the Rift

:: Q&A ::

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
@Tamme
Cheers hun. Wasnt sure if i could just post in ranks or not. If i could get your email for the site i will see if i can unblock it or something in my actual email account. See if i can make something work
[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Yeah, it's through their firewall system D: I've tried to change things up so they still get through, but it's tough trying to fight with these big giants like google and yahoo.

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
Quick question! For tribrids, do they have to be pegasus/unicorn/equine or can they be pegasus/unicorn/animal?
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
@Caleb pegasusxunicornxequine!

Nova Posts: 0
OOC Account
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17.2 :: 22
Nova
Would a medium/small mutation pass allow a non-unicorn character to grow a horn?

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
Would someone be able to get magic that turns them into a hell hound? If so, would they be able to upgrade it to have one of the magics they can have?

Administrator
Tamme
Nova :: You can grow a horn, yes, but your character would have none of the genetic info for it and it would be weak and brittle.

Pare :: Yes, you can get magic to transform into a hellhound, and you can upgrade it for a magic similar to their ability but not exactly as hellhound magic is multi-part.

@Nova @Astarot

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
I apologize in advance if I'm just being impatient here, but......

Would it be alright for me to start a new thread in the Aurora Basin without waiting for a reply in my current thread? I read in their rules that she has to be accepted into the herd by a higher ranked member. Since Zya is my first character I'm sort of stuck in posting purgatory at the moment and would like to get rolling.

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
Awesome thank you Tamme <3

Administrator
Tamme
Hey there Zyanna!

You can actually go to the "rank change request" thread in the updates board and request to be turned into an "outcast". At that point you can start an open thread in the Aurora Basin.

@Zyanya

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
Ahh, thank you Tamme. I will do that. :)

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
So, as far as everything on records goes, Rexanna stole Crowley. Originally, she was going to give him to Ashamin for his care, but Dingo went on absent so I think Crowley is still in Rex's care at the moment. Can she let him go? If so, how would that go with Dingo being on absent? Or are we just kind of stuck at the moment? :o
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Odd
Of course you can let him go. You can just put an OOC note in a post, or actually write a post of her letting him go. It's assumed, even if Dingo is on absent, that Crowley is lurking with her.

Skylark Posts: 1
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 5'3 :: 23
Skylark
Thank you so much Odd! <3

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
What kinds of things can be healed using magic? Can something like entropion be fixed with magic since it is something so minor or would this still require a quest?
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Odd
Healers can fix anything a doctor can.

Think of magical healing abilities being on a scale, from the types of things that a walk-in doctor could fix in an hour (abrasions, rashes, coughs, etc) to what surgeons could fix; this should approximate the difference between upgraded healing magic, and non.

Things they can't fix, are things our doctors can't fix, chronic illnesses, and things specifically noted that would take a quest to fix.

So something like entropion seemed fixable by a healer, to me.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
This has never been more than a theoretical question for me before, but now it actually cropped up that I wrote a spar opener that is 800+ words. The rules state: "Also for ease of judging, all fight posts must be under 800 words."

But as the judges only take into account the actual numbered spar posts + closing defense, it leaves it kind of murky on whether or not spar openers (0/3) need to be under 800 words as well. Seeing as the judges only read them to get an idea of the setting (if they read 'em at all) and do not judge what is stated in them.

So the question is: does the entire Battleground thread have to be under 800 words, or only the numbered fight posts + closing defense?
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Odd
In a perfect word, all posts in the battleground would be battle posts. If there needs to be a preamble to get the spar going, ideally it would happen outside of the battlegrounds, because as you noted, that isn't really judged as part of the spar.

HOWEVER, as you also noted, it does get read by the judges so that the emotions, setting, motives, etc., don't just appear out of left field.

But this is where it gets tricky. Because those parts aren't judged, I'm not actually sure whether or not you'd get a -10 deduction for going over. On the one hand, deductions only apply to judged posts and so it seems like you shouldn't, but on the other hand, as a judge, I'd be super annoyed if you wrote a 2000 post novel that I had to read (even skim) through.

All that being said, because all the other 'intro 0/3' posts have always had to be under 800, I would say that for continuity, yes, you have to keep it under 800.

If you want to write a huge intro and it's 0/3, then write it outside of the battleboards and take all the words you want.

:3

Snow Posts: 7
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Unicorn :: Tall :: 24
Snow
I think I've read somewhere that we're not allowed to use GIFs in our posts/tables etc, but I was wondering, are we allowed to use them in our profiles? :o

Administrator
Tamme
Yes, you can use them in your profiles :)
@Snow