the Rift

[PRIVATE] So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
There was a hiss from Zarina and Valiance instantly moved closer. Quilyan shifted his weight, turning his body to press up against her barrel completely and cover her with the entirety of his right wing. Zarina was right? He said that she shouldn't blame herself but as he pulled her in closer and let her ear rest against his heart all she could say was, "I should have tried harder…"

There was a gentle nudge, his magic, creating a gentle lull to her mind. Not enough to erase all of her fears, but enough to ease some of them. She hiccups away a few tears and focuses on his heartbeat. Her heart-rate finally began to slow down, to match his and bring her trembling down to almost nothing. She's quiet as he says that he is home. And, she's silent for a few moments after that.

It is only when everything calms down in her body that she says anything again. "I'll try not to worry…" she whispers, though she knows that it's easier said than actually done. Then, she began to shift out from under his wing. "We need sleep… You need sleep." she says, voice growing a little stronger. "I made a nook… out of one of the cells, right near the garden. Let's go sleep, Rue is there. You can see how much she's grown," she finished, a weak smile on her face as the gentle glow slowly began to spring back to life as she fell into ease with the normal relationship.

He was back. It would all be okay now, right?
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res - by Resplendence - 06-17-2015, 12:15 AM