the Rift

Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure!

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Uh, so RE posted in the swp thread, and Ophelia didn't get infected. This might just be dice, but it could also have to do with something she has/did. She does have a lot of light magic, so maybe it really is that?

Would be interesting to check it out, Erthë would love to meet someone with light/fire magicks and try things out! :)

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Erebos is immune. Has has lots of magics and:
- Unicorn
- Male
- Kitsune, mythical, plain (Dark Illusions)

:: [ Magic: Dark | Can manipulate the powers of corruption (dark elemental magic) for means of combat purposes on others especially when around other dark magic users ]
:: [ Restrictions | Effects can take a variety of forms and only lasts 30 seconds in battle and the magic will slowly lose potency after one use against the same opponent ]
:: [ Magic: DarkxFire | Ability to cause combustion upon touch ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can only choose one area in which to burn at one time, causes intense damage in a dinner plate sized area ]
:: [ Magic: Water (P) | Able to walk on water ]
:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle ]

I will PM Heater and see if she can't have Erebos "accidentally" touch Rikyn and burn the shit out of him. :D

What else are friends for?

OH OR OR I will be letting you guys know. :3

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Mesec is also immune.
- Tribred
- Male
- Zephyr, mythic, royal (5 mo., no ability)
- Magic
- Throat

:: [ Magic: Dark (U) | able to teleport through shadow and shroud himself in it to disappear ]
:: [ Restrictions | May be used to evade an attack or travel quickly across the battlefield and can turn invisible for 20 seconds at a time ]
:: [ Magic: Dark | Unwillingly transforms into a shadow beast during which he does not remember the events ]
:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful, rending him immobile for 10 seconds and the beast form is still solid ]
:: [ Magic: Dark (P) | Demi-god ability: minor healing ability using shadows ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can only heal minor injuries on themselves ]

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Is now of the opinion is it either being a dude or straight Dark magic with no hybridization.

Wishlist - Plots

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20761

RE was unsure about milo's getting sick. Something to consider.

-goes away-

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
I was just about to say it's Dark magic that causes immunity, but Ophelia has no dark magic yet she was immune? It also seems to be transmitted simply by being looked at by someone with it ;o Seems to be a lot of unicorns that are immune as well.

Maybe Dark or Light magic folks are immune to it, but that doesn't help with what the cure could be :c

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ktulu has dark magic and she still got GLL so I don't think its dark magic that equals immunity

aud pixel!

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Maybe it doesn't effect the herd the goddess is patron of (Ophelia not contracting it)? Did any of Timey's underlings get the boils? Or anyone from the Edge get GLL?

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
You know, I think you're right Chimera. None of those initially infected were part of the current god's herd. But whether this just provides protection or is an initial effect I don't know, and I'm not sure if it affects what the cure might be. -strokes beard-

So far there haven't been any cases of relief from the symptoms, that I know of. I think we all need to just experiment more and keep tagging RE, so we get more solid clues. :3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Sometimes knowing more about immunity helps unveil the cure!

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
If the clue is salt in the wound - and the immunity based off of the Random Event is something that'll help unveil the cure, then maybe it has something to do with the Edge itself?

it's near the ocean so there's salt water. But Ki'irha was still infected even after drinking the salt water. So what it maybe it has something to do with the mist that surrounds the Edge? Like a salt water mist almost that you have to inhale?

Though I'm not sure why Erebos would be immune. D:
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ragnarok Posts: 5
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hands :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Anyone else that wants to try Ragnarok's smoke you're welcome to join! Here

We have temporary relief! I will try to peruse through to see what might be an "unusual" occurrence. :3

- Kaj uses magic. (Spark) Stands alone so would not affect anyone. :3
- Cera prays for relief to the Sun God, mentioning only Sun God.
- Thantos has some passive glowy action (not listed under assets - dunno what type it is or if it has a type). Mentions Evaneska and ??, also stands very close to them.
- Maren uses mist magic (sun/earth) and prays to the Sun God. Stands alone after greeting several characters.

These are the only "unusual" things that I see happening in between Ophelia being unaffected and the update that someone could have been healed (but wasn't) D:.

Ophelia
- Mare
- Unicorn
- Dragon (Frost and Shock Breath)
- WE
:: [ Magic: Light (U) | Can steal and experience the memories of others and actively block her own memories from being seen and tampered with. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can predict outcome of attack or defense and keep others with mental magic out of her head; reading minds requires permission in non battle threads. ]
:: [ Magic: Light (U) | Can make others forget her by removing their memories or can remove entire blocks of memory. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can make her opponent temporarily lose their memory of her position in battle or lose concept entirely of their location, battle plans, etc. ]
:: [ Magic: Light | Able to speak into the minds of others to communicate telepathically. ]
:: [ Restrictions | The character must be nearby and communication lasts only 20 seconds in battle. ]
:: [ Magic: Light (P) | Droplets of rain like blood run down her coat when she is angry; is nearly completely blood-red when furious. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle. ]

Wishlist - Plots

All characters listed as immune also have companions.

Wishlist - Plots

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
How many immune belong to the Worlds Edge? That's the Moon herd so that might protect them.

Just Ophelia so far.

Erebos is Basin, Mesec is the Throat.

Though I do think it would make sense that patron characters could not contract the disease - however, characters from the Basin who did not contract BFB more than likely did not get it because our post count award for the month was immunity to disease.

This month there is also the reduced chance of catching disease among AB characters, which I think should be remembered as its probably keeping a lot of unicorns from catchin' the GLL.

Wishlist - Plots

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Ode got GLL--so it's not an immunity, just a lower chance. I think mesec might be immune because Demigod.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
So knowing about immunity will lead to an answer. The RE said that there was slight relief, but many were not close enough to feel it.

Maybe it's like herd immunity. Surrounding yourself with the healthy helps maintain immunity? There are a few exceptions to that, but it's an idea. And those who approached the sun God and were healed, or avoided infection.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Demigods can still catch it, because didn't Aithniel catch both?

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Yeah, Aithniel caught both. :3

Wishlist - Plots