the Rift

:: Q&A ::

Whit Posts: 2
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'7" :: 28
Whit
Would a medium mutation pass be able to be used, for example, to give Amaris the ability to lay eggs (not unlike Ampere)?

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
That is actually entirely up to you :)
Ampere didn't need any special pass to lay eggs, and the method in which you give birth (as long as it somewhat makes sense, ie eggs with pegasus for the bird relation) is up to you. As long as you are "pregnant" for the required amount of time, you're good!

@Whit

Psilo Posts: 0
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'6" :: March of 1990
--
It says we are allowed to join our character with a single small item. If i didn't do that before, may I still add a small non-magical item to them or did I miss my chance? (:

Also, does that count for born in-game babies (to have a small stud in their ear or anklet etc.)

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Unforuntately you can only add the joining-with item when you join. So if you didn't, then yes, you missed your chance :P

But no, if you were born here, you don't get the joining-with item.

Rottie Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'4" :: 29
Rottie
I feel like I should know this already but if you have a character that's only been posted once or twice, can you change their name?

Thank you! <3

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Unfortunately no!

Noella Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'3" :: 24
Noella
In terms of pregnant mares not being able to fight without health stats being re-rolled, does that timeline start at the date of the posted Foal Stats, or at the start of the breeding thread? If that doesn't make sense I can specify.

The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again. 
Homer, 'The Iliad'

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
When Official posts the foal stats, your mare is "officially pregnant" as far as the timeline goes.

Jen Posts: 16
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 14.3 hh :: 21
Jen
For older magics that might already be quite powerful, is it possible to get them upgraded for stat purposes only but not have the actual magic be strengthened or changed in any way (since it already is strong?)

Administrator
Tamme
Yes, Jen, you can do that :) Or you can just alter the restrictions. So if it affects only 1 person it can affect two, etc.

OOC Account
Jen
Thanks @Tamme !

Also, was edited into the previous but after you posted by accident, so--

It was mentioned in the helovia chat that in the past certain offensive or defensive items have counted as more than +1 to the DI or OI stat. How is this determined, by adding +.5 for upgrade to the item, or only if the upgrade is something offensive or defense? Is there still a max of 2 for the OI and DI stat, or can it go above that if you have, for example, two DI items that are fully upgraded and +2? This also confused me because it says on the stats page that items are +1 each with a max of +2 total, and that one item cannot count for both of that +2, which combined of no mention with items being above +1 made me think +1 was the cap.

Administrator
Tamme
Okay, you can have a max of +2 defensive and +2 offensive, TOTAL. It doesn't matter where those points come from or how, that's the total. Just like how you can have two companions but only one counts for the stats. You can have 23-480394890 items but once you reach the +2 defensive and +2 offensive, you are capped.

There cannot be any 0.5s in items. Only 1 or 2.

Certain items that are upgraded to be more powerful/stronger/etc can go from +1 to +2 in stats. IE, you can improve upon one item. So if you have a sword (+1 offensive) and you make it magic somehow, it can now be a +2 offensive sword. And now, your +2 offensive is maxed out.

OOC Account
Jen
Alright, thank you! That helps a lot. :)

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
If your character gets magic does that add to the Stats, and if it does to we have to post to stat request to get that altered?

Sorry i know it is a simple question

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Yes and yes! Only active magic applies to stats, but each time you get magic or a magic upgrade you should post in stas updates.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Does magic retain some of its natural properties? Like, Ki'irha makes electric x light apparitions. If one was to touch water, would it create a weak electric current in the water?
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Administrator
Tamme
No, your magic only does with is listed in the ability. The elements are just building blocks :)

@Ki'irha

OOC Account
Jen
Can stealths include images as clues?

Administrator
Tamme
No, stealths are only about artistry of the written word. Pictures would lead to a bad precedent and we have no protocol to judge them.

@Jen

OOC Account
Jen
@Tamme Alright thank you!