the Rift

[OPEN] On the Dust of Heaven we Set Sail [Patrol]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragonmare flew.

The concept of patrols was foreign to her, but she understood their necessity. Just as her new rank was foreign to her, she would still embrace the custom of this realm, her home, and hopefully, eventually, gradually make it less foreign, and more familiar. The Sun's kiss upon her scales felt right, her cousin's presence by her side felt right, it was simply a matter of time before it all became ordinary and expected. For now, it was still a thrill, a pleasant surprise to awake each morning and find herself belonging.

Now all she had to do was learn how she could contribute to her family.

The spar with Ampere had left her with some bruises and food for thought. The Gladiator had encouraged her, congratulated her even on apparently natural ability on the battlefield - all Amaris felt now was a resigned sense of guilt and some aching limbs. Though she was a huntress when it came time to feed the carnivorous side of her genome, she did not like what she viewed as unnecessary bloodshed.. And yet she knew the importance of being able to hold one's own against a foe who thought otherwise. A sigh left her lips.

Today was to be the day they patrolled the Fields, a land she had not visited frequently and so vaguely looked forward to venturing towards. With her rank and presence in the herd, she really ought to know more about those within it - it was as good a time as any to mend her broken knowledge, and hopefully make a new friend or two out of it. Maren and Isara, she reminded herself, hearing Tandavi's voice give her the names of those she was to venture out with. But with nothing more than a name upon her mind, she had little else to go on as her golden frame finally looped over the lush expanse of loam and grass.

A figure below came into view, and with ease she directed her lean body towards it, landing gently amongst the grasses that were so tall, they caresses the underside of her soft, pelted belly. Breathing deeply, for she had just flown quite a distance, the dragon-girl peered through golden lenses at the creature that had caught her attention, and allowed a soft smile to curve her lips. Bowing her tiara as she made to approach the figure, she wuffled a low greeting, feeling somewhere within herself that this was one of the figures she was hoping to find today.

"Hello," her sweet, low melodies reached out from velvet lips, as her scaled, leathery wings settled by her sides. A pegasus she was not, but dragon's blood flowed strongly through her equine body, lending her the ability normally reserved for those of pegasus blood. "I am Amaris, of the Throat. Who might you be?"

ooc :: wahhh sorry it's so late, things will be quicker no I promise!
lol it's my first patrol thread too, we just basically thread together exploring the land :)
I'm thinking posting order is a lie as we're obviously all busy, so let's just psot to each other whenever xD
@[Maren] @[Isara]
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the Dust of Heaven we Set Sail [Patrol] - by Amaris - 03-24-2015, 01:29 AM