the Rift

Up in the air [open]

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
     Watching the alabaster filly try and compare her wings, the raven hued mare was briefly cast back to her time as a youngling. How she'd compare her small, down covered wings to her mothers seemingly never ending ones, hoping one day hers would be just as big if not entirely eclipse Urania's. The memory was enough to soothe her critical gaze and first impression of Erthë somewhat.

"One day, you'll have wings as big as mine," Nephele offered, stretching her own as far as they could go, which wasn't very far as they only lifted a fraction of the way off of her sides, "and I'm sure your mother isn't far away from us, if you thought I was her."

Tembovu's reply was met with a swivel of her pierced ear, a questioning look misting her cerulean and gold eyes but she didn't press any further. While she wasn't good at reading people as well as her surroundings, she knew when to move on from a line of conversation on to the next. Nodding in response, she offered him a lopsided smile. "I did, I didn't leave Helovia entirely until about nearly two years ago. My mother and I were a part of one of the small roaming herds, I grew up between the Deep Forest and the Flats." It's a bittersweet memory, considering her mother was no longer alive to welcome her back to her homeland.

The bitter part didn't have time to sink in, as two more strangers made themselves known. Tembovu's jesting wink paired with his bemusing admission he was the odd one out, had earned an amused snort from the large mare. She could tell her tales later, there was more pressing matters to attend to, they had new comers in their mist.

Miykael was a sorry sight to her eyes, he looked weathered beyond the years his face carried. "Nephele." She offers with a small nod of her head, taking care not to let her long forelock obscure her vision — he seemed sincere and pleasant, but she could never be too sure. The next words he spoke, however, had her insides twist in a small bout of panic. The sap like substance which stained Erthë's face as well as his own, she was at risk of it herself — if she hadn't already contracted it. She couldn't ignore the apparently injustice of Miykael's predicament, as Tembovu had voiced. "It seems almost too cruel of the gods to do such a thing, why would they bless you with the cure, but not allow you to use it on yourself?"

Odd coloured eyes peer at the Dunskin and the Dark Bay mare respectively, now the small bay has appeared. It takes a few moments more before she realizes that she has three different herdlands in her presence, two of which are outwardly vying for her recruitment and the third offering to cure her and the little fawn in their presence. Indecision had never been apart of her, but she can't help but feel a small bout of uncertainty on where she would end up — it was in the end her choice, and her choice alone after all.

Nephele takes the mammoth stallions greeting to Megaera as a sign she poses no threat, ears pricking forward once more as she offers her a welcoming nod and introduced herself. "Nephele." Falling silent when Meg makes a comment of the Throat being a better fit, Neph's only sound is a mirthful laugh when Meg's light hearted jibe about the throat is met with Tembovu's own humor. Neph has heard of the throat, through her old herds tales and her mothers own brand of story telling in her youth, her own travels had never taken her south to the sun touched isles, something which she regrets to a degree, and so her old herdmates and Urania's stories had been all she knew of it. It was a island mostly inhabited by Pegasus, and the homeland of her father, if anything, her heart pulled towards the desert oasis.

Her thoughts are pulled from her choice by Erthë's sudden burst of speech, prompting a surprised look to invade her dark features, she had been so quiet Nephele had almost forgotten she was there. Thick neck lowering so she could glance curiously at the filly curled around Tembovu's legs, her ear turning towards Tembovu's rumbling voice. Watching the black sap weep from the foals eyes and nose for a few moments, Nephele made up her mind. "If Miykael is up to the task, I would rather he try and heal her first." She stated, turning her head towards the Dunskin stud, then to Megaera and finally Tembovu. "Then myself, but like Tembovu said, I don't want you to overtax yourself."

@Tembovu @Miykael @Megaera @Erthë

Messages In This Thread
Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Erthë - 10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-04-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Erthë - 10-04-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Random Event - 10-04-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Nephele - 10-06-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Up in the air [open] - by Miykael - 10-06-2015, 11:24 PM