the Rift

[OPEN] To fuel the song that's underneath

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

the girl

Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.

The girl didn't even flinch as Kaj landed. It was actually something that she had been working on - her body as of late had been betraying her. Sounds in the night would cause her heart to race, and voices that seemingly came out of nowhere forced her flesh to jump from her bones. The girl hated the way her body seemingly made decisions without consulting her first, especially when her rational mind knew that there was nothing to fear from noises in the dark, or a stranger increasing their proximity to her. And so when her body stayed still, the girl silently praised herself.

Her head turned slowly towards him. As she did so, a light breeze caught and tugged at her mane, playfully cascading it on the breeze. The girl's golden gaze never faltered - it was almost as if she wanted to be thought of something whimsical and not entirely concrete, as already thought of her as. The word he spoke was foreign, although it sounded different from the dialect that Volterra had used. His language had been Hungarian she had found out. What was it that Kaj was speaking? Instead of feeling anxious or jealous as she had the day with the dark colt in the woods, now she merely felt small, but full of potential. There was so much in the world which had not revealed itself to her. So many hidden truths to discover.

"I know who you are." She offered, before turning her gaze back to the ocean. She watched and rise and fall of waves so far off that they looked like mere smudges against the horizon. She envied them, and their freedom. "Kahlua said that you were going to help raise me." Her voice was clinical, sterile, soft. "She said you two got into a fight. She apologized to Brisa and Aly about it-" Frowning, the girl pulled her gaze from the sea, to regard Kaj. Her stare narrowed slightly as she tried to understand, but found that she could not. At the time she hadn't understood why Kahlua needed help raising her. Now, she understood even less. The girl had worked hard to become as un-reliant upon Kahlua as possible. She had weaned herself remarkably early (probably due to her rapid aging), and had never asked for anything more. What was it Kaj was supposed to do? And even more curiously, why should a fight between the pair prevent him from doing it?

Did anger discharge one from all held obligations? That would certainly be very odd. Especially given how easily angered everyone around her seemed to be.

"-I don't understand why." She concluded, her searching gaze giving up and returning to the ocean.

The girl inhaled deeply, smelling the salt and picturing the invisible life harbored within the mysterious depths of the ocean. She lowered her nose to inspect her legs and chest which had become almost completely indistinguishable from the water. It made her smile, to watch her simply disappear into something so much larger. She had fought to distance her mind from her body - to remind herself that what she was, it was not synonymous with the body she inhabited. Disappearing into the ocean helped her see that. "It does not bring me peace so much as it helps me to understand. I can better see how I fit into the world, when I see myself as being part of it." She voice, answering one of Kaj's earlier questions.

"Sure." She concluded, her voice much more meek when it came to offering him permission to remain. The idea seemed entirely odd and foreign. The girl understood that Kaj was likely just being polite, but his question struck her as so bizarre. She didn't own this land, and he could easily over power her. Why was it up to her whether or not he stayed? Still, many had acted annoyed when she voiced thoughts such as these. You're just supposed to say yes. She reminded herself silently.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
To fuel the song that's underneath - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Isopia - 03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 03-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM