the Rift

[PRIVATE] Walk on the wild side!

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull

Honey eyes turned upward, and for a moment, Gull hesitated, wondering if she would be happy to see him. They were familiar to each other of course, but he remembered how last time they had nearly become intimately so. When she had turned him down, he hadn’t taken it personally—one never could with these things, and anyway Gull was a firm believer in the old adage of “If at first you don’t succeed…” But she was a creature made of different stuff than he, and though he knew that she could take care of herself, he had also seen the part that was soft and sweet. Had his baser instincts put a strain on the friendship that had sprung up between them?

But he needn’t have worried, for when she shot him that million-dollar smile, he knew that things between them were more than all right. “Oh Gull, I’ve missed you,” she greeted him. The affection in her tone took him by surprise, but even as he arched his brows, he rumbled a warm nicker in return—because really, who was he to complain? At his inquiry, she merely laughed gaily and tipped her head towards her haunch, displaying her latest battle scar. “Mmm,” he murmured, walking round to inspect the wound. “I should see the other guy, right?” he joked, leaning closer—perhaps just enough for his whiskers to tickle her skin, should she not shy. “But that’ll be quite the scar, Firebug. Hope it isn’t too tender,” he added, grinning wickedly as he sauntered back around to face her once more.

“You sound so much better,” the mare remarked mildly, shifting the conversation away from herself. “What, was the rasp not doing it for you?” he replied, grimacing in mock offense before laughing good-naturedly. “But you’re right, beautiful, I’m fit as a fiddle. It takes more than a cold to bring the likes of me down!” He crowed the last bit, still jubilant in his own survival. And it seemed that the playful mood was contagious, for the mare drew closer, skimming the velvet of her lips along the crest of his neck to tug on his mane. Though this too surprised him, he took it in stride, reaching out with his own muzzle to nibble at her forelock should she allow it. “And what about you, Firebug?” he asked blue eyes seeking her amber ones. “I’d imagine that it would take quite a lot to bring you down,” he commented lightly, letting the innuendo hang in the air between them. If at first you don't succeed, indeed.

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

@Parelia
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Walk on the wild side! - by Parelia - 11-16-2015, 05:29 AM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Gull - 11-18-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Parelia - 11-19-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Gull - 11-28-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Parelia - 12-04-2015, 02:52 AM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Gull - 12-05-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: Walk on the wild side! - by Parelia - 12-14-2015, 04:30 AM