the Rift

:: Q&A ::

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
How many characters are required in a group before you can get a Secret board? 
It's always been 5 :) (5 active members with different players to be specific)

Is there a specific number of members required before a band can post invasions against herd lands? 
There are currently no invasions still as that process is still being worked out. It is in question whether or not to continue having invasions at all as the admin are trying to find the most fair but still competitive way to achieve mobility. Since most of our invasions have been fraught with hurt feelings, accusations and general upsetness, this is something we have to consider. Otherwise, you have to have at least 3 (according to old rules). 

Can you ask for more than one god with a VotG pass, or would you require a pass for each god summoned? And would a quest by multiple gods require a different task from each one, or would it be comprised into one difficult quest?
Due to admin time and strain, only one god will come. Separate VOTG passes are required for more than one god. Typically the gods do not work together - so you would have to do them separately. 

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
*** Ammending
Some gods WONT show up when another one is there either, depending on if they like each other at all.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Do we need an item pass for items gifted or created IC? ex if a character is given a feather, or if a character without crafting rank tries to make something.

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Feathers, beads, braids etc are so small we actually don't even record them, so those are fine. Anything else though would require a pass of the character is not a crafter/doesn't have crafting magic.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
does a character have to be a certain age before they approach the veins looking for a quest?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
does a character have to be a certain age before they approach the veins looking for a quest?
No! You can go to the veins no matter what age with a VOTG pass :D However, currently, all of our gods are "busy" (defeating rift gods, yannow). We will let you know when the veins are open again.

@Murtagh

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
I have a question about "Others." Other than not being a creature on the companion list, are their other rules or limitations? For example, are perytons, winged animals that don't normally have wings, or creatures like cynogriffons allowed?
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Creatures that don't normally have wings are not allowed, no. The animal cannot be something that is extinct past 100 years or so, and I think cynogriffins are just basically griffins? So that would be a no there because of the companion list.

@Ki'irha

Noella
So if it's an established magical creature that isn't on the companion list, it would be allowed? Or are we better off posting it on our OOC wishlist thread or asking an admin so it's on an individual basis, and there's no confusion?

And would winged animals be accepted if a hybrid pass was used? Or are hybrid passes reserved for horse hybrids?
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Administrator
Tamme
If it's an established mythical creature that isn't on the companion list, it would be allowed, but you are better off posting in your wishlist for approval.

Also, since hybrid passes are somewhat rare, we really don't like them to be used on non-equine creatures since this is, after all, an equine site!

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
I am a bit confused about the item pass. So even if someone were to gift/give you something ICly (larger than small), you'd need an item pass first before?
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Blu
No, if someone gifts you something in character, then that item 1. already exists int heir records and we transfer it to your records or 2. they use their item pass/have crafting magic and make it for you, at which point we use the thread to justify adding the item to your records.

An item pass is useful for if you want an item that doesn't exist yet in anyone's records or you don't have crafting ability to make.

Helovia Hard Mode

Noella
Have participation prizes been decided for everyone who entered the land description/manip contest? I'm not sure if I missed it, or if it just hasn't happened yet.
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Administrator
Tamme
@omg I can't tag your name

They have not been decided, but it will probably be an amulet of some kind :)

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Does items won/gifted through swp events count towards the item maximum? and does Genetic manipulations like extra magic pass etc count as items too?

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Administrator
Tamme
Items won through SWP events DO count!
The only things that don't count are the following:
- Charms
- One use items like blood or shocky stuff
- Amulets
- Single feathers
- Single earrings
- ie, very, very small things
- genetic mutations (as it's not really an item, it's a gene)

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
@Tamme thanks for clarifying Chan's question, I was also wondering! So something that is still in their records may not necessarily count? IE, Ashamin's little stone in his horn and his blood vial, by these standards? (And I was hoping to have him keep things like shells from Lochan's hatched eggs and his companion's milk teeth, would these not even go in records then, or go in but not count?)

And following up on that, is there a way for us to easily tell if something counts towards our total/fits the above criteria or should we just be checking with admin about our total if we are unsure?

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Administrator
Tamme
@Ashamin

The BEST thing to do is to combine all those small items into some sort of trinket that contains them all. That way your records are not obnoxiously long but it still accounts for the important stuff. The best thing to do would be to double check with an admin if you are unsure :) The milk teeth and the eggs are unnecessary to include as they are mostly anecdotal.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Damage Roll Question:

Is the damage derived from an attack based on the number rolled (1-6), the character's damage stat, or a combination of both?

Please tag Tembovu.

Blu
"■ Translating Dice Roll to Damage – The damage dice is a six sided die so there is a scale from 1 to 6. There is no exact scale by which you should translate damage. Rather, you should take into consideration your opponent's damage stat in combination with the dice roll that is given to you. A dice roll of 1 is the lowest there can be, so your character should take the lowest damage. Similarly, a dice roll of 6 is the highest there can be, so your character should take the highest damage. The other dice rolls should be somewhere in between. Typically, the judge will consider the dice roll when deciding if you took enough damage in response to the dice."

From the Battle Guide.

So you'll see above it says you consider your opponent's damage stat and the value of the dice roll. This is not to say that you need to add numbers or do percentages or anything like that, but consider that although a bruise (damage roll 1) is still a bruise, it can hurt more depending on who gave it to you.

ex.
If a 5 year old girl punches you, you arm is bruised, and it kinda hurts, like a damage roll of 1.
If a buff marine soldier punches you, you arm is bruised, and it really hurts. Just because he's a soldier doesn't mean you arm suddenly pops off, but the bruising will probably be more extensive, deeper, wider, more immediately tender. Still a damage roll of 1, still a bruise, but more damaging.

If a 5 year old girl hits you with a crowbar, your arm is maybe dislocated or utterly unusable, a damage roll of 6.
If a buff marine soldier hits you with a crowbar, your arm is probably broken, a damage roll of 6.

Does that make sense? The dice roll of 1-6 is always to keep the damage scaled, but the extent of that damage does vary with your opponent's damage stat, hence why greater damage stat means more HP is lost.

Helovia Hard Mode