the Rift

[OPEN] Made of Steel

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

The hesitation around the word ‘away’ raised a flag and Mesec briefly wondered whether there was a reason but the curiosity faded when there was no further explanation. Perhaps she had simply been searching for the right word and there was no other explanation. He smiled warmly back at her as she introduced herself as Sohalia - a former Sultana of this very herd! It was a welcome distraction over the conflict between worrying over where she recognized him from and wondering why he was so worried. From Maren he had learned that any secret there might have been about his heritage did not exist for those that listened to the rumours, and others had been told first-hand. Would the kind, angelic Sohalia care that he was a demi-god? Few others brought up their parents in regular conversation and he saw no reason why he needed to be any different - announcing who is mother was with every new acquaintance was tedious and unnecessary. As had been pointed out to him, she did not define him and he did not want to continue letting that bond to riddle him with such thoughts as these.

Relief was shown in the form of a warm smile when she confirmed that she did know Cera and even knew of a few places to look for the golden stallion.

“Company would be wonderful, thank you.” He accepted her offer to accompany him readily, motioning with his head for her to lead the way. If she had lived in this herd for at least longer than he had, even with a small time away, then she was sure to be a helpful guide. He motioned for her to lead the way if she wished so that he could fall into step beside her. “I’ve not been here very long, maybe a season, but I never knew just how large the Throat was - looking for another horse in this herd keeps proving to be a little harder than I expected.” He admitted sheepishly, thinking back to how little he had known about this herd before he showed up and been greeted by Cera, Hector and Ampere. Before then, this herd had been mostly a mystery - he knew that Ampere lived here, knew that the Sun God was their patron, but that was where his knowledge ended.

Speaking quietly, he confided in Sohalia with a grin - showing the recognition of his foolish thoughts. “I honestly thought it was just desert. I’ve learned my lesson, though.” While the heat was something he could live without, it was not so bad once Tallsun broke and he found himself growing fond of the herd and the land they lived in. And, of course, growing fond of the idea of being a part of the herd - if only he could figure out where he would be useful as a member!

image by Blu

@[Sohalia]
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-14-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-20-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 05-16-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 06-09-2015, 06:38 PM