seemed like an eternity, she was frozen in the sand, watching the violent scene.

She had to do something! Despite her size and inexperience, the mare always had a drive to help others, but who was she supposed to help now? She knew now one on either side of this conflict, nor had she been able to glean what this fight was about. It had sprouted up before her like a weed with two sets of roots, and she dare not pull at either. Pegasus, unicorn, and equine clashed in a mess of shouts and screams. Aisling knew that any of the knights in her stories would know exactly what to do but as minutes ticked by, she remained a spectator.

There! In the center of the brawl stood a small grey child. He was just as frozen and Aisling was, but it was sheer terror that seemed to hold him rather than indecision. Terror for the boy shot through the mare like a jolt of electricity and before she knew she’d mad a decisions, her sturdy little legs were racing towards the hoard of fighting giants. Her run seemed to take forever, but she kept her gaze fixed on the grey child. Around him, hooves struck and teeth flashed but none found him as a mark. So small it seemed to the faerie mare that no one realized he was even there.

Always sure-footed, Aisling weaved in and out of the fray; past a blue and black pegasus the clashed with a golden unicorn and around the two black winged stallions that worked to free a captive mare. She cam intodard the foal from his side, and slipped around behind him to place herself between the child and the armored grey unicorn that watched the others fight. Leaning low, she spoke on the child’s ear, no louder than a whisper compared to the cacophony around them “Come with me child, it will be alright!” As urgent as Aisling meant to be, her voice still held a sweet and soothing note. With a glance ahead of them she sought a path out of the fray and gave the colt a gentle push, attempting to urge him away towards a gap in the fighting.

[@[Fig], @[Ampere], @[Mesec], & @[Bucepalus] mentioned.]
Texture by monxcheri @ DA
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

The screams and cries of battle drew her in, from the end on the beach she approached, eyes wide and heart pounding. There seemed to be a confrontation of some sorts, one side seemed to be heavily armed while the other was just a group of randomly gathered beings. The armoured group was made up of at least ten beings while the randomly assorted group had about eight. For a moment both groups faced off, then all hell broke loose. Arah paused for only a moments watching in shock as the fight erupted- the violence seemed to be quite random. Pushing off from the earth, the doe began bolting down the beach, rushing to confront and help out those she could. At the blue tinted mare's cries Arah knew which side she would be fighting for today, the side fighting for the freedom of the captives.

Wynter screamed above her and Arah glanced up to see a phoenix flying over to meet her snowy companion in battle. Furiously the doe seeks out the mare that the phoenix was bonded to, before she had seen them together, now it was time for them to pay. The two flying creatures met in battle in a clash of fire and snow, their screams pierced the doe's ears. "Call your phoenix off...NOW!" Arah screamed at the grey pegasus mare, fury burning in her golden eyes. "And let the prisoners go!" Tucking her head into her chest Arah charged directly towards the grey mare's chest. The pegasus must have guessed that the fae princess was coming for her though and took flight before her antlers actually hit their mark. Crying out in a burning rage Arah throws her head back to watch the flight of the pegasus mare, snarling through her gritted teeth. Her target hovers for a moment a few feet above her before suddenly beginning to drop like a stone- right on top of her. Scrambling the doe rushes to move out of her attackers way, gravity had assisted the pegasus though. Two front hooves pounded into Arah's shoulder causing a blinding pain down the left hand side of her body.

Screaming Arah, once again aims her antlers towards the grey mare- only this time she aims for the entire left hand side of the mare at large. This time she successfully lands a hit, puncturing the back left hunches. The other mare moves and Arah risks a look up to the heavens, checking on Wynter. Darkness surrounding the griffin's talons she swoops aiming to sink them into the flesh of the phenix. Forced to look away and stare back at the mare, waiting to see what attack the mare would attempt next. For a split second the fae princess turns to glance at the ones who she was attempting help save. The colt and his (assumed) mother. One word. "RUN!" Heart pounding, turning back to the pegasus, Arah sniffs once and allows a taunting smile to cross her chops. 'Come on then.'

I hope this was okay...I wasn't 100% sure how to jump in without messing up anyone else's post. If anything needs to be changed, let me know!

Love is why we fall down
And get back up again

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

User-based Random Event
The resilience of this rag tag band surprised the white leader. It surprised all of them, as the fighters, sent to intimidate and run off the intruders, were instead fought with tooth and nail. Their surprise made them weak, and so they bled.

