the Rift

[JUDGED] biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
He hadn’t answered my question which caused some annoyance to flare up. I wondered if he thought he was too proud to tell me his name, if he was too apathetic, too ashamed even. I hadn’t sparred successfully before, but the way this black stallion treated me during this seemed childish and clumsy. I might have just turned five – which I’ll admit isn’t that old at all – but I had endured much in my short life, surely more than this stag had any idea of. Did he know exactly what he was getting into? I knew from the beginning that he knew my name, but he didn’t know my story. Depending on how this fight turned out, I wasn’t sure if he ever would. I clenched my jaw as I ran toward him feeling like a barbarian as I rampaged toward him with my awkward limp.

Though I was successful, I could tell as I felt my golden horn slide into his hind left leg. Success screamed into my mind and my heart jumped rapidly, the pulse beating loud enough within my ears to barely remember where I was. Pulling my horn from his leg, I opened my blue eyes just in time to see his retaliation. My bones ached and bruises burned with the pulse of my heartbeat in this fast paced moment. I took a moment to pull back from him and dodge further to the right, completely avoiding his barrage of piercing daggers that I was sure would have knocked me out if I hadn’t moved in time. His name echoed in my mind over and over again, trying to place it but I wasn’t successful. I had never met or heard of him before, but now I would know him as the one I had defeated. I stepped away from him after his blunder, stepping out and away from him out into the place I had been before I ran toward him. I limped and walked slowly, the pain catching up with me now that my adrenaline had stopped numbing the sting. My breathing was heavy and I felt that crimson liquid sticking to my left hind leg as well as the bruising that had resulted from a prior attack. It pulsed and vibrated with a shooting pain that I couldn’t seem to help even if I lifted my leg off of the ground.

I took this time to turn and face him, carefully keeping the weight off of my left back leg. My pale crowned head sporting crimson on the tip of my golden horn, drying to the chain that accompanied it. “I’ll remember you, Erebos. For now I think we both need to find a healer.” I called to him. Deep down I questioned again the fact of why he chose to fight me. Even though the taste of victory fell on my tongue, I couldn’t show my pride. Not when I felt as though a part of him had been broken from it. If it were me and I was a dark devilish stallion like he was, I’d be heartbroken to have lost to a creature like me - even with the help of a companion. During the entire fight, I carried this large pride within my breast of being able to show off my victory provided I won. Now that it was here, it was the last thing I wanted to do. If anything, I felt sorry to have beaten him. Maybe within my mind I felt as though I deserved everything to happen to me in these instances and when it didn’t turn out with my defeat, I felt as though I had let someone down.

"Talk."

Word Count: 617/800
Defense: 1/1
Summary: Rexanna is successful in landing her attack in Erebos’ hind leg, notices he tries to kick back at her but she moves far enough to the right to completely avoid the attack. She moves away from him and speaks.
OOC: Thanks so much for the wonderful spar ;-; poor Erebos <333 if you want they can continue their thread or we can just let it die out and maybe they could come across each other again after the baby’s born ;D

— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Erebos
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna] - by Rexanna - 01-05-2016, 01:13 AM