the Rift

Thirteen Sad Farewells

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Sirens and smoke remind us

As Ghost gazed at the familiar bay, her eyes tracing her tangled mane, she couldn’t help but be dragged back in time. Essetia was part of a memory that brought both a sense of warmth and cold, it brought forth feelings for a family long disbanded and reminded her of a crushing defeat that still stung, if it was a little duller than it once was. Even as the mare’s lips turn upwards into a smile Ghost wondered what would have happened to them if she had protected Essetia better from the clutches of the North. For a moment she was silent whilst she gathered her thoughts and reeled in her befuddled emotions, reminding herself it was now some seasons ago and Essetia may have quite rightfully moved on. "They’re not bad company" she replied thoughtfully as her gaze dropped to Fantôme and she laughed just a little; the friendship was nice, but as she wrinkled her nose, the smell she wouldn’t miss.

"Like I’d forget" Ghost chided her gently as she felt the gentle touch of the mare on her shoulder and in a moment all of the tension in the banshee’s body washed away. Perhaps she was worrying for nought, though appearing worse for wear, Essetia seemed to be in fine spirit. "You too Essetia, I wish I had found you earlier" as the honest words fell, a sad smile curled onto her lips and Ghost gave her a look of apology as she stepped away. There was a lot Ghost regretted these days, but at least they had this moment to reunite now, when things were a little more peaceful and less chaotic.

The conversation is turned back to wolfish matters and Ghost automatically cast her eyes down to her bonded, who was sat staring at the white wolf in a strange, feral kind of tension. "His name is Fantôme" she replied as the dog jolted to his feet when Romul came bouncing forwards. He jittered on the spot, his muscles tensing, as the elder wolf got nearer. Ghost dragged her gaze away from the pair and left them to the matters only wolves could attend to. Besides, Essetia had already started talking again and the spy listened intently until another broke into the fray.

Elsa!

Ghost watched the alabaster girl in disbelief at the sudden reunion of lost souls who were once part of the same family. It appeared fate was having fun with them today. The banshee watched her bird friend with amusement, finding a relatable humour in the familiarity of their relationship, though she was quite glad that Fantôme couldn’t land on her neck… Or, well, Ghost hoped he wouldn’t try such a thing, her neck was slim and fragile enough as it was.

Moving onwards, where had she been?

"The Wilds for a long time, that thick-skulled barbarian Archibald almost killed me, I had some healing to do and I found little of our old herd afterwards" she grumbled and shivered, remembering the fight with a bitter taste. "Now I’ve found shelter in the Dragons Throat, it feels better to not be… Alone" she admitted, more to herself than anyone else. She looked to each of them in turn with a little sorrow entering her gaze "I know it might not be much now, but I’m sorry anyway. I was too weak to protect you all" she sighed, the feelings that had been plaguing her ever since it had happened finally put into words and into the open.

Finally, her eyes narrowed and her mood became more jovial as she looked at both of her former herd mates "where have you two been?!" she demanded. "What became of us" she thought with amusement "have you new homes to return to?" if not, Ghost would drag them both back to the desert with her, by their ears if necessary. 

Maybe the world won't find us

@Elsa
@Essetia
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Essetia - 11-28-2015, 10:01 PM