the Rift

[DROP] Warm Your Buns

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

"You don't necessarily have to hand it over." Tae observed, her pale, ghostly eyes landing flatly upon the creature. It wasn't a threat per se. Maybe she was actually quite philosophical, and meant that instead of handing it over, he could have thrown it, or tossed it, or made them all do tricks to earn it.

Then again, she - and the two bristling black canines are her side - might have indeed meant something decidedly more hostile.

Then again, being one of the smallest around, suggesting a physical confrontation would most likely not end up in her favour. No ... she needed to do better than that.

"Why give it away? What do you want? A trade?" Tae had a plethora of things in the offering: vials of blood, bone creatures that she and Grusha had made, her wolf pelt, and a few other shiny baubles she had found along the way. Perhaps if she was fast enough, she could persuade the creature to hand over the magic? Quickly, before any of the others could suggest competing offers? Then again if not ...

Wisps of magic began to appear around her. Ghostly shapes emerged from her side, making it seem as though there were two additional canines, albeit ones composed of some sort of astral-vapour, like spirits. After all, she didn't know what she was up against. Both Mal and Hel looked at their spiritual counterparts without surprise - they of course had seen Tae do this on multiple occasions. However frightening it had been the first few times, they now knew that Tae wouldn't use her magic to harm them. At least, not without a warning first.

Tae seeks

:: [Magic: lightxwind | Can create storms with her mind: skies darken, air temperature drops, and violent winds begin.]
:: [Restrictions | Storms influences are limited to a radius of 10m]

Wishlist. No prior refusals. 

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

WELL I certainly didn’t like the look of those flames. The fact that a crowd that was gathering that was easily greater than the population of the Falls seemed to have worried the cute bird somehow. Yeah that’s right, I think he’s adorable. Jellybean agrees - or, well, she kinda managed to get a look at it from her backward spot on top of my head. She got alarmed because I stepped back away from the flames (no thank you I don’t want to be soup today).

I realized that though I had been drawn here for the crowd (how I love crowds!) the bird was guarding one of those funny little orbs like the one that we all played with in the water! You know, with the dolphins and the otters? Seriously, it happened! I swear! I had a delightful time, splashing Tangere and getting all sorts of wet. I know, it’s weird - I can’t get warm because I might melt but I won’t dissolve if I go in water. Magic is a very strange thing, ladies and gentlemen.

While I’m coming to this realization, and enjoying the happy memories associated, the bird started yelling at us! We’ve offended it and both my face and Jellybean’s crumble into despair at the notion. Oh, no, she just had gas (how marvellous it is when a griffin farts on your face, is it not?). Well I’m upset! “I’m very sorry that we’ve upset you, sir!” TRULY! I hate when anything of any species hates me. HOw can you hate me? I’m sugar! I’m literally sugar and spice and everything nice. They made that rhyme up for me!

I don’t particularly want the orb if it’s that hot, because it’s probably a bad idea, but I’m interested in helping to find a solution that makes our feathered host a little more cheery. You know what would be warm right about now? A giant group hug. With all of those present. Sign me up to be next to Mauja when it happens, though! “We could share?” I look around to the gathered assembly, as though looking for backers for this idea, before I’m interrupted by my own thoughts. “OH! Or we could find you something warmer!”
Johnny the Weaver

image by reli

seeking:
:: [ earth x light | can craft addictive candies from plants, candies are sugary but reflect natural taste of plant ]
restrictions tbd by admin

Wishlist
no prior refusals
+ 1 entry for Aurora Basin being herd champs!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Exactly what this thing was, was yet to be determined. It was capable of elemental manipulation - it was a fire-chicken, by Amaris' best judgement. The dragon-girl felt under scrutiny as the crowd gathered around her - she did not enjoy being in the spotlight, and apparently being anywhere near this creature and his bottle-of-magic meant she was going to be very close to the centre-of-attention.

Fortunately, only a few cast wary, confused glances at her today. Despite all her recent soul-searching and self-discovery, Amaris still felt her insecurities peak up - events such as this were the prime examples of situations she simply was not ready for. But, she would live on.

The petulance, the sheer grumpiness of the fire-chicken made Amaris smirk in quiet amusement, once she got over her initial discomfort for being in a crowd. The fact that she recognised a few faces was a small comfort - she smiled shyly at Volterra, though she didn't linger her gaze to his long enough to gauge whether he saw it. The crowd was so large and thick, that she didn't quite see the spotted hide of Mauja - she might have approached him otherwise, and enjoyed a backseat view of this event instead of such a prominent, central position.

As it was, though, she was forced to play this central role.

"Perhaps we are only despicable due to our lack of light and fire," she spoke softly after the pale unicorn voiced his idea, choosing to answer the creature's question of why should we have it rather than focus on the semantics of handing it over. "Maybe we want to be less despicable, and we know that what you hold-" (beneath your bottom) "-could help us reach that goal."