Amid the fray the captives were not forgotten, as was hoped, but neither were they saved. Aided by the actions of all involved, but particularly those who divided their attention on their own attackers, and those of the prisoners, the black mare managed to run off. Her dragon tumbled from its cage, it's wing damaged from all of it, and its wrath an endless spew of flame that knew no aim. The black mare ran to her bonded, frightened, but confident with the show of support.

Meanwhile, the colt, jumpy as Aisling drew upon him, made to run.

The white lead made to move, but the colt was faster. His armor shone as his body rippled beneath it, reflecting Aisling as she stood between him and the colt he held captive. His teeth and his hooves sought to tear her down and out of his way, but too late. It all crumbled away from him. They could catch them again, he was sure. At least, if they were left alone.

"ENOUGH!' came the loud roar that rattled from the battle-clad chest. "Why have you interfered on a matter you know nothing about?" he asked low and dangerous. Despite that, his voice maintained a calm current, frustration bearing his bite more than anger. "What business are my prisoners of yours? What deeds do you know they have wrought?"

Amid this mayhem his rationality was solid, and he saw this fight a loss. It would be better to withdraw now and regroup to take what really interested him, the bodies of those freed horses - pride was something he could throw away. So he did.

"To me, blades! This fight is pointless," he snarled, turning away with his limping troupe and finishing his walk down the beach. Several of his minions turned their heads back, sneering.

Hardly able to believe it was real, the black mare watched the titans storm off, battered, but not broken. "They will come again," she whispered, but her thoughts were broken by the claws of her dragon as it settled grumpily on her withers. Not long after the colt shot up to her side, ducking beneath her in quiet panic. Relaxing faintly, she turned her attention to the gathered fray, forcing a smile. "Thank you, for your help. You saved us... those horses, they trade my kind into services for other herds." Of course she did not share why they did it, or why they targeted 'her kind' specifically, but the deed was atrocious regardless.

Bowing her head in thanks, she made to usher the foal back with her, fleeing towards their wild home.

NPC is done posting!

Again posting order is a lie, and more are welcome to enter this thread even if you didn't post in the first 'round'. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

- Blaise Pascal

Their bodies turned and crash once more, twice more, until bruises became blood, and sweat became froth. Then, a cry lent them both to pause, gazes tripping over the field towards the pallid king that stood without a throne. Ampere's lips pulled into a sneer at his words, and recklessly she cast her own to him, emboldened by the support of her fellows and the successes they had achieved in such a short while.

"Their IMPRISONMENT is our business," she spat out the word, as if it burned her tongue to speak it, to know it. "If you've got conflicts, settle them as we are. Blood for blood, and eye for an eye, but not a life for blood, for an eye, for pride." Her blue gaze held his steely one firm, its depths alight with a spark that was fervent in design. The asymmetrical splash of lightning on her face marred her as wild, and the wind which whipped her mane into a frenzy embraced her as free. In everything Ampere did, in all that she was, in any little bit that she even seemed, she was unbound. The world seemed to recognize it, and painted her in its likeness, bold and reckless, rough and strong.

Whether it was her words, or their actions, or all of it, the group retreated. One ear and one eye had been trained on her swordsman opponent all the while she spoke, but even so she turned towards the marauder as he slunk away. She watched them leave for a long while, uncertain that victory could be so easy. Only the small voice of their accomplishment tugged her back and unwound her muscles. Ampere turned, the skewed fray of her features holding the mare, the dragon, and the colt with a knowing smile. She knew what it was to fight against chains, and break them.

Striding forward, nose extended in greeting towards the stranger, Ampere murmured, "We are glad for your safety, and your release. May your hooves carry you strong." The mare didn't ask why, but in the wake of her departure Ampere turned to face all those that had come, feeling the need to explain it to them. They shouldn't need it, but as she searched them all out for their well being, particularly those of her herd, she recognized the questions that rested in their expressions. It brought a lopsided smile to her lips, for they hadn't yet found what their hearts already held true. Perhaps she could enlighten them as to just what had happened, for it was worth knowing.

"We have accomplished something today, and we did it together. We righted a wrong. We cast light upon an ever darkening world. We stood up and prevailed against injustice!" Her body grew taller with each sentence, wings extending from her back as passion carried her adrift into her voice. Her volume rose, and her tone thickened, a certain urgency that comes with fire filling her as she sought to reveal to them what already had branded her bones.

"The gods asked us not too long ago, to find and bring a murderer to light. They asked us to do what they could not... and we failed. We were divided, we were uncertain, we were frightened. We have been drowned too often in the dark waters of mayhem, struggling to breath, but fighting the current alone. We have sunken, because we lament our mortality and our weaknesses." Her electric gaze swept them all in blue, hard and unyielding. "That ended just now." She grinned, while sparks began to stir into life at her hooves, her magic consuming the organic matter as her emotions sung out. "We are all weak in some way, but we are strong too. We are all mortals individually, but together we are more than GODS!"

