the Rift

A long time gone

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Try as I might, I was not a perfect man by any means. I missed conversational cues and I often failed to conceal my fascination when it reared its ugly head. Perhaps that was how I’d managed to become completely consumed with Ophelia’s presence in the Threshold, given the Basin’s preference to those with an obvious horn. How many times had I encountered such a thing? The idea that the Aurora Basin Lady spent any amount of time frolicking through the claiming grounds just because of the conversation was improbable. Whatever our newest allies had hidden up their sleeve, I wanted it shared… upon equal ground. However, it wasn’t my place to speak out turn without a little more discretion. Besides, Ophelia had never given me reason to believe she meant any harm… so far.

Inside my own head, I pondered just about every possibility a male of my caliber could feasibly imagine about the motive of females. However, I was left feeling speechless and maybe a bit surprised by the way the pale Northern Lady was able to man-handle an introduction. It was positively delightful… or insightful. She certainly had a way of easing her way into just about any situation. Perhaps she would agree to provide lessons on the matter; maybe it would give me the opportunity to tweak my own personal techniques. That was until I realized that I’d completely ignored any and all techniques in favor of gawking at Ophelia and her passive aggressive methods. It was inspiring to say the least.

What a womanly way to do things.

Of course, I deserved a gold medal for the inability to concentrate on one subject at a time. Phi certainly earned my admiration in that respect.

It is good to see you well Ophelia, thriving in fact,” I smiled demurely. The Edge had called for peace with the North, but my heart still questioned whatever loyalty stemmed between us. As I leaned back onto my haunches, I fixed Najya with a knowing gaze. Did she belong in the Basin, as full of racism as it was? Surely not every resident was compelled to loathe those without the sacred horn, but what of those who did? What did that mean for equines Ophelia planned on recruiting- if that’s what her intentions truly entailed? I couldn’t be sure and I certainly wouldn’t make any assumptions, but I did have regain my footing if I wanted to show Najya the kind of peaceful home she would find in the World’s Edge. “Ophelia forgets only one herd land, an exotic oasis if you will, called the Hidden Falls. You’re certainly more than welcome to do what you like, but each herd is composed of a certain Zen. I like to call it diversity, but in some regards… personality is diversity’s only representative,” I noted on mildly contemplative sigh. “The World’s Edge is located by the sea and cloaked in mist. We are led by Kaj the Stormbringer and Kahlua the Sunshower and we are a home based on peace and equality. I’d be more than happy to show you around should you decide a tour would be most beneficial,” I offered easily.

It was simple for me to talk about my home, because it was a place of comfort… but unlike Ophelia, I had difficulty highlighting the wonders just beyond my own misty borders. After all, how was I supposed to know what the Throat was like? I’d never even seen the beginnings of sand along their threshold. "I don’t know much of those lands outside my own, but I would be more than happy to accompany you to wherever your heart desires. It wouldn’t be polite to leave a lady unattended…” I concluded softly. My heart was taken by Evangeline -that much was certain- but I still quite the gentleman as far as humility went. It would have been wrong of me to abandon Najya to do her own bidding anyways… This was still a foreign place to her after all.
THOR
image credits

@[Najya] @[Ophelia]
ooc: I'm so, so sorry that it took me so long. I hope that I was able to write around Phi appropriately. If there are any problems, please let me know! x.x

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
A long time gone - by Najya - 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-01-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-08-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-15-2015, 12:24 AM