the Rift

[OPEN] Ashes to ashes

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

And you were doing this jive-ass lil’ dance on my nose as you looked up into the sky, you lil tail wiggling to and fro and your head bobbing to a nonexistent rhythm, and I didn’t even have to see what was going on inside to know how excited you were for the thunderheads. But I did see what was going on inside; the bubbles, all the bubbles of sunshiny happiness, like frothing champagne, spilling over into me and making me grin like a dumbass because even though I didn’t really care that much for storms, you clearly did, and that’s all that mattered to me, right?

“Okay, shit,” I murmured with a little giggle as you did your shimmy on my face, “I get it, you’re excited, jeez.”

We were going back to your favorite place, which didn’t really help with controlling the bubbles; the scene was set just right for you, and even though the temperature was falling (you didn’t like that much, I found out) it didn’t matter too bad to you as long as we kept moving and you saw things that made your heart soar and my heart to ache in its soaring shadow. And—somehow—you saw something before I did, something that made you almost jump with excitement, your thoughts cascading into mine with such a quickness that I couldn’t understand most of it.

What?

….

Chico, slow down--

….

Fight? What? What’re you talk--

But then I saw a shadow stir and suddenly rise from within the stone thing that we were walking towards, and I suddenly understood what you wanted, what you wanted from me and this stranger that we had sorta stumbled on.

Cheek,” I said exasperatedly—and with a grin, too, because I understood your little guilty desire, your craving to see me fight someone again. You had enjoyed it so much the first time, and hey, could I blame you? The lil’ guy shit my shadow. You can’t just go up to random people and fight them, I explained in my head to you, getting better at these thought-talk things. It was weird and easy all at the same time, sharing my thoughts with you. If anything, it made us closer. The last bro I fought asked for it, and everyone before that usually ticks me off in some way—but you can’t just, I dunno, shove someone in the river or whatever and not be a dick about it.

I paused.

No, I ain’t gonna be a dick, Chico. And you sagged a little bit on my face.

So I wasn’t gonna be a dick. Which left me kind of clueless as to what I was gonna do with myself. You were still all set to look at the guy, though, so I wandered closer to the dusty grey stud while you stretched yourself off of my face weirdly, reaching out, as though anyone and everyone was like Mesec and they wanted to touch your smelly little ass—

--while I—um—sorta…stood there. Awkwardly. Because Chico was the one who wanted to be here and if I wasn’t fighting a strange bastard then—well. I was sorta at a loss of what to do.

…..say hi maybe?

(HA no chance bruh)

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Ashes to ashes - by Cathun - 04-03-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Roskuld - 04-06-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Syrena - 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Cathun - 04-08-2015, 10:08 AM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Roskuld - 04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Syrena - 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM