the Rift

[OPEN] And Then There Were Two (Open)

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

Despite the frosty chill in the air and the snow falling heavily down outside their little cave, he felt warm. It was as though they were in their own little world; somewhere that wasn't frozen from winter but rather delightfully temperate like spring. He'd almost forgotten that it wasn't Birdsong yet. He'd almost forgotten exactly why he was so closely huddled with the grey mare. The silence that had enveloped them like a cozy blanket in the depths of winter, is suddenly broken. 'Carl.' she breathes 'Here. Now.', instantly jolting him back to the present. His bright blue gaze drifts to the mouth of the cave once again and he frowns. The grey mare, soft and supple against his side, not only needs warmth but food as well. Nourishment would help to warm her up, replenishing her body's resources to warm her blood. Their cave, however, is barren with it being so far north. Leaving her here was not an option he could risk, nor could he send his companion out alone. Reluctantly, he realizes they are stuck and that he's doing all he can. Knowing that she is as coherent as she is, softens the guilt and feelings of helplessness within. He wouldn't be Miykael, if it erased those feelings completely.

There is no reason why this mare doesn't deserve the very best but he simply cannot grant her the best in this particular situation. Not without risking any or all of their lives. And that is unacceptable.

Movement catches the corner of his eye and he turns towards it, noticing the slow approach of her companion. He can't help but smile at the young male's blatant display of stubbornness, though he says nothing. As the llama curls up on December's other side, he returns his attention to the grey mare. Her head presses against his cheek, calming the frantic nerves in his gut. She didn't deserve lies, words spoken just to ease the worries on her mind. She deserved the truth. Everyone did. So, no matter how anxious he was that she'd be upset with him; there was only one choice. The truth. What happened with Alysanne would always be his fault, at least in his mind. He certainly wasn't lily white in the whole affair, but neither was the moon doctor. Alysanne had lied to him - a white lie, with the best of intentions. A lie, however, is and always will be a lie. Miykael couldn't stay angry with her, though. He had lied, too. He'd messed with things, blocking negative memories from Alysanne's mind without ever telling her about it or asking her if that was what she'd wanted. He and Iona had made up her mind for her. That was wrong. So very wrong.

He and Alysanne would work things out. There is no doubt of that, but they will never be anything more than friends. They never really were.

After he finishes explaining his lengthy absence, he shifts and gazes into her steely eyes. His breath catches in his throat without him realizing it. His heart stutters in his chest, gently aching. The pessimist in him awaits the explosion, while the more rational part of him attempts to remain hopeful. They hadn't declared themselves an item, after all. They'd had a fling, they hadn't known whether it would go beyond that day. As she speaks, he exhales softly in relief. She isn't upset. She understands. The stallion doesn't even balk at her words. Instead, he takes note of some of the things she says. Loved her first and can be together? So, it wasn't just him? His lips curl faintly in a soft smile. His blue eyes sparkling with just a hint of mischief. The grey mare grows visibly flustered, glancing away anxiously before she starts backpedalling. At least it wasn't him, this time. With a great amount of effort he stifles the chuckle building up in  his chest, biting it back and swallowing it down.

"I came to the Falls to be with you." he responds, hoping to calm her nerves. His reasoning had nothing to do with the Moon Goddess. Nothing to do with whom had gone where. It did, however, have everything to do with December. He had to join the Falls, to be where she was and to explore whatever he'd felt sparking between himself and the grey mare. Suddenly, she whips her head around and shoves the llama away. He waits patiently for them to work it out and within mere moments, December's attention is back on him. He offers her a tender smile when she speaks. In fairness, he hasn't the slightest clue what that would be like. Eliana hasn't ever outright attacked him. She was a gentle soul, most of the time. The zephyr rarely ever resorted to physical attacks but mental attacks were not beneath her. "Fortunately," he begins, moving forward to attempt to press his lips to her cheek, briefly, then pulling back once again. "you have me." He concludes then shifts his gaze to the wound on her ankle. Blue eyes focus intently as he pulls forth the light in his heart. A ball of warm, glowing light forms over her wound. After a few moments it dissipates and he returns his attention to the mare. The stallion remains silent, finding little use for words in that moment. Instead, he simply awaits her response, hoping the llama wouldn't simply bite her again. Huddled on his upper back, Eliana fluffs her feathers in an effort to warm herself a bit more and her silver eyes glare daggers at the llama curled against the mare. Silence once again covers them but it isn't uncomfortable. These silent moments with December weren't awkward. They were just comfortable and easy, bringing a lightness to the stallion's heart that has been nonexistent since his youth.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@December
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-23-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 09-05-2015, 12:28 AM