the Rift

[OPEN] Starwaves

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
'cause though the truth may vary
this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

When my voice startled her - she startled me in return. I certainly had not been expecting such a violent turn of her head and I retreated a step and was prepared to bolt. It was foolish of me to approach someone so brazenly and I cursed myself for that stupid curiosity. I would end up dead if I kept doing this! But as I am readying to flee, I notice that she has calmed and it encourages a similar reaction in me. My stripe forehoof returned to the snow and although I remain on alert I settle.

I appreciate that I’m not immediately brushed off as a result of my idiotic inquiry - she had every right to tell me to screw off. Especially after I had frightened her! When she moved I noticed the scarring around her eye and wondered if I had accidentally approached her on a blind side. That certainly had not been my intention and I was a little relieved to find some tiny flaw in the galactic mare.

“Oh.” Not that I really believe her - there is definitely something ethereal about her if not actually divine. Something has to be going on, right? She’s literally a star horse. Scar or not, I did not think it possible that we were from the same species or even the same planet.

But she was kind, and I supposed speaking with a beautiful alien was as good of a distraction from the damn cold.

“I’m Elspeth. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Seren.” Which, well, maybe it was a little bit of a stretch but it wasn’t a downright lie. But her question to me caused a conflict of emotions that I did not expect. Instantly, the confusion caused a flicker of a frown to cloud my golden eyes as I look at her - as though I could find the answer in her face.

“I’ve… well I’ve been staying with a herd near here, in the mountains… which I’ve seem to have lost.” I glance around us, hoping that they might suddenly be popping out of the snow nearby, but it’s just the two of us and the aurora. “And what about you, Seren? Do you live here?” It would seem an apt homeland, after all.

Elspeth

image by Kiki <3

@Seren

Messages In This Thread
Starwaves - by Seren - 02-23-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-24-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-24-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-26-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 03-01-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 11:29 PM