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7033
Seeking: Upgrade: Fire x Light | Able to summon 3 small dragon spirits, or 1 royal dragon spirit.
Prior refusals:
1: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10437
2: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7980
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
Aiya!
While this lumbering creature intrigued Tilney, nothing was more mystical and intriguing then the amber orb he held in his clutch. 
“No, I am RESTING!”  the inelegant creature growled; such a sharp bark caused the sun-coloured boy to step a cautious pace or two rearwards, breathing a pedantic "Oh, Pardon me sir!". Glancing to the growing crowd either side of him, he found he was quite stuck. He wished to turn and leave the troop so he might actually allow the hideous bird to get the rest he so desired. Instead, perhaps he could attempt to make the animal more comfortable. 

"Tilney!"
Ah, Rift! The magnificent vermillion man was here! "Rift! my friend, how are you?" was the bronzes cheer, accepting the nip to his scapular with a friendly kiss of his own to his friends neck.
Offers were made to the awkward beast, and Tilney could only smile jovially at each contender for the animals attention. Perhaps he might find a way to sneak away soon, but he wouldn't leave without extending his own offer and perhaps ask him if he might be able to look at the orb some time, purely to fulfil his wonder and awe. Unlike most of this crowd he did not wish to take or steal this valuable object from its present owner, only wished somehow something like it could be his one day.

"Here sir" The bronze man spoke as he lowered his barky crown, placing the base of his cracked and rusted lantern beside him. The flame enveloped in the lamps metal walls was brilliant but also tepid and pleasant. "We have the almighty Sun God to thank for this miracle, this warmth." Tilney exclaimed proudly, scooting the lamp closer to the creature. This crowned stag was never one to wave at an opportunity to express his fondness for the solar king. "Could I ask of your name sir? So that I might find you in the future to perhaps inspect your wonderful droplet. I only wish to view it for educational purposes and hope I might find one for myself one day!" 
With the hope of receiving the creatures name, Tilney began to squeeze past a pair of mares.
"I will leave you be now Mister. You said you wanted rest so I will leave you to it. I will return to collect my lamp later on if that is okay!" Was tilneys final whistle.

image credits

Wishlist; http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=18697
Seeking; Magic :: LIGHT - Ability to heal wounds and illnesses with a kiss to the affected area
upgraded will be to mental wounds and illnesses
Restrictions: Larger/more severe wounds (Upgraded - and illnesses) require more attention and focus/energy.
Prior Refusals;
1; http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=18707

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus might have taken offence at the thing's sheer lack of manners, but really, she could relate to its rough-around-the-edges approach to life. The cloudmare herself was not always the most polite creature, nor overly articulate, and so when the fire-bird-reptile-thing called her a bug, she laughed a sharp note.

A mare coated with scales arrived then - Cirrus vaguely recognised her from her time in the Throat, though she could not for the life of her recall a name to go with the striking appearance. She didn't think on it long.

The stallion who arrived next was like a grey version of Gaucho, and Cirrus froze up for a moment as he stumbled almost straight into the fire-hoarding bird-reptile-thing, caught between guilt and surprise at the reminder of her abandonment of the Throat's sandy halls. But, he wasn't Gaucho (the Wildfire would never forget to look where he was going), and so the cloudmare relaxed a touch, stifling a laugh as the thing burst into flames and mumbled curses beneath its breath.

More arrived. Many more. Cirrus vaguely recognised a face here or there - a colt from the Falls was relatively near, looking a little worse for wear. A low whicker cooed from her muzzle to him, a wing extended invitationally to the dark smudge of a boy (@Milo ). The rest, she ignored, rather concerned over the wellbeing of this nameless, motherless boy in a halter.

As it was, she sort of missed the question, the challenge laid out to them all by the fire-bird-thing, and so when her attention swivelled back to it an antlered unicorn with a lantern swinging from his tines having a full-on conversation with the fire-chicken, she was a little bit, well, surprised.

"You're going to trust it with your lantern?" Cirrus asked the antlered brute (@Tilney ), "aren't you worried he might sit on it?" It was a genuine concern - the thing was already using a vial of fire to warm its own behind - did it really need 1- another thing to warm itself with and 2- another thing to rub its strange ignitable buttcheeks against?

"You're not very nice," Cirrus commented matter-of-factly to the fire-pigeon. Reckon you should give it to him," she gestured to Tilney, "for being so polite to you despite your incendiary nature."

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7030
Seeking: Healing rain Upgrade: Light x Water | As above, but also able to imbue a small body of water (max. volume 5L) with healing properties.
No prior refusals.
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Grimalkin Posts: 50
    Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
    Whit
    Grimalkin remained happily out of the limelight, flicking an ear to the antlered steed who enquired after the warmth of the area. The behemoth was not about to answer him though, merely proffering a curious glance and tilt of his antlers in quiet acknowledgement, but nothing else.

