the Rift

[JUDGED] biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I felt pain, frustration, and a small amount of desperation as I shot my rear legs out to the stallion. I could feel my left hoof strike aimlessly at the air, but my right hoof caught a small amount of something which I assumed to be his chest. It wasn't enough of a hit on him to do anything really damaging which frustrated me even further. When I opened my eyes I could see the fog dispersing, the Rotunda grew clear and in turn my mind cleared with it. I felt a wave of relief wash over me knowing that I could see the beast once more. Though, I still endured the pain from the previous attacks pelted onto me, there was a mix of excitment and hope that I could win this. The thought energized me and pushed me into the realization that I couldn't wait around. Once my hooves reached the ground again, I sprang from them. Doing my best to put a slight amount of distance between the two of us.

In my attempts, I noticed him running toward me aiming to push me into the wall. 'Not this time.' I thought, breaking away from the wall but feeling the slight tingle of pain resulting from a miscalculation in my speed and his body finding mine. As he pushed me toward the wall, I pressed back into him slightly, feeling a small bruise arising on my left hind as he caused me to spin slightly. I flattened my ears to my skull and pulled away from him at that point, happily taking the turn he pushed me in and running straight in that direction. Slightly out from the walls of the Rotunda, seeing the courtyard in view again. I could feel the relief as the gentle grasses brushed against my legs. The aura of the Rotunda seemed too peaceful to be battling it out like this, so I turned my head to the stag hoping that it would be over soon. I carried a limp in my step, but I tried to not let it affect my mind as I flicked my tail toward him as an act of sheer annoyance. 'Who does he think he is, disturbing my peaceful morning to succumb to such wounds?' I thought.

"Who even are you?" I huffed at him, spending a few moments to catch my breath. I reminded myself of greeting him just before accepting the spar, remembering the scent of home that floated off of him. How had I never seen him around before? Why did he pick me of all creatures to fight with? I could still feel the blood trickle down my leg, the pain radiating out like a spiderweb. Though, at this point all I desired was to be the victorious one in this, battle scars and all. I didn't think it was too much to ask for. I wanted to be the one at the top when all my life it had seemed that I was the lower of everything. The time I hailed at the top was short lived and a blatent lie. Did he have some kind of desire like I did, to show that he was more than just lineage and rank?

After I had spoken to him, I dug my daggers into the ground and pushed off toward him. Lowering my head and tucking it into my chest, pointing my golden horn at him. The height difference failed me in being able to aim for anything other than legs and barrel, but I could at least try to maim him. I assumed he was still near the wall of the Rotunda, and I ran straight toward him hoping to stab at his left hind. I still carried a slight limp, but my adrenaline kept the pain dull. It was still noticeable but not nearly as desperate for my attention as it was to land this attack. I hoped this worked and I wasn't just going to push myself into the wall. I closed my eyes once again, doing a mix between a prayer and a wish that just maybe my assault would find its destination.

"Talk."

---------

Word Count: 695/800
Attack: 3/3
Summary: Rex tries to pull straight out of Erebos' push into her, but miscalculates her speed and ends up pushing back into him slightly as she escapes. She sustains a small bruise on her left hind. She then creates a large circle between them, looking toward him and begins to run straight at him, horn lowered to him, aiming for his own left hind.
OOC: Well we've realized my derpiness with reading the battle rolls so HOPEFULLY THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN xD This oen definitely isn't my best, but I hope it's not too terrible. :|
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Erebos
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna] - by Rexanna - 12-30-2015, 01:01 AM