the Rift

[OPEN] Can we go back?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

There was already a chill in the air with the coming Frostfall, so there was really no way that I was going to be leaving the Throat unless I absolutely had to. The last time I had left I got stuck in a blizzard in the meadow and if it hadn't been for Destrier and his dragons I would have frozen to death out there. The prospect of that was more than enough to keep me firmly rooted in the golden sands of the Throat. At times it made me wonder if that was one of the reasons that dad never wanted to leave the Throat. It was pretty warm even when the bitter cold of Frostfall took hold everywhere else. Anyways, confining myself to the Throat gave me time to practice the magic that came with my rank. I wasn't doing any crafting per se, but I was practicing finding the metal that I needed to be able to craft.

"Ranjiri!"

My concentration broke and the metal under the sand that I'd been trying to raise slipped from the grasp of my magic and I snorted my frustration at myself. How could I expect to be any good at it if someone yelling my name broke my concentration?

Wait.

Someone was calling my name.

I made my way up the dune that I had my back to and once I made it to the top I looked down. It wasn't hard to spot the dark figure on the golden sands and since it was the only one close I figured it was him that had called for me. I started to make my way down the other side of the dune, sliding most of the way to the bottom. "Rhoa?" I asked once I stopped sliding and was able to stand straight again. "What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Ranjiri - 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Ranjiri - 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 03:45 PM