the Rift

[DROP] Warm Your Buns

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris was surprised that he addressed her - everyone - so directly. He took the time to turn his attention to each one, to deflect each and every one of their words, their reasons, their desires, though he reacted differently for each. The dragonmare might have found it amusing, had she not been overwhelmed by her discomfort; as it was, she stifled the smirk that tried to rise up on her maw, not wanting to offend the proud creature any further than the rest of the crowd was already achieving - Amaris may be part dragon, but she was not totally impervious to fire's biting, burning kiss.

'Byrd' told her she would become only more disgusting with the addition of magic, and she nodded in agreement (though whether she actually agreed or not was questionable).

The conversation ebbed and flowed, and eventually the heart of the event became clear - why do you want the magic?

Amaris hadn't thought about it - she hadn't really wanted it, so much as to know more about it, to see where it ended up (and if its destination happened to be with her, would she mind, would she turn it away?). Amaris thought of the magic already flowing through her veins, she thought of the way her soul reached out for the light of the dragonsouls who had passed, and the fire which they breathed. The dragonmare's magic was definitely related to that which burned within this vial - and suddenly, she knew what she would use its influence for, should it be awarded to her.

"I would like to call upon my mother's dragon, so that I might feel her warm embrace one more time." It was something she was yet to achieve, to request the magnificent golden soul that was Akaith back from the abyss of the afterlife, to hear her powerful song ripple through the currents of her soul - Amaris could only hope for such an event to occur within her.

For if she could summon Akaith again.. She would never let her go.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7033
Seeking: Upgrade: Fire x Light | Able to summon 3 small dragon spirits, or 1 royal dragon spirit.
Prior refusals:
1: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10437
2: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7980
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The crowd kept talking, moving, shuffling, pitching their ideas forth to the creature, to this Byrd, sometimes igniting its passionate fury further, other times seemingly drawing amusement from its strange, beaky self. I've never seen a bird like that before, Cirrus thought as he puffed and sparked and squawked at the crowd. It was interesting - why would he do such things if he intended on keeping the vial after all? Why was he sparring his words (and something lighting people on fire), if he only was going to turn everyone away?

Ah, that's why, Cirrus realised, as finally the conversation swept around to the core purpose of this creature' existence here this day. There was always a price, a bargain to be struck, a deal to be made. This one was different, odd, unusual, compared to the way these things usually went. This one, wanted an explanation of the magic, a reason for one's selfishness. It wanted each of them to expose themselves, wholly and completely, to reveal those inner desires, those deep and selfish wants - needs? No, magic was never a need, but it could certainly help one, uplift one, transform one, into something else, something better and different.

Why was Cirrus here? What did she need with new magic?

Perhaps she didn't need new magic at all. The power to imbue the rain she could summon was new enough - perhaps she wanted to make it stronger, more potent… Cirrus looked to the burns on the legs of the stallion nearby, the one who had been burned. "I'll help you, after all this," she supposed she should have offered sooner, but the kerfuffle of the crowd had distracted her (and she wasn't as natural a healer as the Earth God had wanted her to be).

"I'd use it to make my gift from the Earth God stronger," she said, simply, to this Byrd, unwilling to go into any further details about what her gift was, simply speaking honestly about that which she held, and that which she would like to hold.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7030
Seeking: Healing rain Upgrade: Light x Water | As above, but also able to imbue a small body of water (max. volume 5L) with healing properties.
No prior refusals.
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ivezho Posts: 71
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
    Ilios' forgiveness was welcome, though Ivezho didn't feel he had warranted it - he truly had behaved like an ass, though perhaps the circumstances had justified it (a little?). Guilt continued to wash over him, however, as the creature then turned its rage onto Ilios, who was only trying to defend Ivezho's honour. Ivezho knew better than to try and speak either of them out of their little argument; both were beyond that point of reconciliation, or at least the kind of reasoning Ivezho's poor choice of words and actions would likely bring.

