the Rift

Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
If someone says they have magic but its not listed on the records/asset tab admin/re will ignore it since it is not 'official' yet, even if they do actually have it, just FYI.

Also passive magic cannot cure/relieve others, but could affect yourself!
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Aithniel is a demigod, yes, but she is not the child of the two gods we have been involved with so far :3

Also, there was some relief in Ode/Volterra's thread "Wolf Like Me" before Ode was infected.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Blu so helpful. <3

Also Time you are genius I hadn't thought of it that way :o

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ode is using this magic in that thread:

:: [ Magic: DarkxLight (P) | able to live forever, though all pain is still felt and a killing blow will cause unconsciousness for several days as the body recovers ]
:: [ Restrictions | can be killed by complete decapitation only; recovering from an injury the scars are left and in moonlight the wounds are revealed as new; during a full and new moon they are felt as fresh ]

(though he obv. still negates magic and, it is potentially this ability at play. :| )

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Isopia also caught GLL and she's a demi-god.

Ooh Vol got temporary relief in his thread with Ode.

As Bunnie says, Ode has Dark x Light passive magic, but Blu says passive magic only affects yourself so that wouldn't be the reason for Vol getting relief. Maybe it's Ode's other magic, which is pure Dark? But I just can't see the cure for GLL being essentially the same as the cure for BFB, the magic of the God in the land :c

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
My point about demi-gods is I don't think they're infected in their parent's land. :3

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
What about the possibility of it being opposites that cure?
Sun God is Light/Fire magic

So perhaps dark magic can cure someone with light based magic? Or something along those lines?
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
If anyone wants to try lightxdark magic as a cure, my boy Miykael has appropriate magic and I'd be open to a thread. :D Just let me know.

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Mik could come to the birthing thread in the falls and try to heal archibald/others? For sure archi--idk about the others--but there a bunch of infected people in that thread. :)

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Eden, Rikyn, and Ki'irha are also in a thread together, all three infected. I'm with Time - if it works, the more at once the merrier. xD

Wishlist - Plots

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Sure thing! I'll send him to the thread in the Falls first to try. If it works, I'll send him to other groups. :D
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
I didn't read back (SORRY)

But "salt in the wound" is not a clue to actual salt xP

Iso is still infected even after going into the salty ocean: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20...#pid153929

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Rubbing salt in a wound can also be a metaphor for making things worse. Perhaps its almost like a double edged sword? I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but.. yeah.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
dern it look who got GLL :|
Sacre can suck the blood out of your body with his dark x water magic >_> if anyone wants to try that lol

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
I bet it's something terrible like consuming the salted flesh of a dead horse's lung that was affected. >.>

Or something also awful like breathing in salt. Or salt on the affected areas? Eyes? >.>

I saw the post that said it is not literally salt, but historical or text references may give some clues.

Potential clue help:

Rubbing salt in the wound and its variants is also an idiom. It's making things worse than it is. When you get dumped and your s/o says they hate you, they're rubbing salt in the wound. Perhaps revisiting the source in GLL? Perhaps we need to spread it to many as possible?

Some information about salting wounds literally & history (which might give clues):

http://www.tribunes.com/tribune/sel/worm.htm

"Sodium Chloride (NaCl), or "table salt" is a antibacterial agent, so it might help to prevent infection. Salty water will cause liquids to move out of cells (whether those are human, or bacterial) when they come into contact with it. This process is called osmosis. If high enough salt concentrations force the osmosis, it can dehydrate cells and cause them to die. (This is also why salt can be used to preserve meat) Much evidence has been found that throughout history, salt was actively used in order to prevent infections of wounds."

"It hurt like hell at least. So it FEELS worse, no matter if it's good for the wounds or not."

The worse it gets, the more successful the recover from GLL? Perhaps we need to travel to GLL and expose ourselves.

"I read the first two quotes as equivalent - saying "Salt causes pain. It can be used to deliberately cause pain." I read the third quote as saying "Salt causes pain. Salt can be used to promote healing." I predict (without evidence) the most likely answer is both/all are true."

A hint? The cure causes intense pain, but can also be healing.

Biblical references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_in_the_Bibl
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
What the cure isn't - salt water anything (water, air, consumed), dark magic, not sure what else has been tried. Has anyone tried the LightxDark magic yet? And have we found a concrete accessible thing that the immune have in common?

Hints are the salt in the wound thing, and to learn about immunity. Herd immunity is a thing, but it seems like GLL just infects the healthy around the infected characters. Maybe the infected need to be "outcasted?" Then it supports herd immunity, because those who are susceptible are protected by healthy herd menbers, AND salt in the wound because not only are the characters feeling like dying, but now they're exiled, too?
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Idk if anyone has had dark/light yet. @Mikyael ?

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Looks like @Mikyael 's magic was only a temporary fix... but at least we're closer to an answer. Maybe it needs to be a damaging LightxDark attack (make it worse before better) to be fully effective?
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Let's wait to see if Mik's magic healed Archi after Archi's responding to it.

Archibald was cured using darkxlight magic!!

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me