the Rift

Up in the air [open]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

He'd reached a new level of exhaustion ever since he discovered that his magic could help those suffering from the foreign illness. What many can't and won't understand is that he's never been happier. Despite the throbbing pain in his skull and illness ravaging his own lungs, he is useful and he is helping. The black goo stains his pale face; oozing from the corners of his eyes, dripping from his nostrils and staining his lips. But none of that matters. He coughs and hacks, his lungs feel wet and heavy, rasping each breath with a rattling in his chest. But that does little to stop him. Out of necessity, it merely slows him down and keeps him predominantly grounded; the obvious decrease in his lung capacity being a major culprit.

After curing one more of the black mess in the Heavenly Fields, he settled into the tall grasses for a brief respite. There, with his large white wings folded at his sides and the sun shining upon his back, he dozed. Although his bonded had fled after his collapse in the Thistle Meadow, fearing he'd kill himself trying to eradicate this damned disease, when his blue eyes opened he found the dark zephyr curled up beside him. Silver eyes blink once before meeting his eyes but there are no words. He knows her fears and she knows his stubbornness and determination. There is nothing the bird can do now but be with him for moral support (and to seek a healer should he really do himself in - Eliana still isn't willing to overlook that possibility). Miykael's expression softens and the two press their foreheads together in a tender show of affection. After a few moments, Eliana pulls back and hops up onto his back - her dark beak preening and playing with his long, dark mane. The healer then rises and turns to head down once more.

Once again he slips past the Falls, not out of avoidance or some sort of messed up sense of loyalty - and he is loyal to them - but instead because it finally occurred to him that anyone new to Helovia would likely be in danger, too. He hadn't cured everyone. Some still remain and few herds would be likely to put a pause on recruiting until their health improves and then there's the outcasts, of course. The threshold simply isn't safe.

Miykael moves as quickly as he can, his ears had become far more sensitive since the symptoms hit him with full force. Perhaps it is merely his body compensating for the complete lack of smell and the blurred vision, or perhaps it is some sort of strange benefit of the disease. Regardless, he found he could hear noises at greater distances than he ever thought possible and it is quick, too. It allows him to easily track and follow any sound he chooses to hone in on. So as he nears the threshold, worn out but still as pleasant as he always was, he hears three very different strides and steps - one small, one medium, and one large. As he moves closer, however, it becomes evident that the three are on the move. With his acute hearing, he tracks them to the small clearing.

"Hello." he greets them more cheerfully than anyone in his current state had any right to be. "Pardon my intrusion. My name is Miykael, healer of the Hidden Falls." his voice is deep, though far more raspy than it usually is thanks to the illness. He dips his head slightly in a show of respect and politeness before allowing his slightly blurred gaze to drift over the three. None of them look instantly familiar but when his gaze drops to the pale filly his heart sinks. The black goo stains her face, just as it does his. A frown tugs at his stained lips as he fights back the urge the cough. "This illness, it's foreign and highly contagious." Despite the pain tugging at his heart and the desperation he felt to heal the small girl, he turns his gaze to the other two. "If you are not sick yet, you are at risk. I... I have the cure, I just can't use it on myself." he explains, allowing his sky blue gaze to gauge their reactions. The starry zephyr simply watches from her place upon his back, her silver eyes peering at them cautiously.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Random Event

GLL - has hearing of an owl but cannot smell and vision is slightly blurry.
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Erthë - 10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Erthë - 10-04-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Random Event - 10-04-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-06-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Miykael - 10-06-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Random Event - 10-07-2015, 08:29 AM