the Rift

| this is my fight song | aw

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

The tree cover was returning in the Threshold with Birdsong. Though it was new growth, not quite as thick as it would be by the end of the season. Long strides carry the giant though the trunks, and he tended to skirt the thicker forest in favor of the thinner trees. A glimmer of pearl caught his eye, and he paused ambling gait. Thick ears perk, deep blue gaze looking through the trees at the creature.

She was captivating. Pearl blending to teals and blues of the sea. A glinting black horn contrasted starkly against the pale ice of her face, and an amulet of the sun winked at him from her neck. He took a half step towards her, only to abruptly halt as more movement caught his eye.

However, this being was dark and unfortunately familiar. Alexander. Eyes narrow and dislike turns them cold and glassy, creasing his brow and stealing the usual good humor from his face. Is he here to trap another unsuspecting mare in a lurid, disgusting agreement of sexual slavery?

He starts to walk once more, only to hear ‘Alexander’ introduce himself as ‘Caleb.’ What? This mere colt was full of lies.

His pause allowed another mare, cream and delicately laced with rose accents. ‘Resplendence,’ his eyes seek out the clicking winged dragon, ‘Valiance’. The named seemed so appropriate for the handsome beast, as Tembovu watched it perch in the trees above.

Then a small filly, covered in the boils he had seen on other from the Blood Falls battle, appeared on Resplendence’s heels. Her happy demeanor and playful words brought back a smile and chuckle to the mammoth, as he slowly emerged from the trees. He could not help it in the presence of such an endearing youngster- for foals would always be his weakness.

He nodded a greeting, a small and lopsided grin on his large muzzle, towards the two mares. He drops his head to the filly’s level, “Little one, I’m sorry to say that us boring adults are not playing just yet,” a mock-sorrow covered his face as his deep voice rumbled to the spritely foal.

Raising his great head, he returned his attention to the two mares, “Hello, I Tembovu. I overhead your and your handsome companion’s name, Resplendence,” he bobbed his massive horn towards them, “But I did not catch yours…?” He turns his deep blue gaze to the striking newcomer, deep voice ending slightly higher as he implies the question of her name.

Finally, when his rudeness had been clearly and silently stated, he gave a single, cursory glance to the colt and his cur. “Caleb,” his voice dropped the dual syllables as if they were filthy. And the barest hint of sarcasm implied how immature the elephant found giving false names.

But he said no more, for the Threshold was a place to welcome new arrivals and help them start blank slates. Not drag them into existing feuds. Though he could not help the chill that emanated from his huge form towards the winged hybrid. And it was obvious that he had placed his large bulk somewhat between Caleb and the others- as if to shield them from any devious deals he intended on making.
image credits
- table by Niki -

ooc| I hope you don't mind Bovu sticking his big self into this XD
@Reizend @Caleb @Resplendence @Erthë

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
| this is my fight song | aw - by Reizend - 09-07-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Caleb - 09-07-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Erthë - 09-07-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Tembovu - 09-12-2015, 03:24 AM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Reizend - 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Caleb - 09-13-2015, 08:01 PM