"LOOK AT WHAT WE DID!" she bellowed, her wing sweeping across the vacant battlefield. "Before us, that mare, that dragon, that colt... they were marching into a twisted fate designed by a hoard of horses that felt they had the authority to dictate such. Before us they suffered brutality and choked on fear." Her features tightened, and her weight shifted. The sparks danced, like a blue wave at her heels. The wind tossed against her, mane flying like snakes across her nape. "Maybe they committed their own crimes," she began, "but so have we all. We are but horses, and both mortal and god alike are flawed, drenched both in shadow, and shine, evil, and good. We struggle each day to balance ourselves, and many lose that fight."

She glanced towards the ocean, taking strength in the ceaseless movement of the sea, in the symbol it stood as for her. She had grown quiet as her speech turned thoughtful and introspective, but as her gaze returned it came with new vigor, bright and electric. "Too many dastardly deeds taint this realm. Enacted by those of us who have fallen into unbalance, they are left unchecked, and so the wickedness infects the land ever more. We have all suffered, I'm sure, and rarely is that pain met with the justice deserved. We have stood too long and let murders run rampant. We have drifted too long. Together though, here, now, we can change everything. WE can make a difference. WE CAN WHATCH THE WORLD!"

Justice was such a difficult thing to describe though, because it was not singular. Depending on what eyes were watching, justice could take on different shapes. Yet, Ampere felt there were some solid truths that existed in the world. "You might be wondering... what all of this means." She laughed lightly. "I admit, I'm as fresh as a newborn myself here. Yet, I feel that there are certain things we all deserve. Health, happiness, freedom, these are the basic rights of all living things. They're the only damn things were given in life, and they should NEVER be taken from anyone. Giving them back, providing balance, that is justice. That is what the world needs."

"The herds... serve us, and we them. Yet the herds are not just. They serve themselves, not the realm. They are bound by alliances, by laws, by government that does not seek balance. For this reason we need what we had today. Vigilantes working as one to conquer and serve... for that reason it is probably best our identities are kept to ourselves." She cracked another skewed smile, and her eyes and her sparks danced with laughter. "You can call me, Thunderhead though."

She grew quiet, the storm of her words a dying breeze on the sea strand. She turned her head to look at them all in turn, proud of each of their endeavors today, but hoping that there was more. "Who's with me?"

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

There were so many faces that Mesec did not know, he was afraid that someone that had come to help might end up being the target of some friendly fire by accident. There was chaos for a couple moments as they all joined in together to try and liberate the captives, and aside from those friends of his that stood out (Ampere was one of a kind, after all, with her brilliant colours) he just didn’t know many of the faces. But, he supposed, there was a pretty small chance that anyone on the captor’s sid would be fighting to save the mare and her foal.

To his surprise, some disgruntled shouts from the band’s leader signalled a nearing end to the conflict. He asked them what business it was of theirs and before anyone else could answer, the passionate voice of Ampere rang out - answering him. Mesec risked turning from his own opponent to find her, to watch her as she spoke because it was something he knew he would not want to miss. And, thankfully, everyone else paused to listen to the exchange of words and finally their opponents began their retreat.

Mesec felt himself relax as they left but remained wary until they were far enough away - his legs still felt the pressure of the earth when he had been rooted in place. His eyes searched for his cousin, remembering her help, but he could not spot her yet.

His silver-lined head dipped in a farewell to the mare and her son, hoping that they would find easier travels ahead of them now, and then his attention turned back to Ampere - his body moving to gather around her. She came alive before them - Ampere had never been someone he thought lacked in passion but her speech as it rolled out across the beach, crashing into all of them, made him feel that passion too. He felt shaky after the fight but more confident now, more alive, and saw the truth in what she was saying. Could they do this? Could they all band together and WHATCH? Did this one victory from a motley group prove strength in the idea that Ampere had been nursing? He believed it because she made him believe it - the sparks starting something within him.

Mesec could have listened to her energetic talk all day. He felt proud of her but there was something else, something that had been present for some time now growing strength on its own. If only he knew the word for it, the word that started to grow wings as he listened to her laughter and saw the Thunderhead be born. “I’m with you. Always.” Mesec smiled brightly as he said it - he wouldn’t have turned down her offer for anything. “I’ll be Cloak. Darkness can be useful, after all.”

inspiration for Mesec's codename from cloak and dagger