The behemoth didn't know anyone else - he would change that one day, but he was in no hurry. Grimalkin would bide his time, bit by bit, carving his name into the histories of Helovia as someone to respect, to know, to revere - but he was under no illusions that such a thing would occur instantly.

He was glad for his choice to remain out of the way, as the creature ignited a couple of times - Why does it need the flames in the jar to 'warm' himself, if it itself is a burning ember already?! It was a greedy, ugly, awkward and insulting little thing, and Grimalkin could only scoff as it hurled insults and attempted to burn those near it.

Though it did pose an interesting opportunity. Grimalkin had to wonder if he offered it a pile of his own steaming shit in exchange for the magic, if it would be accepted - for it was pretty much all the titan could have offered. He was asset-less otherwise, with only his wits to offer, and he would gladly give the creature a quip or comment - but he didn't think that's what the thing wanted.

There was no harm in trying, however.

"Perhaps if you were to share your little gift, the warmth of your generosity would sustain you through the rest of the Frostfall." Though he tried for sincerity, it devolved into sarcasm, delivered with a dry wit he doubted any others would find amusing. Ah well, he thought to himself, worth a shot.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22132
    Seeking:
    Reader: Time x Light | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin can hear the current thoughts of another.
    Restrictions: Can only hear thoughts as long as he has physical contact.
    No prior refusals.

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Ivezho Posts: 71
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
    "Oww!" Ivezho exclaimed as the thing flared up and burnt him. He sat back on his haunches, unintentionally bumping into Ilios, his forelegs stinking of melted hair. "I said sorry," he grumbled, bending down to lick at his wounds. They weren't serious, but he would have to stand in a cool stream for a while to soothe the sting nonetheless.

Ilios' presence surprised him a bit, and he nodded at the stallion. Ivezho didn't really hold anything against Ilios - he knew the teal and crème brute meant well, he just.. Didn't make the birth of his nephew any easier. Suppose I should apologise to him too, the tall steed thought, wondering how long it would be before he was apologising to the world, saying I'm sorry as if it was his personal mantra.

"Hey," he greeted the other stallion instead, nodding, somewhat sulky still about his singed skin. Combine that with the weight of the grief he carried around with him, and you had one very sad Ivezho. "Sorry, about before, I-" he paused a moment, as the creature ignited once more at another person arriving. "I wasn't myself," he concluded, knowing it was as poor as an excuse could get, but it was all he had.

More arrived, as they were wont to do, though this was the first of this kind of gathering that Ivezho had ever been to - as the creature declared them all as despicable Ivezho couldn't help but agree, for he was despicable really - they all were, for wanting to steal what could be this creature's source of life, for all they knew.

"You're right," Ivezho said to the creature. "I am sorry for almost stepping on you. I'll be sure to take more care of where I walk." He didn't know what else to say - he didn't really have anything else to say. He wasn't about to say that he deserved the magic within that vial, for he didn't really.

None of them did.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=17894
    Seeking:
    Superheat: Fire | Ivezho can superheat his body to 300 degrees celcius without suffering burns to himself, but will burn anything he touches.
    Restrictions: Can only maintain superheated temperature for 5 seconds, once per thread.
    No prior refusals.

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
    Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
    Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
    Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Now here's a conundrum to test even the most scholarly of minds - how to get a fat, furry, chicken-esque monstrosity to move off a vial of power?

The beast frowns, watching as several of the gathered horses attempt to talk to and reason with the little creature. Volterra doesn't see a great deal of point in that, as it's clear the chicken-thing isn't going to give up its warm butt for mere words. One antlered male tries to give his lantern to the creature, and that gives the behemoth an idea. I don't think sucking up to it is going to help, though, he muses. "I think it's safe to say you aren't going to give up your prize for nothing in return. Hell, I wouldn't either. A warm ass is vastly underrated." His gruff rumble of a voice is tinted with amusement. And if you're male, then your ass isn't all you're warming, you sly old dog.

He thinks about beckoning Vadir and trying to encourage her to speed up the development of her fire-breathing, so he can offer the chicken-thing a nice roasty rock to sit on. Alas, that won't work - his golden queen will not be rushed in anything she does. Instead he summons his existing magic, creating a small, stubby golem which bursts out of the floor of the cavern and blinks its flaming eyes stupidly. It is vaguely humanoid, but its legs, arms and head are pathetically small, as all that matters is its large, rotund abdomen, just begging to be sat on by a fluffy chicken's butt. Veins of molten fire crack through its stone exterior, and it seems to radiate warmth and heat.

It waddles - or, rather, rolls, so small are its legs - towards the creature, at the bidding of the young stallion. It stands by the fluffy monstrosity, wobbling slightly on its stumpy limbs, lowering its tiny head and curling up into a ball so the creature may sit on it if it so chooses. Sure, it will crumble after a few minutes, but the chicken-thing doesn't need to know that.

IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
    HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE
    image: chan <3

Creates a small fire-golem to offer to the creature.

