the Rift

Thirteen Sad Farewells

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Sirens and smoke remind us

A certain name fell from Elsa’s tongue and Ghost visibly stiffened at it. The banshee had tried to make her peace with Mauja a while ago, she had no ill feelings towards him, and those kinds of emotions were troublesome and burdening. However, there was something eerily déjà vu like when Elsa mentioned his name amongst those who led, or maybe who had led, as if history was going to repeat itself. History liked doing that; Ghost had noticed. Except the old Worlds Edge she had never known, despite being born there, but her mother had offered her vapid descriptions of the once racist occupants which had been the reason Ghost had not been welcomed. It was her fault for bearing wings, her mother had never thought the wing thing would happen when she had pursued her father and her father was dead, so Ghost bore the brunt of her dam's annoyance. Yet, what interested her more was that Elsa bore no mark of a unicorn and yet she resided as their General? Perhaps Mauja’s philosophy had changed over the many years. Her body relaxed slowly, it sounded as if the Leadership of the Edge was in flux, her alabaster friend mentioned Tembovu, a name Ghost had never heard before. She made a mental note to remember in case this name should appear in passing conversation. If the Edge was growing quickly, it's influence would soon spread and the sprite was interested to know who was in charge of its revolution.

For a while, Ghost remained silent, letting Elsa finish her reply before moving her attention to Essetia, who seemed to note the new Edge Leaders name as well. Yet a small laugh couldn’t be helped when the equine asked if Gaucho still commanded the south. "You haven’t been gone long enough for anyone to dethrone that pre-historic oaf" she snorted "I wonder if he gets bored…" the banshee’s words trailed off into thought. Maybe she’d ask him one day if all that fire and muscle made his life infinitely interesting or did even the great Wildfire have mind numbingly boring days too?

Finally, in a flourish of surprise and warmth on Ghost’s part, Essetia made her decision to follow the Cadaverous back to the Throat. The Banshee couldn’t hide her happiness, she was fond of the bay mare and more spies was just what she needed, admittedly. "I’m sure I can sneak you in and we could do with more spies" she responded heartily. Ghost had not forgotten Elsa, however, and the sprite gave the Edge General a gentle, warm nod. It was… Weird. At least, for Ghost it was. Even though she was no longer their Czarina, she still felt some sort of responsibility towards them, a need to know that they were fine and well. Perhaps some things were never lost even when one was defeated. "I’m glad you found new purpose and a new home" she said honestly "if you ever need a friend, do find me" the sprite offered a little awkwardly.

Was this how friendship worked?

;~; I wanted to post again, just to tie up the loose ends. Don't feel pressured to reply haha
Maybe the world won't find us
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Essetia - 11-28-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Ghost - 11-29-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Elsa - 11-29-2015, 01:49 PM