the Rift

[OPEN] And Then There Were Two (Open)

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

'He worried, he protect her.' Eliana's voice is soft through their bond, more gentle than it typically was. She was cold, and no amount of fluffing her feathers was helping to warm her. She needed shelter, even if it meant enduring the assault of December's companion. 'Protect her, like me protect you..' she adds, and the words cause a smile to curve his lips. The night-dark bird had been his first saving grace in Helovia. December was, and is, the second. When the llama bolted in between him and December, ears back in clear anger and distress, he paused - not out of fear but out of respect. "It's alright. I can help her." he speaks gently, with warmth. After granting her companion a bit of time, his blue gaze returns to the mare - just in time to catch the smile on her pale face and the slight opening of her gray eyes. Stiffly, she shifts to a more upright position. Her soft sigh tickles his ears and after a moment, she speaks and without warning bursts into a coughing fit. Before he could react, however, she attempts to lift herself - only to collapse again. "Hey, hey... it's okay." he says softly, attempting to make his voice as soothing as possible. Hoping to keep the worry in his heart and out of his voice.

Moving towards her, he circles around to stand parallel to her. Facing the same direction, he lowers himself carefully, hoping to press his side against hers and drape his wing over her back - his feathers would help block out the cold. Eliana balances on his shoulders during the whole process but doesn't budge from her place - needing his warmth almost as much as December needs it. The cold seemed to radiate from her, furrowing his brow in concern. "It's alright, December." his voice is soft, almost a whisper; the warmth of his breath against the flesh of her cheek. He too, felt chilled from his travel but, fortunately, he hadn't been out as long as December had. Pressed against her as he was and sheltered by the cave, he could already feel himself warming.

With a toss of her head, she clears her throat and her voice - as she speaks once again - is as he had remembered it. He can't hold back the chuckle bubbling from deep within his chest. "Of course you're fine." he agrees with every ounce of sincerity he could contain. December isn't weak. Miykael had no doubt of that. "We'll get you warmed up in no time." he adds, roguishly - a smirk curving his dark lips. Then adds, more seriously, "I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner." So much had happened since he saw her last, so many things that he should have handled differently. His heart couldn't help but to rejoice at this lucky turn of events, however. Miykael had made a lot of mistakes but he could only thank the gods for sending him north when they did.

[Seriously...I <3 them.]

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@December
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-23-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 09-05-2015, 12:28 AM