Seeking an upgrade to his existing magic:

[Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.]

Upgrade: Golems can breathe fire that causes minor burns, and when they crumble they release a small wave of fire.

refusal
    wishlist

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
    [ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Rift Posts: 43
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
    Eris
    RIFT

A soft snort blew from his nostrils at the friendly kiss placed on his neck and Rift couldn't help but sigh contentedly; it had been far too long since he had seen his golden friend. As Tilney made his leave, the chestnut stallion's brow creased slightly before he shuffled to the side, allowing the antlered gent an easier escape. Nodding at the cheery young brute's back in a silent farewell, Rift's attention was called back to the irritable avian and the words that the creature flung at him.

His smile could only grow.

The beast reminded him of his great uncle Nether, a grouchy old stallion that had a taste for verbal harassment and kidnapping members of his own family just to make them visit. Rift couldn't help it, he felt a sort of adoration for the feathered fiend spring up in his chest; whether or not the winged male obtained the glowing sun orb, he hoped that the quirky creature would stay behind long enough for a bit of conversation. Lowering his wing to make room for the growing press of bodies, Rift resisted being pushed any farther forward into the beast's personal space.

As voices sprung up around him and various scents caused the warm air to become thick and cloying, the ruby stallion kept his eyes on the grumpy bird. Offers were tossed about and a small wraith of fire stumbled slowly toward the crotchety thing and yet, all Rift felt was uncomfortable on behalf of the beast. How would he feel if his relaxation was interrupted by a nearly countless bunch of greedy mortals and their bonded, all vying for the one thing that was toasting his rump? He gave his head a small shake and stared incredulously about, the urge to speak up for the bird, to tell the others to give him some space to let him breathe. Sucking in a lungful of air, the scarlet stallion dipped his head low and took a single step toward the fluffy bird.

"I'm sorry you're so crowded, tell me what you'd like for me to do."
    All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
    All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
    Please tag Rift in all replies!
    xoxo

Albrecht Posts: 249
    Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
    One ear flicks back in response to the beasts tirade, the other still trained forward on the glimmering orb inside the glass bottle. He ignores the others, disinterested in their false courtesy and bare-bones attempts at bartering. Why trade a miniature sun for a simple lantern?

"Well I did say hello Dragon-Bird and all I suggested was taking the orb out of the bottle, not shoving it up your rectum. It seems you've already got something stuck up there anyway." The backward facing ear twitches slightly, torn between rotating forward in the midst of his humor or remaining in the familiarity of its current expression.

"You clutch that bottle of molten sun claiming you'll freeze without it, yet here you are in the land of perpetual fire - and don't you try to tell me that suddenly-burst-into-flames ability does nothing for your core temperature either." Jutting his chin out for greater effect, he nods accusingly at the beast. "So why should you have it Dragon-Bird? Is baking the shit stains out of your feathers really what it was placed in that bottle to do? Or are you just upset that no one comes running when your talons are empty?"

If being spiteful and making malicious comments is a part of the job then Albrecht needs to find himself a glass bottle and get his resume in order. He glances down at the little magma-like golem rocking uncertainly near the beasts perch and snorts in disdain. Don't these equids know how much perception and intelligence is needed to effectively ridicule? Then again, he thinks, maybe they don't. He hasn't met another soul in Helovia with the same acrid tastes until today. Perhaps they mistake the creatures bad temper for witlessness. A small smile creeps into the corner of the stallion's lips. He's sure the beast will show them otherwise now.

OOC // Wishlist No prior refusals.

Seeking magic upgrade for :: [ Magic: LightxSpark | Ability to stimulate pleasure centers of brain inducing attraction/affection. ]
    :: Upgrade | Can focus the effects of this magic on a third party rather than himself.

+1 Extra Roll for Herd Champions
    +1 Extra Roll from Prize List

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
    Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
    Violence & Magic okay.
    Wish - Away - OOC

Ki'irha Posts: 176
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Noella
    Like sheep they flocked, crowding into the cave seeking warmth and safety. The star girl was used to her solitude. She had spent much of her time wandering the frozen tundra of the north alone, so it was no surprise that she was beginning to feel claustrophobic while standing nearly shoulder-to-shoulder in the sauna. But still, her curiousity trumped her discomfort as she looked on towards the buzzard that squawked and chattered idly. She simply could not pull herself away from the spectacle.

It was a miracle this awful creature hadn't been eaten yet. His incessant banter would drive any bystander crazy after enough time. But as the bird burst into flames, Ki'irha's silver eyes widened in awe, as she had never seen something ignite so quickly, nor something on fire not become incinerated. I suppos the creatures around here aren't fans of spicy food, she mused, entertaining herself with her internal, albeit poor, attempt at humor.

She poorly stifled a laugh as the creature snapped at Albrecht. She was certainly not a huge fan of his, and to hear his curtness responded to with similar bluntness was pleasant.

