the Rift

[PRIVATE] this house is falling apart --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
Something tugs and pulls, a silver string plucked as my body rises from the ground, evading gravity as I work my way above the earth. I felt the gentle tug, something trying to get my attention. It pulls me away from my familiar, dreary mind into one that's still untainted and bright, revealing a golden body in pursuit. Teary eyes widen, a pained smile running across my lips as I dip down, plummeting downwards beneath the clouds. A small, dark and familiar body greets me, electric wings stirring up stardust as Yseult lands upon my withers. A curious ear is turned, head cocked as I attempt to turn. My buckling knees prevent me from doing so, something inside causing me to tremble, stomach upturned as I stand with my hind facing Aurelia. I could already feel the growing tension between us, the bitterness of a broken love. My strained body and mind fight, my legs shaking as I try to turn around and face her. I swear I could feel her hatred for me burning off of her like white flames, threatening to tear me apart with just a look.

I feel pressure from her gaze pushing against my shoulders, weak legs almost collapsing as I stand there. I had to turn around, I needed to face her and make things right. But how could I fix something that I'd fucked up so badly? A furious bite to the lip gets me to at least take a step to the side, Yseult waiting patiently for me to approach Aur. A deep inhale, and another, and another. After several moments I finally gather up what little courage I have to turn around and meet Aurelia's furious gaze. My eyes drop, lips sealed shut as I look at my hooves with shame. I open my lips, forcing nothing but a breath out. "Aur—" her name slips from my lips with regret pooling, evident in the tears within my eyes. I had to cough out more than just that, but I didn't know how I would manage it. I was terrified, afraid that I had just wasted a god's time for nothing. Or maybe this was a lesson.. a part of the quest? I pray that it is, that I haven't just destroyed something beautiful for no absolute reason.

The family I dreamed of, it's gone. I feel the hope of it ever happening becoming a fast fading dream, my mind letting it slip away. "Listen I— I meant— I believe we're going to be together for as long as we live. I want us to be together, I'm so determined Aurelia, I want to prove to you that I love you so much." I stumble over my words, trying to find a rhythm that's steady and calm. Instead my words are spilling out faster than I thought possible. Tears are streaming from my eyes as I manage to look up. "I just meant— there's going to be a time.. when we die.. and—" I manage a pitiful wing shrug, looking off to the side with my ears flicked back out of guilt. "I don't know.. I've never really believed in anything after death—" Just a dark, cold void, lacking in anything. I don't know why I believed such things, but I did. A concept of something after death was never brought to me, instead I simply believed we died and that was that. Nothing more than a simple, dark death devoid of a heavenly afterlife or a warm welcoming from your deceased family. I was an idiot for not explaining that sooner..

"I'm so sorry, I— I'm so stupid, I should've explained more—" I manage, throat tightening with each word that passes through my lips. "I couldn't stand to live without you, Aur. I need you, I really do." I feel my heart, grasped within Aurelia's firm grasp as I spill my guts before her. "I wanted.. I wanted to walk proudly beside you to the Veins.. for the Earth God to grant us what we wanted—" I pause, trying to gather myself. "We wanted a family, Aur. A family. How can we take care of a child like this?" I choke up, voice unsteady as I look at her. "After we turn in the quest— we can go back to the Throat, we can have a family—" I'm choking now, lips shut as I can't manage out anymore more than a whimper. I hope Aurelia doesn't think I'm trying to trick her, I hope she knows how terrible my lies are, and not even I can force myself to cry. This was pure emotion, from wherever my emotions came from (My heart? My spirit? My mind?), it was spilling out, an uncontrollable wave wiping out everything calmly drifting on the shore of a beach."talk" @[Aurelia]
art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
this house is falling apart -- - by Destry - 04-12-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Aurelia - 04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Destry - 05-01-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Aurelia - 05-02-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Destry - 05-03-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Aurelia - 05-06-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: this house is falling apart -- - by Destry - 05-15-2015, 12:13 PM