the Rift

| this is my fight song | aw

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Though Tembovu pays Caleb no mind other than a sideways reproving glance as he accuses the elephant of lying, a ripple of unease travels through the immense stallion as Caleb offers to take the little Erthe with him. He shifts his mass restlessly, eyes traveling between the winged man and the bright, playful, self-assured foal.

He is surprised by the amount of relief that courses through him as Erthë inadvertently declines his offer- and so peppily. The relief helps offset the slight disappointment at the lovely Reizend already having a home. At the Falls. But with Midas? Wasn’t that the lead who fell around the invasions…?

His line of thought was confirmed as the delicate Resplendence (was she missing an ear?) gently told of the untimely demise of the lead who pre-dated the elephant’s time in Helovia. Though, by the sadness in Resplendence’s face and clear adoration in Reizend’s, he must have been a great lead— one Bovu would have liked to meet.

Whilst Resplendence shifted away from Reizend in order to give her space to process woeful words, the elephant was inclined to step towards the sea painted mare. He could offer only his warmth and mass, and he emanated calming comfort. Perhaps the mare would prefer distance, but that was against the great stallion’s nature.

So, unconsciously, he shifted towards the creamy aqua woman. His motions allowed Caleb back into the circle. “I am sorry, Reizend,” he murmured the words. Though he knew how empty they were— for how many times had he heard that phrase after finding his dead mate and son? Though the words, themselves, were meaningless, the weight and tone with which he said them held both gravity and emotion. Lines creased his brow and his eyes grew dark as they watched for the inevitable grief.

His eyes and ears flick once to the foal as she asks a simple, yet so complicated, question. Indeed, why did equines invade and wage war? His gaze glances to Resplendence, for she is likely the best candidate to answer these questions (though perhaps this was not the most opportune time), before resting on Reizend once more. “I believe they did it to leave the Moon Goddess, Erthe,” his voice is quiet and rumbling, now, “And leave the Edge. There are many things adults do when faced with powers they do not accept,” his voice was haunted now, “Some good, some terrible.”

He continues to watch Reizend, waiting to see what he could do for the mare once the news sunk in. He lowers his head to her level, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Reizend

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
| this is my fight song | aw - by Reizend - 09-07-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Caleb - 09-07-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Erthë - 09-07-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Tembovu - 09-12-2015, 03:24 AM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Reizend - 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Caleb - 09-13-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: | this is my fight song | aw - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 03:46 AM