the Rift

A long time gone

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
For a moment the silence is deafening. Is it the softest of sounds, like a feather against the skin, which delights and excites the senses. There is something fulfilling about this moment that slows my heart and calms my mind… My breath is bated and perhaps a bit heavy with anticipation because this is the moment of truth, of decision. Though monotonous and a bit repetitive, the Threshold has forever been a guilty pleasure for all who experience its grandeur. Those who come seeking introduction strive for exhilaration in the welcoming and those who come looking to rip the rug of greeting from beneath oblivious hooves are certain to face the obligatory moment. This singular moment of time provides not only the inevitable rise and fall of one’s chest, but also the unavoidable idea of success or defeat. It is thrilling and undeniably heart wrenching, an addiction of sorts.

However, each story woven through the fabric of life came to inspire and enchant me. As Najya was not the first woman to woo my opinions with ideas of desert Queens and ancient tales, I was still content to revel in the images that came to mind when she spoke. Her voice seemed to jilt over the words in a way that suggested her foreign upbringing, but the silk she spun was beautiful nonetheless. I liked to imagine the many eclectic fantasies that bloomed from the heat of the sun and the warmth of the sand underfoot in her native lands. Yet, I questioned the mare’s ability to adapt to the montane forests of the World’s Edge. Would she truly be able to find comfort in the incessant rushing of the ocean’s waves?

I believe that you’ll find Helovia most accommodating. It’s not often that we are graced with those able to garner the ability to tell a wholesome tale,” I smiled. I spoke nothing but the truth as I’d come to know it, because I lacked the good sense to fabricate any sort of falsehood. Perhaps it was something I’d learned through the years or maybe it was my mere inability to speak out of turn, but I was certain that a woman with skill would be more than suited for any capacity of life in Helovia… Of course, I sought to see her cloaked in the mists of my great Lady, the Edge.

As the seconds ticked by and conversation burned through the warm rays of the summer sun, I began to succumb to the spell that was so often associated with the claiming grounds. Impatience began to take its toll and toiling through the heat that stagnated in an out of the trees made me placid and distracted. Somehow I was able to retain Najya’s accounts of her mother and their tendencies for healing, but it soon became a story I’d come to know too well. However, I wasn’t well acquainted with Priestesses or their prominent role in society, if in fact they served as such. That was something I’d have to inquire about on our way to the Edge… if she agreed to as much. But, the question still remained… did that mean that Najya was as religious as her Priestess mother? Or was the term more secular than I’d imagined?

With a tilt of the ear and the slight of a smile I was suddenly more compelled by the sparsely decorated desert Lady. At last my words appeared to stick in a more permanent fashion… considering not everyone was meant for peace and a life spent securing alliances and lasting friendships. I hoped that I’d somehow come to sway Najya’s likenesses toward the Edge and away from the questionable Basin. But, I still had difficulty soothing the anxiety that stemmed from Ophelia’s presence in the Threshold… I silently promised to pay the Basin’s Lady a visit at some point in time, when the time was in fact right, but until then my suspicions would have to wait.

After all, the way ‘the Edge of the World’ sounded coming from Najya’s lips made thinking about the North a serious afterthought.. Now this was becoming something I was more adept to deal with. For a moment my eyes stray to that of the pale Lady until I am finally forced to face Najya and the singular moment I had been waiting for since encountering her. “I know that your stories will find only eager ears for their telling. Please… when you’re ready, I’d like to introduce you to your new family,” I breathed lightly. The World’s Edge would no doubt require transition considering Najya had come from the Desert, but I still fully believed that she would find nothing but happiness within our midst.
THOR
image credits

Najya- Tag removed for edit.
ooc: Hopefully this will make up for the waiting and the horrid posts I've been making lately. x.x I will try to get something up for you soon in the World's Edge, but if you want to to start a thread I will make it my top priority and reply ASAP. Spring break is next week so I will be able to post freely very soon!

EDIT: I'll get your rank changed to outcast and once we get her situated into the Edge, she can claim a starting rank. <3

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
A long time gone - by Najya - 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-01-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-08-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-15-2015, 12:24 AM