the Rift

[PRIVATE] So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
He holds onto her tighter as Resplendence mentions Kaj. She feels the little scampering of feet upon her back - Zarina - the little companion that she knew was half hers. Valiance, uncertainly, ran his talons through Quilyan's mane for a few seconds before moving off toward Resplendence's haunches. There were a few chirping clicks of joy from his mouth as he offered a feathered wing for the small marmoset. The two had to be exhausted, and it was not only Valiance who recognized this.

He says that they would do everything together, and asks her not to cry - pulling her in tighter. But, all it does it make her feel worse that they hadn't found a way to bring him back sooner. "I couldn't find you… I tried to find you…" she sniffled, muscles trembling now. "But I couldn't go too far… I had to stay close… So many stayed in the Edge… so many were nowhere… I didn't know anyone to ask to look…" She's spilling into nonsense, broken fragments of sentences. "Little sleep… Exhausted… Herbs didn't- I couldn't-" she can't tell him that during those months with them all missing she wanted to die thinking it would reunite her with all those she had lost. It would break him. She didn't want to break him. "Rue needed medical… Kota was pregnant… I was on call…"

If he saw her gold eyes now, he'd see how dead they were. She blamed himself for him being out there so long. She blamed herself for even considering the idea that he might have cheated. She blamed herself for even assisting in the invasion and giving Rue a chance to slip away. She. Blamed. Herself. She forced herself to stop talking, to try and regain enough composure to speak coherently.

"Thank you…" she finally settles on - knowing she's weak, knowing she's hurting this relationship. Gods, how can he be so patient with her? "I don't know how… how you can still deal with me…" she whispers, gold eyes still dead. There is no shine, little joy. She knows - deep down - that he loves her with all his soul. And she loves him with every fiber of her being. But, she still can't wrap her brain around it all… she can't figure out how someone so perfect got thrust in her direction and fell in love with her and her imperfections…

She sniffles, trying to stop the tears for a second before saying, "You and Rue…. You're all that's left of my heart." And if either of you were gone… there's no guarantee I'd still try and fight…
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res - by Resplendence - 06-16-2015, 08:23 PM