Ivezho nodded numbly at the weather-mare's offer of help, and muttered a soft "thanks," though he wasn't sure exactly what she would be able to do to help the melted skin and fur on his forelegs. At her answer to Byrd's query, he guessed that she held some ability to heal within her, but just what exactly - he wondered if he would actually find out, or if he'd just be stuck standing in a stream to cool the burning, itching skin anyway.

He supposed he was expected to formulate some kind of response, some answer to this creature's query. He had happened here by chance, and he had been burned because of it. Why should he want what the Byrd had? It contained magic, that much was clear - Ivezho glowed with his magic, he was a pegasus torch, a beacon in the dark. Ivezho did not know what darkness was, for he was already the Light, the Fire in the dark.. Why should he want more? He was hardly the trophy child of the Wildfire, a stellar citizen of the Dragon's Throat - but perhaps he could become such if he embraced what this creature was offering.

"I.. I would like to be stronger. I want to help my home, to defend it. What better way than with fire?"

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=17894
    Seeking:
    Superheat: Fire | Ivezho can superheat his body to 300 degrees celcius without suffering burns to himself, but will burn anything he touches.
    Restrictions: Can only maintain superheated temperature for 5 seconds, once per thread.
    No prior refusals.

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Grimalkin Posts: 50
    Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
    Whit
    A wry grin curved his maw as the Byrd-thing squawked in amusement. It was an awful sound, truly, but to know that it came from joy and not anger pleased the chocolate behemoth - for at least he earned only an earful of uncomfortable screeching, rather than a scorching.

Perhaps his notion hadn't been foolish after all. Perhaps the thing reacted better to humour, wry and sarcastic, better than everything else that was being thrown its way. It posed questions, and Grimalkin was tempted to answer it 'I'll spare your life if you hand it over,' but he held his tongue - there were far too many who thought this creature as an equal - he doubted such a threat could be upheld in the crowd of righteous, greedy souls who had gathered.

Pride was something of Grimalkin's weakness - it blossomed at the small victory he thought he had won with the Byrd. He almost felt like he, and he alone, knew how to handle the precocious creature, like everyone else should shut up and just let him talk with it, let him amuse it with his wit and charm, his wiles and quips. But, Grimalkin did not act on his thoughts - they were foolish and unfounded, and he was at least intelligent enough to know that (-though he did hope that one day, such thoughts wouldn't be unfounded, but that was a long time away).

"I want to know things." Grimalkin spoke honestly, not bothering to hide the greed he knew lived within him. "I want to know what it is they think, they feel." he leaned in close, lowering his crown to the level of Byrd as he spoke. "Knowledge is a power in and of itself; your bottle of magic would unlock that power, and I would do whatever it took to wield it to its full potential." He paused then, and added something to the mix which others had neglected. "In exchange, I'd offer you some knowledge in return - whatever you seek to know of me, you will know."

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22132
    Seeking:
    Reader: Time x Light | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin can hear the current thoughts of another.
    Restrictions: Can only hear thoughts as long as he has physical contact.
    No prior refusals.

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
    Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
    Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
    Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

The golem he'd created, ignored, waddles around for a few more moments before Volterra's mind bids it to crumble into dust. A small spike of strength returns to him, invigorating him.

Some of the others offer gifts as well, some try to be the hero and side with the ugly thing; others hang back and wait. Volterra does not know what is right, what will work, what will suffice to make the chicken-thing hand over its prize and bless the black behemoth with even greater power. He can only wait and see what will transpire next, and hope the Gods smile down on him. The thing's name seems to be Byrd, which is rather fitting considering what it resembles.

Eventually, it comes to the crux of it. Why do they all want the orb? What for? A smirk flashes beneath the skulled one's menacing headwear, and he swings his tail lazily against his massive flanks. He thinks for a moment whilst several others speak up, explaining why they want the orb and what they will do with it should they receive it. He contemplates a quip - something along the lines of wanting to warm his balls, like Byrd undoubtedly is - but he manages to restrain himself. He does not think levity will earn him any favours with the creature, so he settles instead on the thing he always uses: the truth.

The goliath is not a good liar, and so chooses not to, save for exceptional circumstances. He is honest, brutally so, and this scenario is no different. "Power," he says simply, when his turn comes. "The golems I create - I wish to make them stronger." Short, sweet, blunt, but true. Whether it will appeal to the creature, only time will tell.

IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
    HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE
    image: chan <3

Seeking an upgrade to his existing magic:

[Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.]

Upgrade: Golems can breathe fire that causes minor burns, and when they crumble they release a small wave of fire.

refusal
    wishlist

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
    [ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Tilney Posts: 288
    World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
    Tilney
    Aiya!
    Tilneys calm countenance turned slightly downwards the further he stayed from the group. While he had left Byrd to rest just as he had desired, the group continued to swarm. Tilney thought it was quite rude honestly; It was this creatures orb was it not?  "People, should we not leave Byrd to decide what he wants to do with his drop in peace?". His words came without any hostility, hoping the group might disperse and leave the poor duck-dragon alone. 
    Offers however were made one after the other it seemed and his bellow was ignored. Well, I'll still be over here waiting for my lantern.

Settling himself down in the grassy lands away from the cave entrances, Tilney began to graze. How could he not think about that precious stone though? What a marvellous gift from Father Sun. If Byrd did even up handing it over to someone  Tilney knew he would be quite jealous; the thought sent an unpleasant electric feeling to his heart. Jealousy was certainly an emotion Tilney rarely felt.
    And so the boy watched and observed. What would the others do with the power the golden sphere held? Something this powerful could be used for both good and evil. Besides the power of healing that Tilney sought, the father of Sun also sponsored telepathy so many types of psychic abilities. What others though? There were certainly some shifty looking creatures gathered around the duck-thing. He prayed Byrd would make a good decision in who he gave up his drop to.

image credits

Wishlist; http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=18697
    Seeking; Magic :: LIGHT - Ability to heal wounds and illnesses with a kiss to the affected area
    upgraded will be to mental wounds and illnesses
    Restrictions: Larger/more severe wounds (Upgraded - and illnesses) require more attention and focus/energy.
    Prior Refusals;
    1; http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=18707

Wander or Leave
    turn in to winter lights
    ☀︎

Iona Posts: 100
    World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
    Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"BITCHES GET STUFF DONE." -tina fey

Iona did her best to keep her cool, but to be perfectly honest she wasn’t at all comfortable.  Even less so when it became obvious that the creature – Byrd – was indeed holding a bottle containing magic.  She ground her teeth and shifted her weight uncomfortably at the very thought.

All of Iona’s feelings concerning magic and her reservations bubbled to the surface as soon as the others began rattling off the reasons why they wanted what the bottle contained.  She found herself again in that strange paradox of both disliking magic and needing magic in order to exist in a world where it’s so dominant.  She had little interest in becoming a master of fire or any other of the overtly offensive uses that many rattled off.  But it was enough to make her think. 

Unconsciously, she pulled her wings tighter against her sides – carefully concealing the ugly scars around her wing joints.  After…the attack…she had sworn that she would never again be vulnerable.  She had been broken that day in more ways than one.  Broken bones and torn flesh were nothing compared to the damage that had been done to her mind.  Never again would someone have such power over her mind.  She had been able to keep them out in Nocturne.  She had grown strong – her mind protected from even the most skilled of magicians.  But not here.  And when others began speaking of wanting to know things her blood ran ice cold in her veins.

Magic was indeed a necessary evil here, it seemed.  Apparently she’d been lax.  Iona’s voice is appropriately wary, and the tone is appropriate when she explain why she wants what it is that Byrd has. “I seek protection…from those who would use dark magic to conceal themselves or create enchantments.  I do not wish to be caught unaware.”  Not now.  Not ever.  Not again. 

I O N A

wishlist
    Seeking: 
    :: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
    :: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]

No Prior Refusals

Please tag IONA in all posts.
    Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
    image credit 

Ki'irha Posts: 176
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Noella
    On and on the buzzard chattered. Though, the blue girl considered that the feathered fiend did hold its audience's attention, as all were so captivated by the prize that none were bothered enough to leave, so why not continue the sharp commentary? A snide remark here, a harsh retort there, there seemed to be no kindness within the bird's unattractive (albeit flamboyant) body. It snarled at the crowd, asking them all to state their intent with the glow. She was confused at first - were they not enamored with the object simply because of its beauty and uniqueness? As the others spoke, her mind began to turn, and she pieced it together.

Magic.

Butterflies exploded in her rib cage as excitement sprang to life. She had always wanted magic. It was an invaluable asset on the battlefield. But what would she wish for? Perhaps the ability to light her enemies ablaze, or block the senses with a powerful burst of light. She couldn't think of anything in particular, and as those around her presented their wants, she couldn't help but feel almost undeserving due to her indecisiveness. If she had known the bird had in his possession magic, she would have been thinking of ideas throughout the length of this colorful exchange.

"Well," she began as it came to be her turn, "I'm not sure what I would use the magic for. I always though magic simply happened, and became an extension of your being. There are so many choices, I can't imagine having to decide on one." She thought carefully for a moment, knowing this decision may be one of the most important ones of her life. "I think I'd like to be surprised if at all possible. Whatever magic I am granted with, should the moment come, I'd like for it to be an extension of my soul, something to aid me on the battlefront."

What a shit cop-out. But, it was the best she could come up with on the fly, so it would have to do. She settled back, listening to the others state what they wanted, and deep down hoped she would get something wonderful from the vile bird that held one person's future within his scrawny claws.

Talk
    Love forever, love is free,
    Let's turn forever, you and me
    image credits

LightxSpark :: Can summon apparitions of animals that are made of white sparkling light. Shock/electrical burn the body where they touch. 
    Restriction: 3 small apparitions (dog or smaller), or 1 large apparition. 

Wishlist
    +1 Extra Roll for Herd Champs
    +1 Extra Roll from my prize list
    [Image: 5581b91112f69]
    Colored by Kels ♡
    Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Najya Posts: 90
    Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
    Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

It seemed that the bird, so appropriately named Byrd, had little interest in trinkets of offerings or even one of Najya’s stories.  A’mal was still reeling in her relief that all of the lovely shiny things attached to her bonded were safe.  The dragon had no idea what was in the bottle, but it wasn’t nearly as interesting as her Najya’s collection of shiny things.  The mixture of relief and amusement flooded their bond and all Najya could do was roll her eyes at the little dragon’s antics.

Finally content, the small dragon resumed her relaxed position, draped across her bonded’s withers.  Being awake was exhausting, after all, but she fought the heaviness of her eyelids to watch the others.  A’mal had never seen a gathering such as this before but was entirely unfazed as the creature grumped and squawked at the onlookers.  Najya, however, watched with keen interest.  It was clear that Byrd was in some way offended, or at least had to be terribly cold, because he certainly wasn’t in high spirits.  Then again she couldn’t imagine anyone would be pleased to draw a crowd just when trying to…warm one’s rear.

Again, showing her still-developing understanding of Helovia and its customs, the little mare hadn’t considered that it was magic in the bottle.  She hadn’t even known that magic could be bottled.  But upon gaining this important piece of insight, it certainly explained why Byrd had drawn such a crowd…and why he was so defensive of his prize.  Najya had only recently discovered that she even possessed magic, and quite by accident as it was.  But if she had to choose magic she’d like to have, well, the battles with the foreign Gods certainly changed her perspective on things.  She was a peace-loving creature at heart, but she knew now that war was unavoidable in whatever land she fled to.  But perhaps this magic could offer some degree of protection if her friends were ever in danger again. 

The others seemed so confident in what they wanted, Najya felt quite silly that she hadn’t been able to give a definite answer any sooner.  “I’d like to be able to shield my friends from physical harm,” she said simply, but resolutely.  She wanted to protect those that she loved, she only hoped that should she ever possess this magic – she’d have rare occasion to use it. 

N A J Y A
    Lines || Tags:

Seeking:
    [Active - Light - Able to create a shield made entirely of light that shines brightly like a beacon.]
    [Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle.]
    Wishlist
    One Prior Refusal

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
    Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
    Thank you!
    pixel base
    Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
    Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
    but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
    Greed.

Was that why he was here? Was it something in his subconscious, pulling him towards what he knew was in that bottle?

