the Rift

[OPEN] Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting]

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

I listened tentatively while the announcements were made, nodding towards Gaucho in acceptance of my duties as a healer during this invasion, though in actuality I wanted nothing to do with such a violent event. However, I would offer my services to anyone that was in need of them, keep my head low and focus solely on the task at hand rather than worry about why any injuries may have happened. When the new ranks were given, I offered a friendly smile towards each of the promoted members in a silent congratulations. I couldn't recall meeting any of the recently promoted, though I trusted Gaucho's judgement and knew that they must have been worthy.

My eyes widened slightly with the surprising news that Bucephalus had stepped down, casting a glance towards the Morningstar in an attempt to read any expressions. There was a number of questions that I wanted to ask, but even if I asked them I was unsure if I would get a straight forward answer. The stallion was skilled in answering anything without truly giving away anything, and it bothered me how difficult it was to read him. Not a single word escaped my lips as I listened to the others that surrounded me, occasionally glancing at familiar and strange faces. It was an old past time of mine, watching those around me to study and learn what I could just from how they presented themselves. A snowy white mare that I did not recognize caught my attention, ears flicking forward as I studied her body language. The pegasus tucked herself away from the rest of the herd, and I couldn't help but wonder what was bothering her. Perhaps I could speak with her another time. After all, as a healer, I was responsible for more than just physical ailments of the herd. Perhaps if she simply knew that there was someone that she could speak with confidentially, I could help her resolve whatever seemed to be eating at her.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

Others start to file in, fleshing out the group, and Mesec realized for the first time just how big the herd at Dragon’s Throat was. He had never seen them all together before - and he wasn’t even sure if this was all of them. It was incredible to see, how many of them followed the call of Gaucho. Most of them stand silently, like Mesec does, though a mare speaks up and he cannot help but smile when he recognized her - Megaera. Along with a pair of others, Sacre and Rhea, they had teamed up together in order to find the murderer that was hunting down their fellow Helovians. Funny, how that seemed like so long ago now - before they knew how many and who was behind it and who was really behind it.

Another voice popped up, but this one was closer and it was speaking to him. Mesec looked down to see a young colt standing beside him, offering to go stand near his mom if Mesec didn’t want him standing right there. “Hey Aakesh, I’m Mesec. It’s perfectly alright for you to stand here.” He grinned down at Aakesh, wondering when all his friends went and had children and why he had never bothered to learn more about them.

As Gaucho began to speak, telling about changes in ranks, the announcement about Bucephalus caused his son to comment quietly, sounding hurt and wondering why his dad hadn’t told him about the changes. Maybe it wasn’t his place, but Mesec lowered his head and voice and commented softly - “Don’t feel bad, I’m sure he had a good reason.” Parents usually did or, at least, that was the rumour.

Bucephalus moving back from the Chancellor position left it open, it seemed, and Gaucho continued to bring up changes in the ranks. Ampere was the new Chancellor and Megaera the new Sultana! Two of the faces that he actually knew in the crowd so he was proud of them - adding his “Congratulations!” with a smile toward them both. He’d have to make note to congratulate them later, in person, especially now that he knew Megaera was a member of this herd too. How many other familiar faces were a part of these ranks?

-------
@[Aakesh] couldn't resist replying <3

image by Blu
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel was late, very late. But, she was not entirely sure that she was invited to begin with, and she watched with judgmental, silver eyes at those who gathered. Quietly, silently, she pushed through the daylight and into the shadows, listening to Gaucho speak. He had greeted her well when she arrived, giving her support and strength when she had none, and thus she learned from his words. True, this was not the Dragon's Throat's fight. War was a reasonable way to get what you wanted since the winners would obviously protect it better than the losers.

And thus she learned one, small facet of her moral code. Crimes against each other. Murder. That was heinous and unforgivable, but herds and things were tangible. You could always get it back in the same manner that you lost it, right? At least that was what she thought. Maybe that would change - she wasn't sure.

Either way, she did not understand the long faces. Megaera was the new Sultana, which was good. Aithniel liked her very much. As for the others, she did not know them and thus watched. A small shadow in the distance caught her attention, and she quietly shifted his direction, nodding to Mesec. Well, he was not small - not at all. In fact, he towered over her figure handsomely. The fire child knew him well enough and thus remained nearby.

He fit in better. Mesec congratulated everyone like a friend, nodding and greeting warmly. Somehow he got those skills of friendliness whereas Aithniel stood awkwardly with a hostile expression near the back. The strange, black and blue mare was here too, and she watched carefully at all the new faces. "Mesec," she whispered quietly, trying to get his attention. "Who is everyone?"

She stared at a few foals too, feeling a bit overwhelmed now that almost everyone was in one place.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
And it's not a cry, that you hear at night -- It's not somebody, who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

The small looks of surprise during his promotions always made him internally chuckle. Though what grew the smile on his lips was the sound of praise and congratulations that gently stirred throughout his herd. He remembered days of old, when Midas had named him Sultan. There had been such disdain, so much hate and fear and bitching. He couldn't help but think of Levi and Rasta - it was their voices who stood out so prominently among the rest. And where were they now? Levi had abandoned everything he claimed to love, and Rasta had seemingly turned bitter and distrustful. Although perhaps she was always that way - perhaps it was the blindness. He had thought she had changed, softened. She had seemed to when he had met her that one chilly midnight so long ago. But perhaps not.

As Sohalia arrived, his smile widened, and the Sultan bowed his antlered crown to his mate. His steely gaze fell upon Aithniel, who he was pleased to see had joined them. Before concluding, he let his gaze sweep through those assembled once more; Morrigan, Maren, Ampere, Zero (his?), Aakesh, Amaris, Cathun, Cirrus, Ivezho, Isfold, Hertz, Mesec, Sikeax, Spice, Einarr, Meg, Sohalia, and Aithniel. Their family was strong.

The Throat would never fall.

"Gaucho have special gift for our crafters. They use magic from Sun God, but also their own strength and sweat." Mara and Vorsa, each holding two small trinkets, set off towards the crafters. Vorsa flew towards Bucephalus (although really she was heading towards Azeeza) with a [ medium item ]. With a happy and proud trill, the phoenix dropped the item, chirping loudly. Mara was more subtle, slithering silently through the crowd to her painted friend. What she held in her jaws was much smaller, though glistened and glowed.

**Also assuming @[Bucephalus] and @[Cera] are lingering in the crowd somewhere :P

Bucephalus receives a MEDIUM ITEM.
Cera receives a Sun God charm - a small charm in the shape of a sun that glows

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

When Ivez looked over his shoulder at his brother in arms by his side, he could have almost been looking in a mirror, or even at a brother bound by blood. Surprise stole his tongue for a moment, his attention wavered between the announcements and happenings and this young stallion's question. How did he not know what had happened?

"She possessed my father, and used his body to murder nine lives. As a demonstration of her might and our worthlessness." His words hissed through charred lips, his snipped maw crinkling in distaste even as he told the story. The Moon Goddess had done nothing but secure a firm dislike within his enlightened heart: the steed's very body glowed with the light of the Sun Lord (more visible in darker settings), he had no real opinion of the Edge herd's decision to move, though he admitted that he would have probably agreed with their motives.

Though he had been trying to be subtle and linger mostly on the edges of the meeting (to better catch his father's attention), it seemed his presence would not fly under the radar, as yet another sidled up to him. It was a mare this time, a youthful young lady just on the cusp of womanhood - Ivezho could not help the coltish grin that curled his maw as he greeted her with a low whicker, entirely pleased to distract himself with this kind of attention.

The mention of his brother caused him smile to dim - Rhoa always did seem more capable than him, more sociable and open, while he remained the silent, brooding one. Ivezho simply didn't know where he belonged yet, he was still learning, and so he dipped his crown in response to this Spice, and murmured his soft greeting into her dual-toned ears.

"He's my brother. I'm Ivezho." He spoke his name with the low, gutteral accent of the language it came from, the mother tongue of his father, the ancient and primitive Dothraki tongue. Beast, was his name, yet was he a beast? Not yet, no, he was just Ivezho for now.

@[Cathun] and @[Spice], no need to reply to him, just wanted to get this up to acknowledge their interaction with him C:
Random switch to third person because I'maderp.