the Rift

[OPEN] just for a moment, let's be still

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Let's write our name in lightning among the stars
Quickly, don't let them see you!

The journey wasn't as long as he'd feared, though still a bit longer than his healing body really liked. Never the most co-ordinated of children, Zero stumbled his way behind Isopia, resolutely determined to keep pace despite his dismally short legs. He ignores the discomfort by listing the million questions and things he wants to say, running them over in his head- are you okay? Where are we going? How long have you been a bird? Can you be anything else? What's it like having a companion? What's your dragon's name? Are you mad? I'm a little mad maybe but mostly relieved?

He almost didn't realize that she'd stop, and when he did he had to scramble to bring himself to a standstill without jostling his wing too hard. No luck.. For a moment little spikes of pain sent bright lights flickering in his eyes (would that ever get better?) and the boy groaned, shaking his head, trying to clear away the pain. When he opened them... well, let's just say his jaw hung slack for a minute as he struggled, amazed, to take everything in.

I won't describe what he saw. You know all that. What I will tell you is that Zero's expression could only be described as a cross between stunned amazement and sheer awe, with curiosity and a little disbelief thrown in for good measure. He didn't here what Iso had to say about leads, didn't even really see as she changed from a bird back into a horse right in front of him (he was gonna have to ask her about that later). His attention was caught and held by the amazing home his friend had made herself, the craftsmanship and ingenuity of it all.

"Wow!" the lightning boy breathed yelled, and the single word seemed to echo through the clearing, reflecting everything on his face in his bright, buoyant voice.

Finally he turned to Isopia, sunbeam eyes filled up with delight. "Iso, is this where you live? This is so cool! What's that-" he gestured to the hut "An' tha- ouch!" In his enthusiasm he'd tried to gesture toward the tub with his wing, and the pain that ripped through him brought an ugly expression of agony streaking across his face.

It also reminded him of why he was here, of what had happened, and his face fell slightly as he turned back to face his friend, just as she began to speak again.

I didn't know if your Ma would let you. And there was the thing, right there, the part he didn't really want to talk about because he didn't really understand himself- because he wasn't mad at Ma for being mad, but Iso seemed to be. "No," he answered softly, brows furrowing across his small, dark face. "I mean- I didn't tell Ma I was comin'. But I- I mean she- she's not mad. Not at you. Not even at me, really..." he tapered off, struggling to compose his thoughts. This was harder than he expected, and he really just wanted to be knowing more about her magic and her companion and giving her the golem he made (where was Squishy anyway?). Why'd all this drama have to hang between them?

Why'd she have to pick a fight with Ma?

"I mean she was mad at me, but it was 'cus she was scared, I think, an' I mean I was scared too. It was kinda stupid-" and here he grinned sheepishly, looking up at his much larger friend with a mixture of embarrassment and angry self-deprecation. Did she understand? All he wanted was for her to forgive his Ma, and to forgive him, for taking the belief she'd placed in him and (literally) just falling on his face. And for her to know how much it meant.

"Um... you believed in me, though, an', um, well, it means a lot an' you're a really good friend, Iso, an..." and he stopped, finally eloquent-ed-out, done trying to put complicated feelings into words- and stepped forward against her side, pressing himself against her and trying (fruitlessly) to wrap her up in a hug, his chin just reaching her withers, the sincere ferocity of it far more eloquent than anything else he may have said.
image credits

Messages In This Thread
just for a moment, let's be still - by Zèklè - 11-21-2015, 03:51 PM
RE: just for a moment, let's be still - by Isopia - 11-23-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: just for a moment, let's be still - by Isopia - 12-21-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: just for a moment, let's be still - by Zèklè - 01-31-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: just for a moment, let's be still - by Isopia - 02-03-2016, 03:48 PM