Hadn't he felt the same thing, when he'd found a similar orb trapped in ice? He had been angry then, protective of the thing melting through the ice—he had wanted to drive all others away, and claim the sunshine for his own. He had craved it. He had been ready to kill for it.

But now... He felt a spark of curiosity, and mild apprehension about those gathered. Could they be trusted with magic?

could anyone?

Mauja had killed by accident using his, not just once but probably twice. Tembovu had nearly done the same thing. His flattened ears blocked out Byrd's terrible voice, and he canted his head down at Naerys. She said she didn't want it. He didn't know whether that was good or bad. And she asked if they should go, while Byrd's suitors began to list their aspirations and dreams. Some wanted power, some knowledge, some comfort, some for good, some for bad... surprises. Could he trust them with it? Could he.. or should he throw himself into this, add his voice to the fray, hoping that he, at least, could do something better with it? He didn't want to burn the world down. He didn't want the world to burn down at the hands of another, either.

"All my life I have been a destroyer," he said, raising his pale head. How much to say, without giving too much of himself away? Without embarrassing himself? "I wish to change that."

But wishing is not enough.

[ Wishlist ]
    :: [Magic: FirexWind (U) | Ability to summon flaming birds which fly outward from him in a semi-circle. Birds will either heal or harm depending on his intent. ]
    :: [ Restrictions | 10 small birds or 5 large ones reaching no further out than 5ft. ]
    +1 Prior Refusal
    man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
    angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Albrecht Posts: 249
    Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
    The dragon-bird barks responses around the circle, seemingly addressing all who have addressed him, then poses a question. Why do they want the glowing, swirling, burning, ball of fire? Voices press in from all directions, stumbling over each other, trying to present their reasons first and prove that their motives are more admirable, more honest, more creative than the others. Albrecht pins his ears, both in annoyance at the creatures apparent intention of drawing this out as long as feasibly possible (and probably just for the attention, the needy bastard) and in an attempt to dull the whining pitches. He waits a moment, letting the initial wave of justification and noise wash over before sliding his own irritable statement into the mix.

“I want it because it is beautiful. You said yourself that magic 'don’t always need a purpose.' I have no ability in mind for it, but that doesn’t make my want any less valid than these others. Perhaps I’ll put it to some supernatural use – healing, hurting, creating, destroying, distorting even - or maybe I’ll keep it snug in that bottle and simply look at it from time to time, warm my ass against it, lure pretty girls to my cave with it.” He eyes the auburn mare again, the one with gold across her brow and around one foreleg. He's not sure the dragon-bird can even hear him among the din of the crowd, but he's not sure it really matters either. Maybe the beast will simply spin the bottle around on its side like some juvenile kiss-and-tell game. He wonders who'd be desperate enough to actually kiss the creature. Maybe the spotty one? Mmm, dragon-bird herpes.

OOC // Wishlist No prior refusals.

Seeking magic upgrade for :: [ Magic: LightxSpark | Ability to stimulate pleasure centers of brain inducing attraction/affection. ]
    :: Upgrade | Can focus the effects of this magic on a third party rather than himself.

+1 Extra Roll for Herd Champions
    +1 Extra Roll from Prize List

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
    Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
    Violence & Magic okay.
    Wish - Away - OOC

Naerys Posts: 86
    World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

one small life in exchange for a second chance at history?
                I'VE ALWAYS LOVED A BARGAIN

Naerys was comfortable existing in her own little bubble with Mauja. Comfortable ignoring the majority of the crowd and their insistent greed. Comfortable blocking out the bird creature's harsh tones as best as she could. But her comfort doesn't last. It never does. Naerys merely listens to the suggestions and offers of those gathered, followed almost immediately by the creature's typically terse reply. Some of the offers seemed to placate Byrd, as he so aptly called himself, but none seemed to gain his favor enough for him to relinquish his prize.

Byrd quite readily addressed her comment, eerily pointing out the concern in her own heart. For a moment her confidence slips and were it not for the fur upon her face, the flush in her cheeks would have been a dead giveaway. Beside her, Mauja remains her anchor. His mere presence is enough to bring her back to her true self, reigniting the flame of her own confidence. Teal eyes find what little she could see of Byrd from her current location and pin him with a fearless stare. "I am here for the warmth." She declares, her voice firm with her confidence. "Just as you appear to be."

She might have left it there, adamant with her own decision had it not been for the declarations of those around her. Most declared their desire for something good - like healing or shielding the ones they cared for but they weren't the cause of her concern. Some voiced their desires for destruction; a fact that left her heart clenched and her mind reeling with images of Mauja's burned face. She did not want the magic herself - she believes that down to her very core but counting herself out of the running meant increasing the probability of those hell bent on destruction obtaining their desires.

And that could mean seeing someone else she cared about hurt or worse.

So as Mauja canted his head to her, she lifts her face towards his with the intent of touching her soft lips to his cheek. He doesn't make any move to leave, despite the blaze of fire and the potential for danger, and so the girl remains as well. Steadfast in her position by his side. His words join the rest and though it stirs several questions within her mind, she remains quiet. As the voices of the others dissipate, she finds her own once more. "I seek knowledge and truth." She intentionally remains vague, her sweetly feminine voice holds a level of strength she hasn't fully displayed before. She still didn't want his magic orb but should she be chosen, at least it wouldn't be used for bad things.

NAERYS
    image credit

Wishlist
    :: [Magic: Light | Her song manipulates another to speak the truth.]
    :: [Restrictions | Resisting the command causes discomfort. Requires permission to use outside of battle. Lasts for one post in battle.]
    No prior refusals
    +2 VOTG Extra Roll (from prizes)

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
    ** please tag naerys in replies **
    replies slow? check here for status updates.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The awful creature pinned the innocent, stubborn beast with a haughty, mocking expression. "Sure, and ye just so happened to want t' take a gander here at this exact moment? HA! That's a lotta coincidence there, miss greed," it taunted, though it summarily dismissed her - he had used her for the purpose of her muttered question to get these buggers off his back, but he had no real further interest in her. At his command they all fell in line rather easily, spouting their desires quickly and in turn. He wanted to crow his triumph, because the fact they had an exact desire to pursue was only further proof - to him, of course, in his infinite simplicity - that they were greedy. But clearly they were all too idiotic for any sort of understanding to pass through them on his behalf, and he wasn't keen on wasting his precious breath on brick walls.

Nonetheless he had a job to do, though Byrd considered the benefits to be lacking if he had to deal with awful crowds like these. Maybe he'd look into a different branch. Regardless he had no real reason to let the orb go free without latching onto one of the bodies before him, as a few of his coworkers had done in the past. And while he was definitely a sour, evil bird, he was still in tune to the workings of the orb below him. All it took was a little consideration of the blur of words rattling inside his head, and peering into their hearts to see which soul best fit the power in the jar - whether that was metaphorical or literal even Byrd probably didn't know. Or more likely didn't care.

It was purely ironic - and therefore pleasing to Byrd - when the "winner" was someone who rather aligned with his own ideals. And yet lived in the farthest reaches of cold, and was painted in similar shades.

"You!" he squawked, noodly neck flopping about until his chainsaw beak pointed at Ki'irha. "At least ye 'preciate it for what it is, and don't expect it t' fulfill an exact desire." He grunted this almost reluctantly, shifting about on top of the bottle. "Have at it," he chortled, and with one quick flip of his talon, popped the cork out of the bottle and hopped down to the earth. The orb exploded in a fit of flames at being released, only to settle into a warm glow that rose and drifted towards Ki'irha like a great golden bubble. As soon as it touched her skin it dissolved, casting the mare in a golden light that soon disappeared.

Byrd surveyed the crowd before shrugging. "M'job here is done." And his pudgy wings began to flap, sending cinders flying, and he went bobbing off into the sky.

Congratulations to Ki'irha! Please post in updates when you're ready.

All those who did not post before the timeline were disqualified and cannot use this as a refusal in future drops.

Volterra's refusal was an Earth/Water drop and therefore does not count. This drop has been added as a refusal for each character, and the prizes will be updated.

