the Rift

[OPEN] Starwaves

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seren
interstellar
In the time she had spent alone, wandering, learning, Seren had become accustomed to viewing the world out of one eye. During this time of adjustment, she had felt her other senses become stronger; they were not as powerful as they may be for one who was truly blinded in both eyes, but it was enough to give Seren a sense that there was more to the world than she had ever thought about before. It had been here beneath these lights that this thought had begun to stir in her mind, before the moment of her internal revelry was disturbed – but it was not unwelcome.

Not in the slightest.

Seren had never realised how much she had yearned for company, how much she had missed the steady sound of another's breathing, the sound that their hooves made as they crunched the ground beneath them, and even how snow sounded. A sound she had never heard before. For a moment the child in her mind is awakened, and it danced.

It lapsed, as Seren's eye lifted back to Elspeth, her strange haunted smile still there on her own face. Her gaze caught the moment of confusion, the furrow of the brow of the unicorn, and she realises her question was too forthright. Her head pulls back, falling down in a submissive manner. Her body language becomes apologetic, but to her surprise the next sound she hears is the answer to her question.

Her eyes both rise back up, her head lifting. She has heard of the kingdoms, she has never seen them. She almost went to one, but fear had been powerful in her then and had sent her running, fleeing into the dark of Helovia instead. So she, unable to give Elspeth the help she should be able to had she been strong enough.

“I have caught the scent of many passing through this region... and I heard the word of a stronghold to be not far form here? To be in the north; I do not know its location, nor its name. I am sorry,” she apologises, her head ducking a little, fear lashing across her features, although she expected to be berated for her lack of information.

Yet the light soothes her, the fright is pushed back into the pathetic, weak cage it hides inside in her mind. Seren looks around her, looking at the lights, looking out across the world. “I have no home... I came to Helovia in a terrible event that tore the world open, but it is nicer here than it was where I had been stolen to,” she speaks in a softer voice now, calmer beneath the streamers of electrical light in the sky. Even more so calmed by the effect of Elspeth – just her presence and her gentle way she spoke to Seren brought the sensation to her mind.

And it was like this for the first time in a very long time.

@Elspeth - I adore her so much shes so awesome <3

Messages In This Thread
Starwaves - by Seren - 02-23-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-24-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-24-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-26-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 03-01-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 03-03-2016, 09:17 AM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM