the Rift

[PRIVATE] father with a shotgun [earth god]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

& to dust shall we all return

The God waved a massive wing as Volterra began his request. The movement was patient and kind, a symbol that the stallion already had his attention and that he could speak plainly. The God's feathers ruffled a muted you may in response to Volterra's query, and his massively horned skull bobbed ever so slightly.

There is something monstrous in me, Father Earth, something loathsome, something despicable.

Almost sadly, the God's ears perked forward and his head titled. At first, he had to stifle the urge to allow his thoughts to turn to his child and what the implications of what Volterra had just said might relate to her. But she did not need (or likely want) his protection, and these moments were to be saved for Volterra and his needs. And so, the God shuffled Isopia from his mind. Had he known Volterra's own thoughts, he might have offered to do the same for him as well. Instead, he merely looked on with a mountainous well of patience and concern, wondering what monster Volterra thought lurked within himself.

The God is about to speak, but Volterra continues, and his words send silent shivers down the God's back: Oh - and I want it to hurt.

The God exhales. Punishment. Why do they all think that the are so deserving of it? That there flaws necessitate these flagellations? As much as he wants to console the monochromatic stallion, he knows that it will do him no good. Nay - if his mind is made up, then this is his cure the God thinks to himself, nodding his massive skull once again.

"I can." He says finally, his words simple - a blanket acceptance of all that Volterra has said. He will offer him no advice, no sympathy, and no judgement.

"If you want to manifest this monster ... then you must first learn control as you are now. I won't have you wreaking physical havoc as a beast, simply because your emotions are too wild inside of yourself. It is remembering what you are - who you are - that will chain your demons. Take this-" The God offered Volterra (or perhaps his dragons, whose claws were far more dexterous) a stone. It was plain by all accounts, but was jagged and rough. Almost any side of it could be used as a weapon if done correctly, and even the mass of it would do some damage if thrown.

"You are to make this stone smooth. But rubbing away at it won't do the trick. Only your actions and emotions can degrade its rough exterior. It requires secret feelings - love, sadness, guilt, need or true hate. The type of hidden feelings, not the ones that bubble easily to the surface like frustration or anger. It will also accept sacrifice or altruism." The God shrugged casually, as if perfectly fine with the lack of direction he was giving Volterra on how to smooth the stone. "I'm sure you'll find what works and what doesn't easily enough."

The God paused, wishing again that the mortals could understand that this was not the way ... but alas. Perhaps it was. It was their way.

"Bring me back the smoothed stone, and we shall see the face of your monster."

Volterra has been given a rough stone! No need to add this to your item list. Only true/deep/meaningful encounters will cause the stone to become smooth. Deep honestly, vulnerability, altruistic actions, proper restraint etc will cause the stone to gradually become smoother. If you have questions about what will count, PM me.  After Volterra has 'smoothed' the stone 5 times, bring it back to the Earth God.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
father with a shotgun [earth god] - by Volterra - 03-19-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: father with a shotgun [earth god] - by God of the Earth - 04-18-2016, 12:39 PM