"Hello, Sir Bird," she crooned, a sparkle in her eye. She stepped closer to the absurd avian, her voice an inaudible mumble to those who stood by her, but clear enough the bird would catch each word. "I would call you by your name if I had it. But, alas, I do not. It is certainly cold outside, which I'm sure is what drew you to such a pleasant location. But a crowd, I'm sure, is certainly not what you were hoping for as you warmed your feathers." She glanced at the bodies around them, wondering if any would object if the bird accepted her offer. "I would be willing to escort some of these other passerby's away so you can return to your privacy. Of course, it won't be an easy feat, so maybe you could offer some sort of exchange for my assistance?"

The blue girl wasn't stupid, and knew it was a long shot. She simply hoped she left with more than a bruised ego and a world of embarrassment instead of that wonderful beautiful glow.

"Talk."
    Love forever, love is free,
    Let's turn forever, you and me
    image credits

LightxSpark :: Can summon apparitions of animals that are made of white sparkling light. Shock/electrical burn the body where they touch. 
    Restriction: 3 small apparitions (dog or smaller), or 1 large apparition. 

Wishlist
    +1 Extra Roll for Herd Champs
    +1 Extra Roll from my prize list
    [Image: 5581b91112f69]
    Colored by Kels ♡
    Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.
    Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
    Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
    but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
    What am I doing here?

He belonged about as much as a snowflake in an oven.

Something was making an awful lot of noise, its voice a hideous, grating cacophony, and through the press of bodies Mauja thought he saw fire. His ears flicked back, flat against his neck. If something was burning here, he wasn't going to stick around for it to get to him. He was done with that shit, please and thank you.

But as he made to back away and leave, Naerys came up beside him, effectively halting him before he had even managed to get anywhere. "Mauja." He didn't think of the distance between them, merely sidled closer, and as she asked him what was going on he opened his mouth—but got no chance to speak. Whatever the thing hidden by the press of bodies was gave its answer, shrill and savage, and if Mauja's ears could've fallen any flatter they would've. “Maybe I don’t wanna hand it over just yet!” It? Ah—suddenly he understood what had drawn them all, why the orange glow reflected in greedy, beady eyes, why they had bothered this rather... vicious creature.

"Magic," he said softly to Naerys, flicking his white tail once as Tilney did something, before heading around—to leave? Without his lantern? Concerned, Mauja glanced back to the center of the gathering, but the rest of the bodies had shifted to fill up the space Tilney had left. "The offended creature is probably guarding a magic orb." He waved his horn at those gathered. "And they all want it." Do I want it? No, not particularly—what would he do with more magic, anyway? It wasn't like he had this deeply rooted desire to conjure firestorms or some such shit. He peered at Naerys, something serious in his eyes. "Do you want it?"

[ Wishlist ]
    :: [Magic: FirexWind (U) | Ability to summon flaming birds which fly outward from him in a semi-circle. Birds will either heal or harm depending on his intent. ]
    :: [ Restrictions | 10 small birds or 5 large ones reaching no further out than 5ft. ]
    +1 Prior Refusal
    man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
    angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Nephele Posts: 82
    Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
    The Fury of Fire

Listening to the guardian, Nephele let out a low sigh. While she had not been expecting the avian to simply get up and give them the orb in the bottle, she had hoped this one might be more in tune with the other guardian's she had heard about. This one was infinitely more difficult by comparison, perhaps the Lord of Fire had tasked the creature for this reason? Large wings ruffled at her sides gently with her thoughts, chiseled head tilting to she could better observe the unusual beast.

"A trade indeed." She echoed the mandible marked fillies words, finally speaking up and allowing her voice to carry. The filly called magic to her, and while it intrigued the amazonian at the uniqueness of it — it would be folly to actively use it against the bird. Same attention was paid to the skull marked stallion who offered a golem of fire for him to perch upon.

"Pay no heed to those who are being disrespectful, they're not doing themselves much justice. I'm Nephele." Neph added after a moments pause, introducing herself. She hadn't said hello, but there was a moment to make amends and at least let the creature know who was speaking. With that out of the way, she continued with the task at hand, he seemed like a no nonsense type of Guardian, so there was no use in honey words or bribery. He had stated he warming himself upon the heated bottle, a trade or challenge was more up his alley by her guesses alone.

"A trade, or task — would that be fair? I assume you would accept nothing less than something comfortable and perhaps a little bit shiny, to rest your body upon?"

WISHLIST

:: [ Magic: Fire x Wind | Summons a fiery vortex at her location. ]
    :: [ Restrictions | Lasts 20-60 seconds. Extending outwards 10m. ]

no prior refusals

Love, my territory of kisses and volcanoes.

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
    Please tag Neph in all replies!
    Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Milo Posts: 60
    Outcast
    Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
    Jen

Voices rise up and the tender, innocent chatter begins to seem an inescapable clamor. My ears flatten against my skull and I find myself trying to shrink, to make myself smaller and hide from the overwhelming sense of life around me. Their bodies are like waves but the heat they create is too hot to bear, so hot that part of me wants to turn, to run, to find the coldest corner of this earth and bury myself in its numbing comfort.

