the Rift

Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure!

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
I bet it's something terrible like consuming the salted flesh of a dead horse's lung that was affected. >.>

Or something also awful like breathing in salt. Or salt on the affected areas? Eyes? >.>

I saw the post that said it is not literally salt, but historical or text references may give some clues.

Potential clue help:

Rubbing salt in the wound and its variants is also an idiom. It's making things worse than it is. When you get dumped and your s/o says they hate you, they're rubbing salt in the wound. Perhaps revisiting the source in GLL? Perhaps we need to spread it to many as possible?

Some information about salting wounds literally & history (which might give clues):

http://www.tribunes.com/tribune/sel/worm.htm

"Sodium Chloride (NaCl), or "table salt" is a antibacterial agent, so it might help to prevent infection. Salty water will cause liquids to move out of cells (whether those are human, or bacterial) when they come into contact with it. This process is called osmosis. If high enough salt concentrations force the osmosis, it can dehydrate cells and cause them to die. (This is also why salt can be used to preserve meat) Much evidence has been found that throughout history, salt was actively used in order to prevent infections of wounds."

"It hurt like hell at least. So it FEELS worse, no matter if it's good for the wounds or not."

The worse it gets, the more successful the recover from GLL? Perhaps we need to travel to GLL and expose ourselves.

"I read the first two quotes as equivalent - saying "Salt causes pain. It can be used to deliberately cause pain." I read the third quote as saying "Salt causes pain. Salt can be used to promote healing." I predict (without evidence) the most likely answer is both/all are true."

A hint? The cure causes intense pain, but can also be healing.

Biblical references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_in_the_Bibl
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Messages In This Thread
Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Cathun - 09-14-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Evaneska - 09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Evaneska - 09-17-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Evaneska - 09-19-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Imonada - 09-21-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - by Evaneska - 10-05-2015, 12:53 AM