the Rift

[OPEN] two : drown the doubts

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
He watched with unabashed fascination, his golden eyes narrowing from time to time if only to study the great Pegasus in all her glory. She was beautiful, disturbingly so, but the old fox knew better than to voice such opinions… he only longed for the life that was slipping too quickly through his fingers. Even as the mongrel watched his visitor quietly, entertained by the subtle shift in emotions as they rolled across her face, he could not blame her for her curiosity.

At one point he had been as orange as the sun and his eyes glimmered with the mischief of thieves. He sighed in remembrance and cocked his slender head when the young mare demanded to know more of him. What had piqued her interest? What had made her look beyond all the creatures in the forest and decide that he was of any great importance?

It didn’t sit quite right with the fox, but he shook his head deciding that he was too eager to share his woes than to worry about the repercussions. “Well, you see, I used to be quite handsome. I used to be able to hunt and run and laugh young one. But as you can see, age has robbed me of even the simple joys in life- I am old,” he stated, as if the fact could somehow fall short on her. “I used to be like you.

Even though they’d never been anything alike, the fox wanted nothing more than to be able to pretend… He wanted to project his fears for dying onto the roan mare and see them flutter and parish. Yet, the honest truth of the matter remained-he would pass long before she ever did.

One day you’ll feel this too…

@Cirrus

Messages In This Thread
two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by Official - 12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-21-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 12-22-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-23-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 12-23-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-28-2015, 09:27 AM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 12-29-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-29-2015, 09:54 PM