the Rift

[PRIVATE] every little thing you want nobody to know

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
The sun beat down onto her ivory back, it's burning embrace did little to turn her shame into smouldering embers. A tear leaked from the corner of her eye, golden gaze turned inwards, gazing at her icy soul while her ears listening to nothing but the unrelenting thoughts of self-doubt. Was she nothing but a traitor? Had she completely failed in life? What was the point of even continuing? The future seemed bleak for someone who abandoned the only home she'd known, who had nothing to show for her years of service and loyalty. It seemed that all she's achieved was a relationship that had hardly lasted a season, two dead children whose ghosts still haunted her frozen dreams and a shattered soul. What was the point in even continuing past this point? Each time she thought she'd hit rock bottom the universe decided to just push her further down. Not even Wynter had been able to rouse her from this broken state. The tears ran down her cheeks in a steady stream. 

Intending to continue forwards the mare was confused to be brought to an abrupt stop. Antlers had become tangles in the low hanging branched and vines. Of course. Before she would have been gentle, unwinding the vines and leaving them intact, this time however she simply tugged her head pulling the vines and branches out, leaving them tangled in her antlers. Wynter called softly to her weaving in between her once again moving limbs. "Hush." The doe whispered to her companion, soothing the worried feelings that flowed through the bond. Sighing to herself Arah finally looked up and studied the surrounding area, spotting a lone figure not too far ahead. Most ignored her, hopefully this stranger would also just let her slip past. 

Yet as she drew closer she recognised the figure, the shock froze her in place. Mind going blank the doe simply stood there staring at Kaj, it was as if her mind and feelings had simply gone numb. Everything about him was so familiar except for the...was he crying? Swallowing Arah wondering if he should just leave him alone in peace, "Kaj." It was a quiet whisper, yet to her own surprise Arah heard a tiny spark of joy in her voice. Looking around as if unsure the dow approached him a little more slowly, the tears on her own cheeks still glistening under the burning sun. His broken words floated over to her, it seemed that his own demons involved failure and shame. Head drooping low Arah adverted her eyes, knowing exactly how he felt but doubting that she could be of any assistance. After all, wasn't the doe herself was too broken herself to even think of patching up another? Maybe they could help each other, perhaps it was the understanding of another that Arah needed. Yet she craved to hear his voice, wanted it to pull her away from the darkness. Wanted his strength to hold her away from the grasping claws of her demons. 

Selfish. 

Arah
I hope all will be well. 
We must be patient; but I cannot choose but weep to think they would lay him i' th' cold ground.

@Kaj
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: every little thing you want nobody to know - by Arah - 10-18-2015, 12:09 AM