the Rift

Thirteen Sad Farewells

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Sirens and smoke remind us

Ghost was a calm creature, often perceived as quite haughty and seemingly arrogant, she tried her best to appear perfectly non-descript and offered little in conversation. However, to these to mares she was different, her insecurities were written plain as day across her face and in her tone, she laid out her worries before them with great relief and finally she began to realise what the word friendship meant. To what degree they were friends or whether it was one sided, Ghost did not know, but she was suddenly thankful as a look of surprise flittered across her face when both mares reassured her, in their own way, that what had happened in their pasts, was not wholly her fault. For a while she remained silent, taking in this new feeling and turning her thoughts around in her mind. All her life she had been the shadow behind the crowd, no one took notice of her and, after a while, it got lonely back there. So it was with great bewilderment that she met this new feeling with a warm smile and she nodded to both, thankful for more than just their words. It had taken a whole invasion and a sudden reunion for Ghost to realise that it wasn’t power she sought, but recognition, not for great deeds and the like, but simple and warm acceptance; to be seen.

She smiled at both, taking their defiant strength to boost her own "how kind you both are to me" she laughed. "Perhaps living happily without a care is the best revenge we can serve for now" she added thoughtfully before letting the topic drop and flitter into the past. The banshee would still carry a certain amount of guilt, she felt like that was the right sentence for her, for losing their home when she had reigned Czarina.

After that she listened to Elsa and her story, her success in the Worlds Edge and the way she almost tried to explain herself, as if she was guilty of something. The Cadaverous was slightly surprised at first; it was almost funny, like they swapped lands. "Then the Edge gained an excellent General" she smiled reassuringly. She was not fond of the Edge, but her reasons for that were more personal and had nothing to do with the invasion, she would not burden Elsa with it. The banshee could not see herself living there despite the mysterious nature of it being right up her ally, it reminded her of her mother and no one wanted to be reminded of that witch. That had left her choices between that of the Basin and the Throat, though poking the nerves of the Basin sounded amusing, she refused to serve those who would tried to do her and those she loved harm. Which left the gruelling heat of the desert land. A dire choice, but it was better than the loneliness of the wilds.

"How is the Worlds Edge? The last I saw of it was before the invasion happened… who leads there now?" she asked Elsa with interest. Might as well do a little information gathering whilst she was here.

With that she turned to Essetia thoughtfully, wondering how she would take her next words "I had heard you were previously in the Throat, they gave me your old job" she paused before continuing "its a nice place, the sense of closeness is endearing, but the heat is murder with my coat" she mulled, she had gotten used to it, but it was nice to just complain sometimes. "I’m sure the desert land would welcome you back should you choose, it’d be nice to have an old friend around… and your health would benefit greatly" Ghost extended her offer to Essetia jovially playing into her joke, even though she was being warm and inviting, the banshee wondered if the equine might prefer the secrets of the Edge instead.

Meanwhile, Fantôme still dithered around Romul as the white touched his shoulder and the grey went to do the same, a cautious greeting of a feral kind.

HERPMG sorry for the wait!! D:

Maybe the world won't find us

@Elsa
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Essetia - 11-28-2015, 10:01 PM