But I can't even run, not like this. So with my back aching and having no choice but to remain until. hopefully, others leave, I take a few steps to the side. Others bargain or press, but with the creature's hostile sort of response I think it would only be foolish to move closer. As usual I am content to watch and learn, for without that skill I have nothing.

Others around me sport coats and colors far different from my own and those that I have seen before, but living in and watching this land for even my brief time alive affords me a jaded quality. I'm not surprised by any of them, especially not after meeting the mare like the crocodile god in the caves not long before now. So many offers are made, but to what end?

I may have learned some things, but I've not yet learned what lies inside that orb of light and warmth. There are things I have felt that I'm too young to have deserved, but there are things, too, that I've not felt.

Things like magic and fire.

""

m i l o

Seeking:
    [FirexLight :: Can dry the surroundings to spark fires]
    [Restrictions :: Up to Admin]

Wishlist, no priors.

Iona Posts: 100
    World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
    Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"BITCHES GET STUFF DONE." -tina fey

Iona was very much content to fade into the background of the gathering.  The painted mare watched with a wary gaze as others were drawn to the bird on a crater.  Some pressed closer to the edge, eager to speak to the creature.  She, however, was content to hover towards the rear of the group.  She wanted the ability to make a quiet, hasty exit if need be.  Iona wasn’t one to trust many individuals, and here was a large gathering of individuals that she’s never met.  Still, she knew she had a lot to learn about Helovia and how things worked here, so she was content to watch for the time being. 

There were many she recognized, though there were far more that she didn’t. Mauja was there.  Unsurprisingly, Naerys had found her way to the scene too with no sign of her mother.  Typical. The girl stuck close to the spotted former queen of the Edge – a mystery Iona had yet to unravel – and Iona winked at her niece from across the gathering.

But it’s then that the bird starts squawking, causing the mare’s ears to return to their usual position close to her skull.  She’s surprised to hear it complain about how cold its ass is and finds it amusing that she and this…interesting…looking critter have that in common.   It was the fear of freezing to death that had drawn her here.  Who would have thought? “I just came from the islands in the south – warmer there,” she offered, after listening to varying degrees of helpful advice.

“Though...It would be hard to fly to the toasty volcanic islands down south with your bottle weighing you down,” she said, simply, as if it was the most obvious statement in the world.  Those islands had been warm too.  But, maybe the little bird would want to take a little adventure towards the southern half of Helovia?

It seemed like a more helpful idea than some of the suggestions she’d heard…

I O N A

Iona offers Iona-grade advice

wishlist
    Seeking: 
    :: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
    :: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]

No Prior Refusals

Please tag IONA in all posts.
    Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
    image credit 

Najya Posts: 90
    Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
    Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

So many had come to see this creature, and he didn’t seem particularly pleased to have an audience.  Najya couldn’t blame him.  A’mal, however, was fascinated and wanted nothing more than to peer into the crater he perched on.  However, the wariness from her bonded was enough to keep her atop the mare’s back.  Though she made it perfectly clear just how disappointed she was at the prospect of potentially missing out on something. 

The flaxen mare thought that perhaps a more cautious approach would be wise, though some were bold in their approach to the bird.  The bird’s voice is grating and angry and A’mal recoils immediately when it speaks.  Najya, however, retains her decorum and stands quietly amongst the crowd.  She was tempted to laugh when she heard the bird’s reasoning for being here – she supposed it was rather cold – but suppressed the giggle.  She imagined the grumpy thing wouldn’t be amused at all by an outburst of laughter. 

Others were quick to answer his inquiry offering trades and gifts and assistance.  Najya immediately began thinking of what she had to offer the bird.  A’mal, however, had quite a different reaction. When the little white dragon saw individuals begin offering items and trinkets, she clung more tightly to the glowing blue scale hanging from Najya’s shoulders. Anxiety flooded their bond as A’mal considered the possibility that one of her shiny treasures may be torn from her position in a matter of moments. 

But then the little mare spoke, and the dragon’s anxiety fizzled away into nothing but sheer relief.  “I could tell you a story!” Najya offered the bird, “I have many stories I think you’d enjoy and I’d be more than happy to provide some entertainment until you warm yourself up,” she finished, with a smile and a dip of her golden-crowned head.  If there was anything in the world that Najya loved – it was storytelling, and with her magic she hoped she could make the experience enjoyable for the creature should he so choose. 

N A J Y A
    Lines || Tags:

Najya offers to tell a story using her storytelling magic while the bird warms his tush.

