the Rift

[PRIVATE] this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive)

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The Dauntless stood in the shadows and watched. He did not want to be detected by the mares just yet, but Loretta had brought him to this place. Her nose was keen and she had sensed Lakota around. When the stallion and his bitch arrived, however, surprise took them. Archibald did not know that the Poisoner was pregnant, and by the looks of it she was ready to burst. Anger bubbled in his chest. She had been at his side in the invasion to fight knowing there was a child in danger. The stallion grit his teeth and set his jaw, taking all of his strength to stand composed and not descend on the mares, guns blazing, with words of anger and lashing.

Instead, Archibald waited in silence until the rush of anger had cooled in his chest. Finally, the beast stepped forth towards the mares. "Lakota, Ktulu," He said, lowering his head towards the women. He moved to touch Lakota's cheek, her wet cheek, to place a butterfly kiss of familiarity on her face. Golden eyes, impassive and hard, swept over her swollen belly before he moved his muzzle to touch Ktulu's cheek in turn. Loretta quietly lay in the distance, chin on her paws. She was not meant to be a part of this meeting, but she would not leave. This was her family, too.

Images of Circe's body--swollen and recently pregnant--swarmed Archibald's mind. Flashes of his daughter being taken by the harpy bitch, his sons and him racing after her, dragonfire igniting the sky. All of it made Archibald's heart beat fast, but on the surface he was stony and cold. Flashes of Hototo being struck down flashed just after, the look on Ktulu's face when she watched her son leave this world burning his retinas. He knew that pain all too well, and he did not wish to relive it, but he would take it on a thousand times over just to release Ktulu from its bonds. "It is okay," I am here he wanted to add, but did not understand why. This was not his child--neither of these mares were his mate--but even so, a hard, gripping sense of paternity of this unborn child and some responsibility for these mares gripped his chest.

archibald & loretta
And I was made of wood and stone and won't diminish or bend

i-mi

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive) - by Archibald - 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM