the Rift

[OPEN] Made of Steel

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

One of the common themes that Mesec was finding during his stay in the Throat so far was how passionate everyone seemed to be about their home - they truly loved it. He could not help but smile at the noticeable fondness that Sohalia spoke with when she talked of the Throat - and not just the herd that lived in it but the land itself. He almost missed a step when she finished by welcoming him to the land and to their family - surprised by the impact that those words had on him. “Thank you, Sohalia.” Those simple words did not accurately convey just how much it meant to him. Could this be a place for him to grow roots? He wondered if the Edge would ever call to him, wondered if he even had a choice on where he could make a home and a name for himself. He wanted the Throat to be that home, though - he had been met with nothing but kindness so far from all those that he had met here and he wanted to be a part of that family. What was wrong with that?

They were nearing the ocean when a familiar painted figure was noticed - and it noticed them. Cera called out Sohalia’s name with such joy! And soon they were both rushing forward to greet each other. Mesec watched with a smile as the two greeted each other with obvious fondness. He did not move after Sohalia quickly - lingering back instead to give them a moment to reacquaint themselves. If she had indeed been gone for a while, Mesec did not want to get in the way of a reunion. He joined them at an easy walk instead, smiling still. Cera seemed to be in much higher spirits than the last time they had seen each other, for which Mesec was incredibly glad.

Though his interest was touched by the mention of an irrigation system, Mesec did not interrupt the words that seemed to be meant for Sohalia and instead allowed his silver eyes to wander to where the red panda was sitting some ways back. Maybe the Throat was going to become even less of a desert than they had just been discussing! His attention returned to the warm-hearted pair he stood near when Cera’s voice became directed his way. It was incredible, the transformation from the stallion he had met on the borders of the Throat to the shining one he saw before him. “Very well, thank you, everyone has been so kind to me so far. The heat… is definitely taking some getting used to. I think I was made more for shadow than sunlight, but I’m hoping I’ll grow accustomed to it in time.” Compared to his company, Mesec was very much the literal black sheep when it came to desert dwellers. Both Sohalia and Cera had the lighter coats that would make living in this climate more tolerable.

He was thankful to Sohalia for introducing the fact that Mesec had been looking for Cera - he had not been entirely sure how to bring up the subject himself. Though he still felt shy about bringing it up, even in such warm company as he found himself in now. “If you're not too busy I was hoping to talk to you about joining the Crafters. I'm afraid I don't know very much about crafting... or really have any experience in it.” Not very a very good sell, unfortunately, but at least he managed to bring up the topic of the day. “I don't want to keep you away from your work, though. You said it's for an irrigation system?”

@[Sohalia] & @[Cera]
---
no worries about the wait, darling! <33 good to have you back!

image by Blu
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-14-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-20-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 05-16-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 06-09-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 06-15-2015, 08:42 PM