Seeking:
    [Active - Light - Able to create a shield made entirely of light that shines brightly like a beacon.]
    [Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle.]
    Wishlist
    One Prior Refusal

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
    Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
    Thank you!
    pixel base

Naerys Posts: 86
    World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

one small life in exchange for a second chance at history?
                I'VE ALWAYS LOVED A BARGAIN

Maybe it was foolish for her to continue picking the metaphorical seat next to Mauja instead of sitting with her blood relatives, her family but her father's sudden (and surprisingly easy) departure from her life before her first birthday only served to skew her concept of family. To her, Mauja is family. And he's needed far more protection lately than either her aunt or her mother. Her aunt's presence in the gathering hadn't escaped her notice and though she stood near the back of the gathering, she was still too close to the fire for Naerys' comfort. Mauja is far enough back for her to feel safe, though she doesn't fully relax until she feels his bulk pressing closer against her. With a gentle sigh, she turns her head in time to lock onto Iona's familiar green eyes. The mare winks, causing a small smile to curve Naerys' own lips before the cringe-worthy squawking pulls their attention back to the fiery center of the crowd.

Naerys' own ears flatten back against her skull in an attempt to muffle the creature's rather unpleasant voice. Fortunately, however, it didn't last for long and soon it was Mauja's voice offering her the explanation she sought. "Magic." A familiar concept though some details are certainly unclear. Having been born with her magic flowers, she didn't understand any other way to acquire such things. To her, it seemed far more logical that one was either born with it or not. So when Mauja continued and made mention of something called a magic orb, her brows nearly furrowed. "Oh." she replies softly, her own voice intended only for the stallion pressed against her smaller, more slender side. But then she could feel him peering at her, a hint of something oddly serious in his icy gaze. "Do you want it?"

For a moment she could only meet his gaze with silence but soon she's lost in her own thoughts. On the one side, she's seen magic do good things (most notably, her mother's healing magic). On the other side, she's seen a far more destructive and fatal side to magic that leaves her practically cringing. She's seen it cause death and physical harm ranging from minor to severe. Magic, she presumed, had been the cause of the severe burns on Mauja's face and if that particular type of magic didn't exist then would there be a need for healing magic like her mother's? It was a rather simplified thought process but every bit of it made perfect sense to her. "No." she answers Mauja rather matter-of-fact. "I don't want it." and Naerys is completely sincere. She doesn't want it. Not in the least bit. But that certainly begs the question, then, as to why she's here in the first place.

And then, rather suddenly, almost as though it were an afterthought the girl speaks again. "There's fire. Maybe we should go?" But it isn't her she's worried about, no. It's him.

NAERYS
    image credit

Wishlist
    :: [Magic: Light | Her song manipulates another to speak the truth.]
    :: [Restrictions | Resisting the command causes discomfort. Requires permission to use outside of battle. Lasts for one post in battle.]
    No prior refusals
    +2 VOTG Extra Roll (from prizes)

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
    ** please tag naerys in replies **
    replies slow? check here for status updates.

Ilios Posts: 200
    Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
    ilios
    "Ivezho! Are you alright?" He didn't even care the taller stud had bumped into him, causing his own body to sway for a moment before settling again. His horned head dipped to inspect his legs carefully brow furrowed in worry. They weren't nearly as bad as they could have been, lucky for the silvery stallion. Satisfied that he would be okay he turned back to the creature. Anger bubbled through his words, "Don't be so grouchy you over grown vulture." He snorted his disapproval silver eyes flashing. "If you're so cold, go to the glowing room and find enough moss and leaves to make a cozy nest." His long white tipped tail flicked dismissively as he turned back to the stallion.

It was hard to say sorry, even harder to say it when you were only trying to help out. As he took a deep breath and tried to swallow his pride, Ivezho surprised him by speaking first. His ears flicked nervously waiting for the worst, but his apology hurt more than he had ever expected. Unable to help himself the stallion shifted to stand beside him and reached to bump his shoulder softly with his muzzle. "Ivezho, I understand. My words weren't right, I should have been more respectful. I'm sorry... For everything." He allowed his words to say more than he ever could. He felt the stud's grief, the life of a child far outweighed anything else. He offered him a small smile willing to forgive everything, even his wounded pride. "After this, lets go get those legs taken care of, sound good?" He smiled warmly before turning back to the creature.

He listened as others offered stuff for the creature to trade. "What if we just help you build a nice bed instead? People shouldn't be judged for things they own." He allowed his voice to hide the disdain fro the nasty thing. The stallion watched everyone silently from beside his friend as he wondered what the creature would come up with for them to do.

Talk
    Words;; 339
    OOC/Tags;; Ivezho
    Seeking an upgrade to his current magic:
    ::[Magic: FirexLight (U) | Can create fire scarab beetles that leave severe burns where they touch]
    :: [Restrictions | Can only make 3 beetles]
    Wishlist
    I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
    And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
    image credits
    You must be true to your heart..
    [Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
    Tag me

Random Event Posts: 1,286
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::

At least the violent creature and her furballs of pitiful annoyance was talking sense, and the creature turned its beady eyes towards her, sniffing down its ridiculously large beak. "Perhaps," it squawked pretentiously. A few others - the candy one leading the pack - started muttering platitudes. Bolstered by this clear measure of servitude the awful bugger shuffled atop its prize, preening the fluff on its chest with razor teeth. "But I doubt any of you have something so valuable as this," the beast pointed out, tapping one grotesquely long claw upon the class of the vial.

The other hybrid thing spoke out, at least not denying the unified despicable nature of those gathered greedily before him. "Magic doesn't make you less disgusting," he spat. "Your taint warps it anyways! It just makes you a stronger and more annoying disgusting thing." Maybe the Gods really should have chosen someone else to tote around their magic and hand out...

The one that deposited the lantern was watched with a wary, beady eye. He wouldn't relinquish the orb to any offer, but he was too selfish to not enjoy the glow of the lamp. "Byrd," he snapped shortly to proffer his name, though it was far more tempered of a response than his previous tirades. Of course yet another buggy beast had to pipe up, and the edges of the bird's wings turned into fire with his irritation. See? He was showing restraint!

"I ain't gotta be nice! You all crowd 'round, greedy and rude, pushin' and shovin'! I ain't nothin' to you but somethin' to try 'n butter up for this here magic. I'll act AND pick who I damn well please!" His evil eyes bore down upon the weather mare, hateful and arrogant. But an awful snorting sound followed whatever chap thought that kindness had some sort of physical warmth attribute, and shuffled around on the cork. "Yeah, now that's the answer to world peace," it cackled, seemingly genuinely amused by the antlered stallion's words. At least...that was laughter, right? It sounded more like an out of control chainsaw.

A wise sage nod was directed at the skull-faced brute, puffing his chest up beneath his wonky neck - like a limp noodle held up only by anger and will. A warm ass was definitely underrated. As was being a jerk, beady eyes swiping over to the old man he'd engaged with. "Never said I'd freeze, your memory failin' ya old man?" it snapped back, beak moving oddly slow with how quickly it spoke. "Magic don't always need a purpose. Yeh, I can give it to one of ya, but why should I?"

And that was the heart of the matter.

Of course the vine-marked idiot had to pipe up, and the bird opened its big beak and spat a stream of vomit-looking fire towards the brat, hoping it'd splatter on him and give him a nasty hot shock. Smacking its beak at the nasty aftertaste of expelling his bodily fluids, he shuffled about on his bottle evilly. "I do whatever the hell I want, kiddo," he spat. "Ye think ye'd like it if Earth Man came and almost stomped on you?"

Ah, but one voice was not ignored, and the bird cackled loudly at the naivety of it. Eyes turned to the winged child next to the spotted shadow hoping to remain unnoticed, and the words she'd spoken.

"Don't want it, eh? Then why th'hell are ye here?" And the bird glared down at everyone else, though he was clearly a bit subdued with all the offers the Helovians had presented both physically and verbally. "Tell me, then. Y'wanna offer somethin'? Wanna pry this orb away? Tell me what ye want it for and why, 'n I'll decide who to give it to." There, that would please the whiny bunch and the Gods!

He sure was one smart bird, clearly.

I suck, midterms suck, here's a post. 72 hours to reply.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Johnny Posts: 161
    Outcast
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
    Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Well, I guess at least almost everyone started acting nicer? There’s a pretty big group here and I don’t blame Byrd, as he so kindly introduced himself, for being a little testy. Even going so far as to spit in someone’s face! I mean, if you’re going to piss off the one that’s keeping guard of some magic that’s pretty damn stupid. My brain may be muddled with icing and peppermint but I at least know when to be nice.

Which is always, duh.

I half-listen to the critters standing around as they offer payment and trades, this one guy even makes this cool little… thing that he sends rolling over to Byrd! Just like that. It seemed to sort of be working… our host wasn’t yelling quite so much. But! We were slowly learning what he wanted, besides all of us to go away. Which, I supposed, I certainly could. Probably even should. But I’m a little afraid that if I move Jellybean is going to fall off and then everyone will see.

But we finally find out what we gotta do! We have to tell him what we want the orb for. “I’d like to make candies!” I’m at least 26% sure that no one else in this crowd is going to come up with this answer. But it’s the truth and my green eyes light up as I describe it - looking at all the faces but especially at Byrd because come on, how totally awesome is this? “Cute little things, you know. Keep your tummy all nice and happy, share them with your friends or hoard them all to yourself!”

“Sometimes food is the answer, you know.” I should know, I’m practically made of it.  

Johnny the Weaver

image by reli

seeking:
    :: [ earth x light | can craft addictive candies from plants, candies are sugary but reflect natural taste of plant ]
    restrictions tbd by admin

Wishlist
    no prior refusals
    + 1 entry for Aurora Basin being herd champs!
    [Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
    magic and physical force permitted at all times
    vigorous licking strongly encouraged
    please tag in all posts