the Rift

[PRIVATE] How to love

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Her question stung. It put the blame of their not speaking on him in a way Ashamin couldn't handle, and the small creature on her back--presumably an earned companion--cast a glare that felt similarly accusatory. Without thinking the haruspex found himself drawing back his head, his features turning down with displeasure and his body language immediately defensive.

"Life is long and these lands are large, Zandora. It's not as though I've been avoiding you," he lied with instant regret, "and it's not like you sought me out, either."

His white tail waved slowly, forcibly, as he tried to cease its lashing. He returned her gesture but stiffly, tired and uncertain even as his cheek touched hers. His ears drew black slowly, flickering with surprised impatience. Was this really how she was to greet him, after so long? Maybe he'd changed--as the light flickered across Zandora's coat, he saw that she certainly was in the process of just that herself. Maybe it was something about this Orangemoon in particular that was striking all the mares with a childbearing fever.

The five eyes borne by his companions looked out at him with differing expressions. Lochan's bore hurt, as he knew Zandora and her past with his bonded. Rakt showed only a vague and disinterested sort of all-knowingness. Whatever was happening now was something he could observe without fear or wonder, because in his mind he already understood its cause. Ashamin didn't have time to correct the young red cerndyr, didn't have time to teach him the complications of a love like this.

No one did.

"But I see you're still living well. A companion is an important addition to anyone's life, it's good to see you matched so well with one." He looked sternly upon the judgemental little cat. Was that a dig? Was he proud of her, or was he simply unsurprised that she'd been matched with a predator? The buck wasn't sure where the hostility came from, and even as he spoke with such politeness it was difficult for someone outside of his mind to catch wind of, but it was hard for him to shake. He thought he had heard her say that she missed him, was it true? He knew he'd missed her too, he knew he needed to say it back because it was simply the truth, but he couldn't.

No one could.

""

""

/ image

@Zandora

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
How to love - by Zandora - 12-26-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: How to love - by Ashamin - 12-28-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: How to love - by Zandora - 01-02-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: How to love - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: How to love - by Zandora - 02-02-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: How to love - by Ashamin - 03-30-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: How to love - by Zandora - 05-15-2016, 09:53 AM