the Rift

[OPEN] Starwaves

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seren
interstellar
It was difficult for her to stop her mind from rebelling against her, to stop the way she had been for so long to rise up again and take her. To make her submissive, smaller, shrink her down and force her back into the ground, beneath everyone else. Where she had been forced long ago, where she had been ravaged by that demon, who had seen her insolence and made her very skin change. Seren had never recovered from it and had fled, falling into the shell that she had been living inside of for so long, well before she had been snatched by the Rift.

In that place, everything else had changed for her. She had begun to learn to live again, until the Gods had turned cruel, poisoned by their own madness. Fear had been her strongest ally, but now fear was the monster that lived in her head.

Fear was what kept her from responding to Elspeth like another may in conversation, one who was unspoiled and stronger than she. There was only one path for Seren to take now though, and it was to grab at the rope that dangled before her and learn to climb it, or sink back into the quagmire that had been holding her for so long.

When Seren hears the words spoken, though they are blunt to her ears she does not recoil in fear. She pushes the monster back, and instead manages to give a true smile, though small – but it meets her one working eye, while her other only softens.

“It nearly happened again just now; apologising is all I did for so long, it's a hard habit to break...” She says, admitting something to Elspeth she had never spoken before.

It was oddly liberating.

Seren's head rose up again, level with Elspeth. She nodded her head, the name familiar. “Ah, yes. I heard it in passing once but... names tend to elude me. I hope you'll like it there, but is it as cold as it is here?” She asks, curious. Cold was something Seren had taken a time to get used to... and still didn't like it much.

The starlit mare saw the change, the sadness entering Elspeth's eyes, and Seren meets her gaze, sharing the feeling. There was a feeling of mutual understanding there, a sensation that the young mare was really quite taken aback by. It was nothing she had ever had before, felt before with another whom she had spoken with.

And it helped.

“Yes... we will,” she says, “The future is difficult enough to look forward to when one has trouble leaving the past behind... especially when the past is as mad as it is,” she speaks. Words not spoken; Seren had never told any of what happened to her, what her history was. It was a secret, only known to her.

“Did you come out of the Rift like I...?” She asks, the thought occurring to her suddenly – she knew there had been other places where the Rift had opened, bringing mad gods and others who were unlike anything Helovia had seen. It made her wonder of Elspeth was from there as well..
@Elspeth - Thank yooou :D Shes interesting to work out... and this meeting is helping her to realise a lot so yay :D <3

Messages In This Thread
Starwaves - by Seren - 02-23-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-24-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-24-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 02-26-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 03-01-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-01-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Starwaves - by Seren - 03-03-2016, 09:17 AM
RE: Starwaves - by Elspeth - 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM