the Rift

[PRIVATE] this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive)

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

"Oh Gods. Ktulu I... I'm so sorry. I don't know... I'm sorry."

Ktulu held tight to Lakota, unwilling to let the other mare slip from her grasp. She'd spent far too long silently suffering, distancing herself from anyone who could offer her comfort, unwilling to speak of Hototo's death and make it real. "Don't..." She whispered, clinging desperately to Lakota's neck. Don't move away from me. Don't leave me. No matter how tightly she held to Lakota she couldn't seem to keep herself from shattering into even more pieces. She'd spent so long trying to take care of everyone else, protect everyone else, do for everyone else that she hadn't thought of guarding her own heart; of preparing herself for something that could cut her deeper than any knife ever could. How did one prepare herself to witness her son's murder?

"What happened?"

She was spiraling, her head spinning, and everything after what happened was garbled and unintelligible. "The moon..." She muttered as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly against the onslaught of tears. "...murdered him." Her body shook as she sucked in a breath, her eyes opening as she heard Archibald's voice and felt his muzzle against her cheek. He had been there. He had seen it. He'd lost a child of his own and understood just how much her heart bled. No matter how angry she'd been at him before for not allowing her to leave she couldn't find that anger. She couldn't make herself want him to leave. She wanted him to lay beside her and hold her. She wanted Lakota to whisper to her while she cried that everything was going to be okay and make her believe it.

The words came, but it was from Archibald instead of Lakota. "Archi..." She whispered as she lifted her head to look up at him. He stood there, a pillar of strength in the face of all the shit that the Gods threw at them. How did he do it? How did he lose so much and still be so strong? "How...?"

"."

ooc://
i suck, sorry about the wait D:

@[Lakota]
@[Archibald]

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
RE: this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive) - by Ktulu - 06-01-2015, 11:56 PM