Original List
    Randomized List

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore
    Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
    Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
    but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
    [ Because I don't like to leave threads unfinished... ]

"Sure, and ye just so happened to want t' take a gander here at this exact moment? HA! That's a lotta coincidence there, miss greed," and the toxic voice, the toxic words, grated on his nerves like nails on a blackboard. And perhaps, it only bothered him as much as it did, because it was aimed at Naerys—at the girl who had adopted him, latched onto him, and given him some half-formed purpose from time to time.

Maybe he wouldn't have cared if the chainsaw-beaked, foul-mouthed, vile, screeching feather-duster of horror had commented on it otherwise. Maybe, if it had been someone he didn't care for, he just would've rolled his eyes and shrugged it off as the stupidity he would have to endure.

The world wasn't going to change in a hurry.

But as it was, he bristled, poll coming up high as his ears pinned and eyes narrowed. Just shut the fuck up— he thought savagely as the world grew darker, clearer, little crystals of ice forming in his own blood to soothe the rage.

The creature was worthless. Useless.

It is nothing to you.

He was above this. Beyond this. Beyond the lack of logic, the baiting, the .. the sheer stupidity of it all. It was just so dumb. Did this creature ever stop to listen to himself?

He probably did. And loved every screeching note of his horrendous voice.

"Fuck this shit," Mauja mouthed harshly, but remained a second longer, just to see who he would give it to. Some unknown blue stranger, presumably from the north; she hadn't wanted anything particular from it. Well, whatever.

He was just turning away as the bottle popped open, and the little ball of magical energy spouted a few gouts of flame; Mauja jumped slightly, pausing to look over his shoulder. Frankly, he didn't care if anyone has seen his little scare.

He'd gladly punch some ice through the heart of anyone who fucking cared to bring it up.

"I'm going," he growled to Naerys, hoping he lingering glance he left her was enough to let her know that he wasn't angry at her, oh no.

He was angry at the fucking, stupid world.

(And at himself.)

[ Mau out. <3 Thanks admin for the "charming" RE creature, he was a delight. ;D ]
    man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
    angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Albrecht Posts: 249
    Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
    He doesn’t truly expect the beast to give his flaming bottle of magic to a nasty old stallion like himself, but why when the dragon-bird finally chooses does he have to pick the Corporal of all candidates? Why not one of the less pompous, less irritating, less egotistic choices? Why not one of the quiet observers? Why not the antlered fellow with the lantern? Why not the altruistic Weaver? Why, why, why.

Disappointment permeates the blacks mind, no less fierce for all his pessimistic expectations. He knows just how backward and unfair the world is - he does - but something about knowing that the gods themselves had packaged this little gift and sent it down to be bestowed on a worthy soul had sparked some tiny, forgotten flicker of naivety inside him. For half a second he'd almost believed that there was justice in the world, but the world saw fit to suffocate that idea just as quickly as it had surfaced. He doesn’t know now why he'd ever allowed himself to be deceived. Stupid dumbass.

He hadn’t had an exact desire in mind for the magic either. He’d even suggested keeping the orb intact for the simple sake of looking at it while Ki’irha had specified its use to be something of value in battle (big fucking surprise, the Neanderthal wants a bigger stick to hit her enemies with). How is that ‘not fulfilling an exact desire?’ “Bullshit.” He huffs angrily, loudly, making no attempt to stifle the complaint. He can hear the others sighs of frustration and mumbled farewells to broken dreams from all around the circle. He’s not the only one feeling wrongly judged, but he’s the only one throwing an absolute bitch fit about it.

"I hope it opens a black hole inside your chest." He snarls over his shoulder, pushing his way through the dispersing crowd and away from the idiocy gathered there. "That would be an extension of your soul." Maybe that's what the joke has been all along, that she looks as dark and airless as the night sky above and the desolate heart within.

OOC // Shamelessly drinking Neo's cool-aid about not leaving a thread unfinished. @Ki'irha for obvious reasons. Pm me if you want to continue this somewhere else, otherwise we'll just continue hating each other like true Basiners. xD

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
    Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
    Violence & Magic okay.
    Wish - Away - OOC