the Rift

[OPEN] Can we go back?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

"Glacia. Mauja's daughter .."

Neither of the names are familiar to me and for a moment I am relieved. What if it had been someone I knew? What if it had been one of my friends that was going to be the mother of his child? How could I be friends with someone and be jealous of them for having a child together? "I don't.. I don't know her... or him." I finally admitted and I shook my head.

Does he love her?

The thought struck me and my mouth went dry. What if he did love her? What if he came here to tell me because he loved her and he wanted my blessing? Why would my blessing matter? Why would anything I thought about the entire situation matter if he loved her? I felt like he'd kicked me in the gut and I took in a shaky breath and forced an equally as shaky smile that disappeared almost as soon as I'd tried to force it.

"Do you love her?" I asked the question and as soon as I did I wished that I could scoop the words back up and swallow them. I didn't know what I wanted him to say. I didn't know what would hurt more.

Yes or no?

There was one thing that was certain, and that was that if he said yes that he loved her that I would have to squash whatever feelings I had for him. I couldn't allow myself to feel for a stallion who was in love with someone else. I wouldn't put myself through that type of longing and heartbreak. I wouldn't make her feel the same way I was feeling if they were in love, it was too cruel.

Yes or no?

What would I do if he said no? How would I feel? Would I be relieved that there was still a chance of something developing? Would I be disappointed that he was having a child with someone he didn't love? "Rhoa...?"

Why?

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Ranjiri - 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Ranjiri - 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM