the Rift

[OPEN] Ashes to ashes

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

…..so. There was a fish lady. That was kinda weird.

No foolin’, she was a fish lady son. Fins ‘n everything. The way the water rolled off her sides—sort of glistening in a way that horse bodies don’t actually glisten when they’re wet—you could almost say there were scales hidden somewhere along her body, except I wasn’t the one who was looking at her so hard (I’ll get to that part in a minute). What I did was back up one step, jostling you a little bit on my nose with my movement—but I couldn’t help the slight roll of shock over my shoulders and face as I watched this fish lady approach. You’d think I’d seen it all by now (a flash of headwings in my mind’s eye--) but I guess weird shit didn’t make other weird shit less weird. Weird doesn’t measure that way.

*“You have something on your face.”*

And like pow my ears were pinned, my nostrils flared. “He ain’t a thing,” I said roughly, the bite in my voice apparent and all-inclusive, cutting both at the fire-eye’d guy and the fish girl down in the water. “I know where he is--I put him there, shit.” I was the only one offended (by what?), because you were just this little ball of cute happy on my nose waiting for someone to notice you, craving their attention, their affection, like tokens in an arcade (I don’t understand that reference but whatever).

Fire-eyes started talking about….I dunno, some dumb cordial shit probably. Blah blah surprises blah blah weather blah blah blah. No, I wasn’t listening to the words—I heard the brightness in them, the little rays of sunshine that lanced out of his tongue, hurling and focusing towards….fish lady? I cocked an eyebrow, watching him; watching the way he stood and how it got a little more square and strong, like the bastard was showing out, letting us (her?) see how handsome he was. Like…big whoop, the fuck can you do with handsome? I dunno, I guess some people liked that, like it mattered or said something about your inner personhood or whatever. I suppressed a snort, feeling something stir in my legs; the impulse to bolt, to turn away from whatever I was seeing, because that shit’s gross and I don’t understand it but this was a thing I wasn’t trying to understand. Not ever. (not yet)

But then the bro turned to me, started walking towards me--no, towards you. And I stiffened and the impulse to leave got even stronger and it went to war with your own little ticking excitement in your chest and you begged me to stay because you were having fun with Fins and Fire and I was like “ughghghaghaghghg” in my mind’s eye but I ended up standing still anyway, damn near holding my breath as Fire-eyes came close enough to touch you.

“’is name’s Chico,” I sorta mumbled, as he reached for you—but the words hadn’t even really left my mouth yet before you jumped at the bastard, doing your damnest to climb onto his face, and see if faces were the same the world over.

Nevermind I freaked out. Fuck my feelings, I guess. Cheek! I shouted, as you sailed through the small space between us.

@[Syrena] @[Cathun]
[I didn’t put Chico actually landing on Cathun because I figured that you would want to determine that outcome!]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Ashes to ashes - by Cathun - 04-03-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Roskuld - 04-06-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Syrena - 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Cathun - 04-08-2015, 10:08 AM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Roskuld - 04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Ashes to ashes - by Syrena - 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM